1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Soda and beer lines + taps

Discussion in 'Home Bar' started by GeeL, Nov 4, 2012.

1. GeeL

GeeL Aficionado (175) Massachusetts Aug 27, 2008

I want to make a legged soda for the kids during T-day wknd. Will this ruin or gum up in any way my lines and tap or is a simple clean up with hot cleanser?
  2. your only going to get "gummed" up with extended period of use. A couple of days can be cured by running your lines clean and using cleaning the line like you normally would after changing kegs. Besides, you will make the kids happy. If your really worrried about it, run an IPA behind it, or something else that you wont sweat over a lil bit of extra sweetness.
  3. VikeMan

VikeMan Advocate (740) Pennsylvania Jul 12, 2009

What kind of soda? Root Beer in particular can permanently impregnate plastic/rubber parts with its flavor/aroma.
  4. Another thing to keep in mind is that it requires A LOT more line to "balance" your system with soda due to the higher carbonation, so you can't just swap out a keg and call it good. For example in my system I only need about 40" of line for a proper pour, but have 20' of line on my root beer tap.