1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

SN/DFH IPA Glass in CT?

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by davey101, Mar 27, 2013.

1. davey101

davey101 Initiate (0) Connecticut Apr 14, 2009

Anyone seen either branded version for sale yet in CT? Would love to purchase locally and save the $10 or so in shipping...

2. Have you ever seen ANY DFH glassware for sale in a brick and mortar store in CT? I haven't. Same goes for any non-CT brewery. You'll need to order it online or visit DFH.

3. Knifestyles

Knifestyles Savant (455) New York Jun 7, 2005

Uh...I've bought plenty of glassware from breweries well outside of CT from off the shelf at many stores.

Is there some sort of merchandise law that I'm not aware of?

jaxon53 and davey101 like this.
  4. I just don't know where you're finding these glasses. The only glassware I see in stores is stuff that comes with beer (like a Duvel gift pack for instance) or occasional freebies from distributors (ie, my beer guy gives me a Sam perfect pint or two since he has a bunch around). I've never gone into a beer store and seen brewery glassware for sale. *shrugs*

5. Knifestyles

Knifestyles Savant (455) New York Jun 7, 2005

At stores.

Are you suggesting that it's typically not possible to find this kind of merch at stores because there's a policy/law against it or assuming such simply because you just haven't seen any? Trying my best to follow along here....

davey101 likes this.
  6. Not sure where they get them from, opened gift packs or brewery freebies, but have seen plenty of glasses for sale around CT.

Just bought 2 Goose Island Wine style goblets the other day at Manchester Wine & Liquor

davey101 likes this.
  7. davey101

Oh damn, M W&L has the wine glasses? Where in the store exactly? I know they tend to put glassware up in random areas.

Yaaaaaa, I've seen the DFH signature glass in stores before....not sure why this would be any different.

8. Not to thread jack (even though that's exactly what I'm doing) Did you score any of the Gandhi Bot glasses?

9. It was in the South Windsor, CT Manchester W&L, about 3-4 miles from the other one. on the left side when you walk in, still probably 4-6 GI Wine Glasses Left.

davey101 likes this.
  10. davey101

Yes I did!
    Awesome, thanks for the tip!

11. xanok

xanok Savant (415) Connecticut Aug 13, 2009

Yes. I bought the DFH oversized snifter at Willowbrook in Cromwell. Stone glassware is sold at a store in Middletown. Same store has the Sierra Nevada Ovila chalice.

What the hell are you talking about?

12. smutty33

smutty33 Advocate (670) Connecticut Jun 12, 2009

I picked up a couple of those glasses too.Killer!

Cheers

13. smutty33

smutty33 Advocate (670) Connecticut Jun 12, 2009

Total Wine in Norwalk has 4pk. Stone pint glass sets.Saw a set for Sierra Nevada as well.

Cheers