1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Snake River now in "The Big Apple"

Discussion in 'US - Mid-Atlantic' started by Bitterbill, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poobah (1,135) Wyoming Sep 14, 2002

"Snake River Brewing has made it to the one and only, "BIG APPLE"! You will now be able to find our beer in cans as well as on draft in Manhattan and in Brooklyn. Put Our River Through Your Liver!", as per their Facebook page.

Enjoy!

JxExM and match1112 like this.
  2. mattafett

mattafett Savant (465) Iowa Mar 9, 2009

That's great and all, but Iowa needs you too!

Bitterbill likes this.
  3. Bitterbill

When I read the news, I honestly felt confused about it but I guess that's the way beer distro goes sometimes.

4. BTPete

BTPete Savant (250) New York Jan 28, 2009

I haven't had Snake River since I was out in the Tetons 6 or 7 years ago. Wasn't even aware they bottled for distro. Interesting.

5. Bitterbill

No more bottles(except the hard to get stuff), they have gone can only.

6. unclejazz

unclejazz Advocate (520) New York Oct 24, 2011

I wonder if that means they were bought out or if they made this expansion on thir own?

7. SkiBum22

SkiBum22 Savant (435) New York Oct 18, 2009

I go to Jackson Hole, Wyoming every winter to ski and I always make it a point to visit the Snake River Brewery. Their Zonker Stout has always been the best Foreign/Export Stout I've had. They recently released an IPA called Pako's which is very solid. They also have a great Lager. Very good small brewery that I'm happy to now have in NYC

Bitterbill likes this.
  8. cosmicevan

cosmicevan Champion (810) New York Dec 13, 2009

This explains a lot. the past 2 times i was at gingerman, i saw snake river. drank some pako's right around NYE and then a few days ago they had zonker on tap (didn't get around to the zonker due to other beers being consumed) but i was pretty pumped none-the-less. i hope cans make it out to LI, but i'm happy to nab cans in the city when i'm there. there stuff is fantastic. even the vienna lager and OB-1 smokes.

9. dbrauneis

dbrauneis Site Editor (950) North Carolina Dec 8, 2007 Staff Member

I had a Pako's just the other day and agree that it was solid. I'm glad we are getting these in the NYC area now.

10. Fun, will have to keep an eye out for this. Never had