Snipes Mountain Tasting! Aug 23rd! sours?:)

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Mages64, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Mages64

Mages64 Savant (380) Washington Sep 7, 2009

Save the date! Thursday Aug 23rd at Beveridge place pub in West Seattle! Chad from Snipes Mountain will be in town doing a tasting with tentatively 5 beers on tap and 1 cask. There will be at least one sour on tap but there is a good possibility that Chad might bring a special sour to this event. Snipes has barrels of a beer so good, I genuinely think it could put WA on the map for sours. It has no name but it is a 100% Port Barrel Belgian Dark Strong Sour at around 10%. Still unconfirmed whether it'll be there for the tasting but keep your eyes out for it!

Kopfschuss likes this.
  2. waltersrj

waltersrj Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2010

I might have to make it over for this one. Snipes sours are the shizzle.

3. Mages64

Ok the list is finalized! Check it out:
    - Quinencera Concepcion: a blend of bourbon and bordeaux barrel pumpkin black sour. Vinnie from RR loved it!
    - Puckered Monk: sour golden Belgian strong, the only keg to leave the brewery!
    - Quinencera Prieta: 100% port barrel aged Belgian dark strong sour. I'll be stunned if this doesn't win something at GABF. It's that good!
    - snipes IPA: super citrusy and a great beer for anyone
    - Red Sky ESB with Satus and Mosaic hops: this ultra hoppy esb is dry hopped with some experimental and rare hops!
    -Snipes Porter: a nice smokey porter that is one of the original recipes
    - Vaquero double IPA cask: this ultra hoppy double IPA has been casked conditioned with ghost chilies. That's the hottest chili in the world!
    See you August 23rd at the beveridge place!!

jpbebeau likes this.
  4. distantmantra

distantmantra Advocate (685) Washington May 23, 2011 Verified

I had Concepcion at Chuck's the othe rweek, it's really nice.

I've also noticed that QFC U-Village has been carrying Snipes IPA in 12 oz bottles for a while now.

5. Mages64

Did you like the IPA? Hope so!:)

6. distantmantra

distantmantra Advocate (685) Washington May 23, 2011 Verified

I haven't bought a bottle, but have had it at the brewery/restaurant in Sunnyside. Good stuf.

7. csano

csano Initiate (0) Washington Sep 21, 2010

I'm definitely going to this one. Dan, I've got high hopes, based on how you're hyping up the sours. They better come through! ;)

8. Snipes Mountain sucks ass. Wtf. Hahahha. Brewery is awful, lose the date
    A-

dwitt24 likes this.
  9. ramnuts

ramnuts Aficionado (245) Oregon Feb 16, 2009

anyone who is not following A- is missing out....the greatest tickle on BA, bar none.:cool:

10. Cool Rogue banner bro

podunkparte likes this.
  11. Lordkrystic

Lordkrystic Savant (275) Washington Jul 18, 2012

Snipes has greatly improved their beer. The Little Chief and Concepcion in particular caught my taste buds this summer.

barleywinefiend likes this.
  12. Mages64

I can't speak for the quality of the golden sour or vaquero w/ ghost chilies but I've had the of the other beers and all are solid but the port sour is out of this world (now it'll never live up to my hype lol).

Lordkrystic likes this.
  13. jpbebeau

jpbebeau Savant (455) Washington Sep 11, 2011 Verified Subscriber

I watched this YouTube video re: Snipes a while back...

Should add I'm going to try to be there...

14. Mages64

See you all in an hour:)
    I'll have a short's brewing shirt on!

15. jpbebeau

jpbebeau Savant (455) Washington Sep 11, 2011 Verified Subscriber

Had a great time here last night. Beers were outstanding as promised. Posted a little something on my blog.

[​IMG]

sanford_and_son likes this.
  16. csano

csano Initiate (0) Washington Sep 21, 2010

Nice review. I thought the QuinceaƱera: ConcepciĆ³n was the highlight. Didn't care too much for the golden ones. The Port barrel sour was a little bit too wine forward for me, but I imagine it'd reach a good balance with some age.

17. Planning on stopping by the Pine Box today for their Snipes Brewing party.