1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

SN Narwhal in Madison

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by Stevedore, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Stevedore

Stevedore Champion (865) Wisconsin Nov 16, 2012

Just finished the four pack I picked up over the holidays and I found it incredibly delicious- actually enjoyed it more than the FIS and FBS I've had over the last few weeks too. I haven't seen them in my usual bottle shops in Madison (Steve's University, Woodman's) and wondering if anyone's seen them in Madison, maybe even the Madison/Milwaukee or Madison/Rockford corridor as well.. so I can get some to stash in my cellar. Thanks in advance!

2. Stevedore

Just in case anyone was interested, I stopped by Steve's University after work and had the presence of mind to ask if they had any Narwhal left. Seems that I got the last 4-pack hiding in the back cooler somewhere, and the store only got one case total. You'd think that SN would distribute more to WI- it's a rotating seasonal after all, and there's a ton of Bigfoot around town.

3. jplopez21

jplopez21 Advocate (580) Illinois Nov 14, 2012

I'm with u man. Narhwal is way better than FIS and FBS. It's definitely one of the best non BA imperial stouts ive had. Just bought a case of it the other day cuz I love it so much. There's plenty of narwhal left here in the western chicago burbs. Im surprised u cant find more over there. Just saw few cases @ 2 different liquor stores in the past 2 days.

nickapalooza86 likes this.
  4. _Joe_

_Joe_ Aficionado (100) California Nov 2, 2012

I bought a 4 pack at Riley's yesterday. It was the last one that they had out, they might have more in the back though.

5. _Joe_

_Joe_ Aficionado (100) California Nov 2, 2012

I'm in Waukesha this weekend (but live in Madison) and the discount liquor here has at least a few 4 packs. BM me if you want me to pick up some 4 packs for you.

6. Ri0

Ri0 Champion (955) Wisconsin Jul 1, 2012

Steve, I'll check a couple of places out. If I see a 4 pk I'll grab it for you.

7. Stevedore

Nah don't worry about it. I got my folks in Michigan to grab 2 4-packs and stash it in the basement till I visit them next. And I have the aforementioned 4-pack to drink over the next few weeks :)

8. Stevedore

Yeah on a related note, Riley's just tweeted that there's no BA BigFoot coming to Wisconsin (maybe MKE). Not so much love for the land of beer and cheese. I guess we can be happy that we did get a bit of Narwhal and a decent amount of BigFoot in addition to the regulars.

Riley's Wines@rileyswow
    Some sad news, there will be no @SierraNevada barrel aged#BigFoot for Madison, or WI at all (maybe just Milwaukee). Maybe next time. :(