1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Smack Shack Tap List

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by MNBeer1017, May 9, 2014.

1. MNBeer1017

MNBeer1017 Advocate (505) Minnesota Mar 27, 2013

Anyone in mpls no where I can find one didnt see one on their website?
  2. Douggo

Douggo Aficionado (235) Minnesota Oct 24, 2009

I'm not going to be the guy who does it, but somebody is going to be along real soon to tell you to call them.
    Don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger.
  3. MNBeer1017

4. nograz

nograz Aficionado (135) Minnesota Oct 30, 2013

Personally I would recommend carrier pigeon.
    Mplsmetro57 likes this.
  5. That and/or Saga is on tap
  6. lurpy1

lurpy1 Savant (470) Minnesota Jan 15, 2010

They will have some Surly and Summit on tap, but who cares if the beer is only just good enough? Because the food is awesome.
    maximum12 likes this.
  7. MNBeer1017

I know i know just wanted to see if anyone had been by there lately and noticed anything out of the ordinary on tap since its not on their website
  8. nograz

nograz Aficionado (135) Minnesota Oct 30, 2013

Wouldn't it be nice if all our bars sites would have up to date and accurate lists. For various reasons ranging from being in meetings to watching the kids or even sick of dealing with people for the day, calling isn't always an option. On top of it all, with the information age, I just want it now!

Sorry, have never been there. Need to get there though, my wife really wants to go.
  9. mjryan

mjryan Savant (455) Minnesota Dec 22, 2007

Food is good. Lobster? Beer selection is in my opinion really lame. Go for the food, then go to Freehouse or Fulton.
  10. Fulton Sweet Child, Lonely Blonde, and Expat. Left Hand milkstout, Ommegang Hennepin, Lagunitas Pils, Victory Dirt Wolf, indeed Let it Ride, usually a Surly line , a Great Divide line and a Summit Line, and also usually Greenflash. The tap list has really improved since last year.
    gatornation likes this.
  11. mjryan

That's good to hear. I like the place but was disappointed with their beer selection the times I've been. Especially since they have all their kegs on display in the bar.
  12. mkhartnett

mkhartnett Savant (265) Minnesota Oct 27, 2010

It's a "dive" bar. Every time I've gone they have more than just bud, miller and coors. I think people are trying to hard here.
  13. cmannes

cmannes Savant (375) Minnesota Mar 15, 2009

http://taplist.at/SmackShack/

It's not necessarily 100% right, as it's pulled from untappd checkins, but sometimes it's a good source to see what's around.
  14. mjryan

They had a Trader Joes beer on tap?
  15. cmannes

cmannes Savant (375) Minnesota Mar 15, 2009

lol, I'd guess someone mis-checked in to untappd. :)