1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Sixpoint 3Beans

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by phooky, Jan 9, 2013.

1. phooky

phooky Savant (420) New York Jan 23, 2010

Sixpoint just posted an instagram picutre of a can of 3Beans with the caption, "It's coming..." Being a lover of both coffee stouts and Sixpoint brews, I searched this forum but didn't find anything on it.
    I found the below picture and article from a few weeks back:

[​IMG]

source: http://beerstreetjournal.com/coffee-in-a-can-sixpoint-3beans/

Anyone else excited?

2. I want some Bolshoi in cans!!!!

fmccormi likes this.
  3. crusian

crusian Advocate (620) Oregon May 14, 2010

I hope they use different hops than their regular beers for this. bubblegum in my beerbtastes bad.

4. I'm too dumb to figure out what the third bean is..
    ..pinto?

5. fmccormi

fmccormi Champion (760) New York Oct 24, 2010

As per their facebook wall, apparently it's a Romano bean. Never heard of it, personally, but hey—I'm generally a fan of their Mad Scientists series.

And they're calling it an "über porter," so I guess that's an Imperial Stout? Who the hell knows. Big, and probably very, very dark brown is my guess. I'll definitely try it.

6. Any chance that 'Coming Soon' means 'next couple of week or so'? I'd love to try it out when I'm in NY on the 18th

7. POTABLE83

POTABLE83 Savant (410) New York Jun 21, 2012

Not official release date as far as i know, but it is supposed to be released around the end of January.

8. fmccormi

fmccormi Champion (760) New York Oct 24, 2010

Again, as per their facebook page, it sounds like it'll be getting around their distribution footprint in the next week to two weeks, but you should ask them directly to get a better idea—they're generally really good about communication.

9. Hanzo

Hanzo Champion (955) Virginia Feb 27, 2012

Sixpoint is hit or miss for me, but I love me some coffee stouts so I will be trying this.

suspect likes this.
  10. Ah ok cool. Yeah they are used in a lot of Baltic porters. Sounds good.

fmccormi likes this.
  11. I'm a big fan of Sixpoint. After buying a case that had damaged cans, and contacting them, the president sent me a care package of 3 4 packs, and a t-shirt.

With that said, Ill still try this. Even though I'm a fan of chocolate stouts more than coffee.

12. Looking forward to this myself. Currently a fan of Diesel & Automnation.

13. iwantmorehops

iwantmorehops Savant (335) Vermont Sep 25, 2010

Been underwhelmed by every six point offering, but I'm a sucker for strong beer with coffee and chocolate, and I do like the cans...

14. Biermaedchen

Biermaedchen Disciple (70) Texas Jun 8, 2011

[​IMG]

Romano Beans, Chocolate via the Mast brothers and cold brew coffee from Stumptown Coffee Roasters. I'm salivating. If you've had Stumptown's cold brew, I'd say you can expect some pretty roasty coffee flavors-- which i am on board with. VERY EXCITED.

15. gregkoko

gregkoko Aficionado (235) New York Mar 12, 2010

Considering I already love Gorilla Warfare, I'm extremely excited for this

mborden likes this.
  16. How much I enjoy this will probably depend largely on the body of the beer. If it's on the thicker and full bodied side, I'm sure I'll enjoy it thoroughly. If it's thin...probably not so much.

fujindemon74 likes this.
  17. dsal89

dsal89 Advocate (505) Indiana Jul 6, 2008

Yeah....i want this.

I have actually enjoyed everything ive had from them. As long as the Bengali tiger is fresh then im good.

18. Are those beer goggles?

19. I really enjoy Resin and Apollo. Bengali Tiger and Autumnation did nothing for me. I had Diesel for the first time last night and quite enjoyed it. So I'd say Six Point is hit or miss, but I'll try anything they make once. 3Beans sounds cool.

20. Shane is a cool guy. I posted on BA about some not so great Bengali Tiger and he contacted me about it. He sent me 16 cans of beer and 2 bottles of his homebrew. Ended up I liked the beer he sent and have continued to buy his beers.Had he not sent the fresh cans I might have never bought his beer again. I have been drinking Diesel this winter and waiting for Apollo. Great prices on his beers. $7.99 a four pack at the WF is a crazy good deal. Give them another shot if you have given up. The mad series is always good to try. Always try Sixpoint when its on tap.

I will be buying this coffee beer if it shows up in my area.

Enjoy

fmccormi and HipsterBrewfus like this.
  21. I love Romano beans! Just made some pastafagioli with them. I will be in search of this beer! :)

22. Sneers

Sneers Savant (385) New Jersey Dec 27, 2009

Interesting. Do you know why?

23. Biermaedchen

I think they are meant to be mad scientist goggles, from the mad scientist series

24. Biermaedchen

for the protein, helps with the mouth feel

25. Wouldn't those be Romanov beans ;)

libbey and Rempo like this.
  26. Oh hell yeah!

27. Yes. I love beer, I love coffee, I love chocolate and I love Sixpoint.

28. Makes me happy to see Im not an isolated incident. it would have been wicked easy for him to blame it on shipping and say "Oh well, not our fault, better luck next time." but he got very involved. Im not sure how many others would have been wiling to do that. i wrote a blog post about it, and got a lot of positive feed back from them and from others. Great group of people.

I hope iI didnt sound like Ive written them off, I havent, at all. As far as Im concerned I'm a fan as long as I keep drinking beer. It helps that I've enjoyed most of what I've had.

29. socon67

socon67 Advocate (680) New York Jun 18, 2010

I'm understanding it get to the distributor latext week. Should be seeing it on the shelves starting the 21st.

Squidly and PatriotsRule like this.
  30. This is uber exciting news! Definitely will get some so to speak once its released. Until then it's pretty things east India once upon a time and possibly growlers of drayman's porters for me. Thanks for alerting me to this news

31. phooky

phooky Savant (420) New York Jan 23, 2010

Hunterdon distro in NJ posted this on their 'coming soon' list.. hopefully we can expect this next week!

32. MeadGuyfromMD

MeadGuyfromMD Savant (260) Maryland May 23, 2007

That or it's supposed to be *steampunk*, conisdering the Mast brothers are involved. They run a artisanal chocolate shop in Brooklyn.
    http://mastbrothers.com/about