1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Sixpoint 3 Beans

Discussion in 'US - Mid-Atlantic' started by mymrnngjckt, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Has anyone seen cans of this around in SEPA? If so, where and what was the price point?

2. gregkoko

gregkoko Aficionado (235) New York Mar 12, 2010

Hits distribution next week. It'll most likely be the same price point as every other Sixpoint 4pk

3. MisterBisco

MisterBisco Advocate (520) New York Feb 18, 2009

Hasn't even hit Whole Foods in Manhattan as of today, and they are usually at the front of the line.

4. I love Resin, but really haven't been thrilled with anything else. I want this beer to be so good. lol I love coffee in beer.

lovindahops likes this.
  5. shinmemkuf

shinmemkuf Disciple (65) New York Jan 8, 2013

Saw it at Beer Table Pantry this evening in Grand Central Terminal but couldnt bring myself to pay $6 a can knowing that it would be at least half that if I just waited to find it in 4 packs

6. musicalshore

musicalshore Disciple (55) Texas Feb 7, 2010

I'm drinking one right now, got it at the supermarket (I'm in Flatbush). I don't like the idea of chocolate or coffee in beer, I only bought it because it was cold and I'm sick of Bengali, also I like to get drunk an 3 Beans is 10% in a 12 oz can. I kind of like it, and like I said, I usually don't go for this stuff, so if you do, you'll prolly like it. My fav so far is Resin, but it's hard to find

7. ThirstyFace

ThirstyFace Initiate (0) New York Jan 11, 2013

It's amazing and gives FBS a run for its money

8. Got a case at Shangy's for $65.

9. jmdrpi

jmdrpi Champion (750) Pennsylvania Dec 11, 2008

Picked up a single can to try at the Blue Dog in Lansdale. $3.50 or something like that.

10. neas

neas Aficionado (150) Pennsylvania Oct 18, 2011

Saw 4 packs at beer heaven tonight. In the cooler.

11. There are a bazillion sinsillion better beers with coffee and chocolate infusion. I found this one to be underwhelming at best.

12. cosmicevan

cosmicevan Champion (810) New York Dec 13, 2009

[​IMG]

i dug it but didn't find it to be mind blowing. there has been a lot of chatter about it, so i was pretty excited. it is good, especially if you dig coffee beers with that gourmet coffee flavor. i wasn't disappointed because it was good and i understand the chatter since it is very different for sixpoint. definitely worth a taste if you dig coffee/chocolate beers

13. vande

vande Advocate (510) Illinois Jan 26, 2007

Just got it in out here...something like $12/4pk... Looks interesting...

14. Drafts just hit Philly. Was on at Perch and Time as of last night. In my opinion, this could be Sixpoint's best beer. Big coffee flavor; no sign of the 10%. I really enjoyed it.

dagimp likes this.
  15. Saw cans of it at The Bottle Shoppe in Ardmore yesterday.

16. ThirstyFace

ThirstyFace Initiate (0) New York Jan 11, 2013

Don't ever let anyone tell you that you are repetitive.

17. Sixpoint= Suxpoint

18. Had some at WF Devon. It's a great beer !

19. not a fan, took me awhile to finish off the can. Wish i could of only bought one can instead of the 4pack

20. Was $14 for a 4 pack at Whole foods, so a little higher than Resin (usually $10).

21. Picked up a few cans of this, and my reaction after the first one was that it's decent but not great. It's got a potent raw coffee bean flavor to it, and I didn't pick up much in the way of chocolate. The 10% is well hidden though.

22. Steeeve

Steeeve Savant (255) Pennsylvania Nov 16, 2010

I was going to buy this at Whole Foods PM. The price wasn't marked but I assumed it was around the same as Resin which I believe is only $7.99. They rang it up at $14.99. I was astonished. Why on earth would anyone pay such an exorbitant price? Nevermind that inaccurate and/or nonexistent price tags are my biggest beef with Whole Foods.

23. It's a coffee imperial stout aged on oak. Seems about right to me. WF Devon was $1 cheaper.

24. I paid $13.99/4-pack at WF Devon. $3.50 a can really isn't bad....

For a 10% ABV, coffee/chocolate beer aged on oak, the price isn't too crazy, IMO.

25. beano37

beano37 Initiate (20) New York Feb 11, 2013

Best Market In Huntington Station NY(long Island) has 4 paks for $10.99 Will try some this weekend I think