Societe Tasting Room

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by Beerandraiderfan, Feb 7, 2013.

1. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) California Jan 27, 2012

I like the Apprentice over all the others. I must be weird.

2. dcgunman

dcgunman Savant (360) California Jul 1, 2009

Hope to try this on Monday. Looking forward to the single hop Citra when released as Bachelor.

3. Small bar had The Bachelor and The Butcher on last night. The Bachelor was light and easy drinking with nice hop flavor but not as good as The Apprentice in my opinion. I was really impressed with the Butcher. Nice balance of robust roast and sweet malt. Goes down way too smooth for 9.8%.

4. grandmeaulnes

grandmeaulnes Savant (275) Ohio Oct 18, 2010

Pupil is def my favorite Societe offering - by a mile.

5. drewone

drewone Champion (750) California Sep 18, 2006

For me the verdict is still out - I am trying to be open minded (I love hops and so many people seem to like them) but so far Societe has underwhelmed me. To be fair my first experience was visiting the tasting room after being at Alpine - which means I had both a lupin shift and a good amount to drink. On my last trip to SD I couldn't make it to the tasting room but ordered the Apprentice along with a Churchills X, sorry to say there was no competition between the two for me. Next time I will stop into the tasting room as my first stop to really give it a try - def. want to revisit the Pupil.

ps. I really like the set up of the tasting room, also I thought the Butcher I had at Renaissance was pretty tasty.

6. DrtyBvrJuce

DrtyBvrJuce Initiate (0) California Jan 17, 2013

Good to hang out with you. Too bad no one else showed. Societe is making great beer!

7. MikeTen

MikeTen Initiate (0) California Apr 3, 2009

Just curious, has anyone seen the two of you in a room together?

8. OTB

OTB Savant (380) California Sep 2, 2011

Make sure you try The Pupil, crazy delicious.

Cheers.........

9. dcgunman

dcgunman Savant (360) California Jul 1, 2009

I'll be there Monday. Cant wait.

10. DrtyBvrJuce

DrtyBvrJuce Initiate (0) California Jan 17, 2013

I'd like to be there if y'all met. Mac has a lot of good things to say to you.

11. MikeTen

MikeTen Initiate (0) California Apr 3, 2009

Yeah... I'm sure you and Mac know each other very well... You two probably converse as if you are of one mind!