1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

So, Fedex just called me...

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by JJFoodie, Jan 18, 2013.

1. M1A2

M1A2 Savant (425) Ohio Jan 15, 2012

The sad thing is you are prob right, I am sure MordorMongo has already said this but........... WHAT A DICK MOVE!
    cfh64 likes this.
  2. kdmcguire10

kdmcguire10 Savant (365) Michigan Jul 15, 2011

I know they don't encourage shipping but they don't really care. I know this because they broke a bottle incoming to me and opened the package, repacked the remaining bottles into a new box and delivered to me. Said they were sorry they broke it.
  3. Any updates? In the exact same boat at the moment. Don't want to go the "lost package, file a claim" route as my box may not be able to be replaced.
  4. This is probably the best idea. Draw it right under the label every time. I think'll I'll start doing that.
    gklover1 likes this.
  5. JJFoodie

JJFoodie Aficionado (210) Texas May 11, 2009

Hope to have a resolution soon...will update ASAP...
  6. Hope it works out. Actually had a box once get damaged during shipment and they wouldn't deliver it. They said they would return it to me but never did. Very odd
  7. stealth

stealth Advocate (545) Minnesota Dec 16, 2011

I ordered some beers online. Fedex said the box was damaged enroute and would send it back to the shipper. Shipper heard nothing, and in the end Fedex stated they just 'destroyed the package'. ie: someone realized beer was in it and drank it all.
    luwak likes this.
  8. JJFoodie

JJFoodie Aficionado (210) Texas May 11, 2009

Update:

They left me a voicemail today saying that I'll need to file a claim, as two weeks have passed and they cannot find the box...fucking shame, too! It had some great MI beers (Bolt Cutter, Hopslam, BBPt5, Black Note) and two different 50/50 Eclipse...all in, about $135 worth of good stuff gone. Even worse, I feel bad for the BA buddy of mine who sent it! He's out the $135, and I'd like for him to be compensated. So...has anyone ever filed a claim before? How do you go about providing them with the documentation they say they need to compensate you?

Cheers!
    JJFoodie
  9. Bummer, man. Thought I was in the same boat, but I ended up with a miracle. Hope you end up with the same.
  10. FedEx gave me the same BS about "label, no box" status. I pressed them to fax me the incident report and found a little note in there from some sorting center manager: "Heard liquid, opened to inspect. Contents: Beer. Appears to be special/imported. All contents discarded."

"Discarded" my ass. No more FedEx, never, ever again. USPS all the way. They just delivered a soaking-wet-with-beer box to my apartment today! Now, the sender is at fault for failure to use bubble wrap, but that's a different story...
  11. Anonymous1

Anonymous1 Savant (420) Illinois Mar 19, 2012

Chances are if you do enough trades, you will encounter issues with no matter who you ship with. Personally, I prefer FedEx because there's a dropoff about 5 min from my house, and when I print the prepaid label at home, I never get any questions.

When I first started trading I only shipped UPS, and would always get a thousands questions by the guys that worked the two convenient dropoff locations close to my house. Then mysteriously enough, about a month in, I had 12 bottles that were allegedly completely destroyed for a total loss. Luckily it was just shelf 3 Floyds stuff, so I was only out $25, and didn't bother filing a claim.
  12. Franch

Franch Advocate (540) New York Mar 22, 2011

no.
    cavedave likes this.
  13. Why not?
  14. Seriously, I've had problems with ups and FedEx, but never ever USPS.
  15. People aren't going to like your answer.
  16. Believe me, I'm aware. There are plenty of myths about USPS somehow being a federal police force, and that their handling of packages is somehow any more terrible than either of the other two.

17. kmello69

kmello69 Advocate (505) Texas Nov 27, 2011

The way I pack my boxes, they could easily survive all of those! :)