1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

Soleil du Minuit being brewed again

Discussion in 'Scandinavia' started by Pundarquartis, Aug 26, 2012.

1. A new batch of Soleil du Minuit is going to be brewed again for Akkurat in Stockholm. Cloudberries are arriving next week to Cantillon.

Information coming from directly from Jean Van Roy via my friend who visited the brewery a couple of days ago.

futura123, Shmeal, MrKennedy and 3 others like this.
  2. Keffa

Keffa Advocate (540) Ohio Jan 8, 2009

Way to kill the trade value of it. /sarcasm

3. Wow, awesome! A bucket list brew could be more "available." Gotta love this. I know I'll be pulling out the big guns to try for this!

4. SpeedwayJim

SpeedwayJim Advocate (700) New York Jun 19, 2009

Cantillon's brewed for Akkrut are seldom available to-go if at all. And when they are for sale for take away, they tend to be just as hard to get as every other one-off made by the brewery unfortunately :(.

5. Agold

Agold Advocate (510) Pennsylvania Mar 13, 2010

I'm sure you'll find a way.

6. Etan

Etan Champion (755) Wisconsin Jul 11, 2011

Ah, it's good I've got a bottle of Old Fitz to trade for this once it comes out.

StoutFest, MasterSki and SpeedwayJim like this.
  7. SpeedwayJim

SpeedwayJim Advocate (700) New York Jun 19, 2009

Maybe if I finally decide to take a trip to Europe! :D

8. MasterSki

MasterSki Site Editor (1,035) Ontario (Canada) Dec 25, 2006 Staff Member

I'm surprised this took so long to happen actually - I'd been joking about driving the cloudberries from Sweden to Brussels myself if that's what it took.

But in all seriousness, Jean is very picky about the fruit crop and freshness. That's why the Tyrniberry one for One Pint Pub gets made every few years but the other two have only been made once - it's too much of a pain in the ass to get those fruits to Cantillon in a timely and cost-effective fashion. Sea buckthorn spoils slower or something...