1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

so it happened to me.. no options?

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by jaminjohnson, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Theeabyss

Theeabyss Aficionado (190) Illinois Apr 19, 2012

Well today was my last day working for that shit company. Thankfully I was halfway out the door looking for a new job. I may just visit this jackhole now.

lvoutlawjlh and jegross2 like this.
  2. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2009

You actually got shitcanned over this?? Dude.

Theeabyss and jegross2 like this.
  3. Tilley4

Tilley4 Advocate (520) Tennessee Nov 13, 2007

You lost your job over this incident?? I may be using a different vendor if that's the case...

Theeabyss likes this.
  4. deadbody

deadbody Savant (340) Minnesota May 10, 2010

Serious dick move by the company.

Theeabyss and MordorMongo like this.
  5. Just when you thought this thread couldn't get any worse. :eek: Best wishes and good luck to both parties of this F'd up trade.

6. damn this sucks, what was the reason? its not like you know what people send you?

7. Its a civil matter, get a lawyer involved is your best bet. that being said, generally with civl matters involving property belonging to you thats in the custody of another, generally if you can prove its yours then i would release it to the owner and make it on the business to file civil charges. Sounds like the police are just being way to timid and dont want to work.

8. jegross2

jegross2 Advocate (715) Illinois Jan 3, 2010

At will employment is a bitch :(

Sorry I couldnt be of more help to you Jeff

Theeabyss likes this.
  9. Fed ex busted me once, they told me to come get the box and that it just needed to be sent with signature confirmation by someone 21 years of age.

10. Theeabyss

Theeabyss Aficionado (190) Illinois Apr 19, 2012

not upholding company name and integrity. Biggest line of BS ever.....i told myself I would avoid going to work in corp america again. Guess I learned my lesson.

11. that is the weakest shit ever. sorry man..

12. Closure
    My end - FedEx said after investigating they couldnt do anything for me and it was just between me and the "mail box store" so I lost a combined 100$ of beer and non refunded shipping. shitty but will deffinately get over it

Other end - A BA lost not beer.. but their job

wow.....just.. wow

I guess it can only get better from here on out

extremely sorry Jeff, I hope everything works out for the best!

13. I'm confused as perhaps this was already debated earlier but because FedEx said it is between you and the store, how can the store claim you violated FedEx policies?

14. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) California Jan 27, 2012

...as opposed to working where?

GrumpyOldTroll and Franch like this.