1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Sofie (750ml) for $8.95 a bottle

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by backbaybrewer, May 22, 2013.

1. backbaybrewer

backbaybrewer Member

Just went to my local shop yesterday. They normally sell the 22oz bottles of Sofie for $8.95. But, this week they got in a shipment of the 750ml bottles. Only, they mistakenly put them out as if they were the same size as the 22s. I pointed it out to the shop owner before I bought any, but he still sold me as many as I wanted at the lower price.

Just here to brag because my wife didn't seem to think it was as wonderful as I do.

Cheers.
    MagicJeff and MightySteede like this.
  2. FunkyMacGroovin

FunkyMacGroovin Member

I don't think it's a mistake; they're the same price here, and I believe the cost from distributors is the same as well. Also, they're actually 765mL bottles. I have no idea why.
    cnbrown313 likes this.
  3. backbaybrewer

backbaybrewer Member

Really, so I'm just getting whacked when I buy the 22oz bottles for 8.95? Now I'm sad. :(
  4. cnbrown313

cnbrown313 Member

I don't think they make Sofie in the 22oz bombers now and the 765 ml bottles replaced those, at the same price as the 22oz bottles used to be.
  5. jmarce

jmarce Member

the 22oz are older stock, they just recently switched from those to the 765ml to replace the 22oz size. If you're concerned about price you should seek out the 4 packs, those are $11-12 around here and you get 4 x 12oz.
  6. Hanzo

Hanzo Member

So wait you get more beer for the same price? Stupid ABInBev ruining everything.
    JackHorzempa, Psykhe, Rekrule and 6 others like this.
  7. backbaybrewer

backbaybrewer Member

Nice, I didn't realize they did that. I just assumed they currently sold both sizes. This is great!
  8. Brophmonster

Brophmonster Member

They're 765mL because they looked short filled when they put 750mL in the bottles and to avoid any controversy around that they just filled them to 765. Lesson here is to look more closely when buying new bottles I guess.
  9. LMT

LMT Member

Great beer (it's one of those brews that seems to taste better every time I try it). Good price. You did well!

Maybe your wife will understand when you show her the extra beer karma point you earned for posting this.
    backbaybrewer likes this.
  10. backbaybrewer

backbaybrewer Member

What an emmotional roller coaster the last 1 hour was for me. :)
    LMT likes this.