Sixpoint continues spirit of innovation with release of 24 oz. wide-mouth SILO can

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by SCW, Oct 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THANAT0PSIS

THANAT0PSIS Pooh-Bah (2,201) Aug 3, 2010 Wisconsin
    Pooh-Bah

I was all ready to come in here and bitch about how the last thing we need is more large-format stuff (I still maintain that), but a sixer of this tasty beverage is 13.88¢/oz., and this is 14.58¢/oz. This is how large-format pricing should be. All other breweries take note.

2. Smileitsfreetobehappy

Smileitsfreetobehappy Initiate (0) Jul 14, 2014 Alaska

Yeah. Miller has had resealable cans that are 16oz and filled with pure piss. sixpoint is innovative in the fact that it's a drinkable and delicious beer for a decent price you can have miller when you go camping i'm taking me some bloody sixpoint ^_^

3. MikeyDD

MikeyDD Initiate (0) Jul 2, 2014 Wisconsin

Awesome. Love Six Point liquids. In any aliquot. I'll be looking for these

4. SCW

SCW Initiate (0) Jul 25, 2004 New York

thank you for noticing one of important takeaways....it is not persuasive to buy a bomber as a consumer if you are paying 50-100%+ more per ounce.... our goal was to make a portable format for the customer but still provide a sense of value...

dagimp, dustinjkline, jds16 and 16 others like this.
  5. BH712

BH712 Initiate (0) Jan 29, 2014 District of Columbia

Splitting hairs to me; if it's aluminum and resealable, what is the difference between calling it a can or a bottle? I will happily buy this when it hits my area because of course it isn't a macrobrew (no need to throw the word lager in there to avoid people mistaking it as pejorative) and Sixpoint brews great stuff (though I have yet to try Bengali). Wholeheartedly agree on the pricing.

Providence likes this.
  6. BH712

Out of 3000+ breweries in the US, Miller is one of a tiny minority that doesn't make drinkable and delicious beer, so it's hard to get away with calling that innovative ^_^

7. THANAT0PSIS

Pooh-Bah

Yes, thank you so much for keeping the customer in mind. More breweries really need to follow this example. $10+ bombers of (I)IPA is pretty insane, and I applaud you for giving us 2 "extra" ounces for such a reasonable price point.

Please follow suit with The Crisp in this format. I love me some hoppy pilsner.

Snowshoes, BMBCLT and SCW like this.
  8. RobinLee

RobinLee Maven (1,387) Feb 15, 2012 Wisconsin

Excellent, between 32oz Sucks and this, gonna have some great nights

9. SCW

There is quite a difference. A can is generally crushable and collapsable, usually made of a thinner gauge shell and therefore is much lighter. For instance, a regular 12oz can weighs less than an ounce, whereas a standard bottle weighs about 6 ounces. If you fill up your backpack or a truckload of bottles vs. cans you can imagine how much extra weight this is. So once again, this all falls into the category of design.

Lager is a word that is never used as a pejorative by us - we have been making craft lagers for many years and we widely respect the style. Apologies if you took it the wrong way.

And we do not feel the need to slam any one of our fellow brewers, including Miller, for they have contributed a lot to the brewing industry over their 150+ years of brewing. We have massive respect for them.

AOTP, Boca-X, bozodogbreath and 3 others like this.
  10. SCW

are you saying you want one of these?

[​IMG]

dagimp, Pete27lax, Aaron58 and 12 others like this.
  11. dtm426

dtm426 Pundit (983) Aug 7, 2014 Michigan
    Trader

Sixpoint is so legit. Just grabbed a new 6 pack of resin. Can't wait for these!

SCW likes this.
  12. THANAT0PSIS

Pooh-Bah

Mail me one for proper beta testing.

SCW likes this.
  13. SCW

Please let us know what you think of the latest Resin. We've been working hard to improve the aroma.

14. SCW

hah, can't do that...we will need to do more testing before we roll out any additional flavors

THANAT0PSIS likes this.
  15. BH712

A standard bottle yes, but I'm comparing it to the aluminum bottle, which likely weighs much less and is more collapsable than its glass counterparts.

I didn't mean to slam Sixpoint or Miller, just to point out that brewing great beer and selling said beer in resealable aluminum containers don't seem that innovative IMO. That said, the design is really cool and the brews are top quality, so keep up the good work!

Providence likes this.
  16. UCLABrewN84

UCLABrewN84 Initiate (0) Mar 18, 2010 California

Interesting, I have only seen energy drinks in these cans.

Mouserat, BBThunderbolt and rather like this.
  17. amsguitarist

amsguitarist Initiate (0) Sep 20, 2014 California

Downside = sometimes these cans leak. I've seen quite a few Monsters and Rockstars that have leaked from these types of cans.

18. Buschyfor3

Buschyfor3 Savant (1,083) Jan 4, 2009 Kentucky

Oh man, oh man, this looks pretty nifty. Any chance Sweet Action finds its way into a silo can?

19. SCW

We are starting off with a very limited production run of Bengali. We'd like to see how these perform in the trade before we commit to any specific additional styles. If you see any leaking or any other issues please notify us. We will be working closely with our manufacturer to monitor the QC. thank you

tommyguz, Yohann and Buschyfor3 like this.
  20. beardown2489

beardown2489 Pooh-Bah (1,892) Oct 5, 2012 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society

Mr. Sixpoint, you are as good as it gets. There are a bunch of breweries that are active on this site. You and the guys at Pipeworks (shoutout) have always been incredibly upfront and open about how you do things and why you do them.

Bumbed I didn't get to try the hoppy lager but that's my fault, not yours. Next year? Cans?

I guarantee your participation on this site is going to only grow the brand. Cheers

Ps. Was Chicago one of those select markets?

Ilovelampandbeer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.