1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

So Close...

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by bpolglaze, Mar 14, 2013.

1. yet so far away. I've been lucky in the year and a half of trading that this was the first break, but man I really wanted this one.

My partial review would be a 5 on the smell.

[​IMG]

Damn
  2. so broke in shipping or unwrapping? if in shipping, your shipper owes ya.
    cosmicevan, gpawned, FTowne and 3 others like this.
  3. Kopfschuss

Kopfschuss Advocate (520) Oregon Aug 19, 2009

Well at least you were able to take a whiff...more than half of this forum will ever know.
  4. pk18

pk18 Savant (290) Wisconsin Jun 12, 2012

cavedave likes this.
  5. kmello69

kmello69 Advocate (505) Texas Nov 27, 2011

My first break ever in-box was a Rare, so I feel your pain. I was tempted to lick the glass shards.....
    kojevergas likes this.
  6. Consider yourself lucky. I drain poured that beer.
    aasher and RC0032 like this.
  7. I drank one last week and I was shocked at how not great it was
    aasher and Duff27 like this.
  8. This past summer I had a similar, unfortunate experience, only it was an AB Huna that met it's match (heat/temperature). Luckily, I had an awesome trader who replaced the growler!
  9. CCB got a faulty batch of growlers with weak bottoms when they filled those. People said they were exploding all over the place
  10. Yeah, the replacement growler that was sent was non-CCB and there were no issues with it.
  11. Anonymous1

Anonymous1 Savant (420) Illinois Mar 19, 2012

I also had one of the AB Hunahpu growlers explode on it's way to me, still haven't gotten a chance to try it.
  12. atoulouk

atoulouk Savant (400) Indiana Apr 25, 2011

If it broke during shipping, your trading partner owes you that beer (or something of similar value if he doesn't have another one) or should send back whatever you traded for the CBS. If you broke it while unwrapping it, I'm sorry for your loss.
  13. Ataraxia

Ataraxia Savant (250) Massachusetts Sep 20, 2012

Had a BA Solar Eclipse break en route to me; I spent a few minutes inhaling the soggy box...
    Still haven't had a chance to try it :(
  14. It broke in shipping, it was leaking pretty well so I finished opening it over the sink. I feel bad about the whole thing, the shipper is a good guy and is trying to replace. Just a bummer to what was a good trade so far.
    gpawned likes this.
  15. This is why god made shipper boxes.
    woodchopper, aasher and JustXBeer like this.
  16. juliusseizure

juliusseizure Savant (420) New York Feb 11, 2009

It was probably refilled with shitty beer and sent to you anyway.
  17. 7clutch

7clutch Aficionado (245) Florida Sep 14, 2012

Too soon haha
  18. Call Founders and ask them about the broken CBS bottles with no beer inside
    WagonCircler and Johnnyramirez like this.