1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Somebody please take this Partridge off of my hands (whales not necessary)

Discussion in 'ISO:FT (Beer Only)' started by alcstradamus, May 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alcstradamus

alcstradamus Savant (405) Iowa Aug 10, 2008

I have a bottle of Partridge in a Pear Tree and it is my last link to the trading game which I am ready to step out of for good.

I want to unload it, help take it off my hands please. These are the following things that I would be looking for in order of importance, from whale to non whale (but higher dollar values):

1) Southampton Berliner Weisse (will throw in on my end something valuable)
    2) Bar Fly + Lou Pepe Framboise or Fou Foune (fresh as possible)
    3) A 3 bottle combination mix'n'match of Lou Pepe Framboise and Fou Foune (fresh as possible)
    4) Armand'4 Lente + Armand'4 Herfst
    5) A $100 retail mix'n'match of Girardin Black Label and Tilquin Geuze 375 ml
    6) An in person trade in the Quad Cities area for $75 worth of Girardin/Tilquin/3 Fonteinen 375 ml bottles

Whoever offers the highest on my list gets the trade. 2 people offering equal things and I will go to whoever is closest for shipping.

2. GraniteSkunk

GraniteSkunk Savant (375) Illinois Apr 17, 2007

Damn!

Had I known this, I would have grabbed a bunch of the Black Label that we talked about yesterday!

Someone hook Adam up - he is one of the best BA's that I've ever come across.

3. alcstradamus

I have no time contraints. Consider yourself 1st in line for #6 if nothing else is offered

4. alcstradamus

FYI to everybody, I have already had multiple offers for package deal#3, so anything below that is off the table. Still waiting on #1 or #2, or if even more offer #3 I would choose based on shipping proximity to the Midwest

5. Damn Adam if I were looking to complete this series, I would drive a Fou, Lou Pepe Frambiose and a mix and match of Tilquin and deliver it to your doorstep. But I'm so I won't. Someone hook Adam up. By the way, you trying to get tickets for the Great Taste?

6. alcstradamus

If I can easily get some then yes, but I'm not going to hunt this year. For a few reasons. If you know anyone trying to unload a couple though, hit me up

7. If we hit on more than one, you will be the first guy I hit up.

8. I could help you with #4 . . . just not sure I want to. . . I do, I am an addict, but damn . . . I'll BM you

9. RedMedicine

RedMedicine Savant (340) Oregon Jun 3, 2005

Whales not necessary, just a bunch of really good hard to come by beers grouped in a really specific way and geographically close to me.

10. london1o1

london1o1 Savant (325) New York Feb 14, 2003

You thought he was going to be looking for a sixer of Pabst tallboys??

11. RedMedicine

That's how you interpreted my post? Weird.

12. alcstradamus

Wow, what a douchebag post

13. auroracrisis

auroracrisis Savant (360) Kentucky Oct 16, 2007

You could have bought 80% of what he's looking for online at various points in the last 2-3 weeks. You can still buy and ship to him #4, #5, and #6 right now. Complain more.

14. RedMedicine

Holy crap you guys take yourselves seriously!

15. SpeedwayJim

SpeedwayJim Advocate (700) New York Jun 19, 2009

Let me make a statement, see how people take it... and if people take offense and call me a douche, let me try to pass it off like its a joke.

On a more related note, Adam is one of the most generous and fair traders on here and his offer is more than reasonable as most people I'm sure already realize.

16. RedMedicine

Look at the bright side, Adam is getting crazy free bumps! I honestly didn't mean to offend anyone, it was a joke (albeit not well received and maybe poorly delivered due to nature of the Internet (I guess an emoticon wink may have avoided everyone getting offended)), and I am sure that no one reconsidered making an offer as a result of my post so I wouldn't even call it threadshitting.

Anyway, carry on!

17. alcstradamus

I'm going to close this one down. I have plenty of offers that are exactly what I am looking for, just have to decide which one to take. Unless someone jumps in at the last second with a Southampton Berliner Weisse (which like I said I would generously add to my side for), I'm all good here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.