1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Sour BIF 6 Hints and Hauls

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by olympuszymurgus, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Duffman929

Duffman929 Savant (380) Illinois Nov 27, 2010

Sheesh...last time I make a FT post trying to find a beer for my internet girlfriend. That temp ban wasn't fun!

2. The loot:
    Bruery Wanderer
    NG R&D Gueuze
    NG R&D Bourbon Barrel Kriek
    Cantillon St Lamvinus (my biggest 'loon want that isn't a one-off!)

[​IMG]

Not pictured: an awesome Bell's tulip that has already been used and put in the dishwasher.

Thanks a ton Jeff, this is a seriously awesome box!

3. AleWatcher

AleWatcher Advocate (720) Illinois Jan 25, 2009

Did the FFF teku glass not survive the trip?

4. I didn't see one, intact or otherwise (though to be fair, I once failed to realize that a 3F Golden Blend was in a box for several months). The box was delivered to my gf's place; I asked her to look when she gets home from work.

6. luwak

luwak Savant (305) Arizona Mar 2, 2010

This thread makes me cry.
    That is all. You guys rock....carry on....

7. Penguin3200

Penguin3200 Savant (320) Minnesota Dec 28, 2008

Beer Thursday's box landed on Thursday. No activity since Tuesday. Anyone know if he got a temp ban? Just want to confirm the sour box made it safe and sound and was received.

8. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2009

The thought of this makes me sad, loves those glasses :(

9. HomeBrewed

HomeBrewed Savant (400) Minnesota Dec 10, 2006

Lamvinus is so damn delicious!!!! Perma-want for me. I love checking this thread for new hauls, even though I have nothing to do with it. Beer boner every time!

10. I will see BeerThursday later today. I will water board him until I get answers!

11. jsilva

jsilva Savant (365) Massachusetts Nov 10, 2009

Thats puttin in work 4 sick bottles and two glasses. Any luck finding that 3floyds teku??

Props alewatcher that was def a well thought out box.

12. BeerThursday received his box and a post will be forthcoming. Water boarding works people! ;)

13. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2009

What was the fate of the teku? I hate seeing good glass go to waste :(

14. readbaron

readbaron Savant (345) Illinois May 12, 2010

How hauls from this BIFmake me feel:

[​IMG]

How many are left?

15. Duffman929

I agree. Makes me feel like watching this over and over..

Still waiting on mine, but sender informed me it will be shipped shortly.

16. My box is away! It will be coming ashore Friday, and hopefully it won't be beersicle-inducingly cold where it's heading.

The teku glass made it through intact! Will post a pic when I get a chance.

17. My box is scheduled to be delivered on Wednesday to a town expecting snow showers and a high of 39. Hopefully it doesn't sit on a porch too long.

18. huadog

huadog Savant (350) California May 13, 2009

I think my box is arriving today and I'm at PtY!! :D if it arrives I'll open Tuesday as soon as I get home.

19. jwjon1

jwjon1 Savant (405) Delaware Jan 14, 2007

To my sender: if you have not already shipped (in which case we are okay), please delay shipment until after Feb. 13.

SF beer week, here I come!

20. it just landed.

21. My box is on its way! Should land on Thursday. Contents: sour goods.

22. My box came in last week, I've just been a dick and haven't posted in a while. Everything was perfect!

Here is the pic from my phone.

[​IMG]

Bottles are:

Beat Batch 5! Which is my absolute favorite beer
    Cascade Apricot which is a big want of mine.
    Hanger 24 Barrel Roll 5 which looks to be right up my alley!

Thanks a ton to penguin for making this happen, and I promise to communicate better in the future.

Ps. Your beer is packed up and will head out tomorrow. You know who you are.

23. Sender

Sender Initiate (0) Minnesota Sep 19, 2010

Replace that bottle of Beat. 5 with a Fou' foune, and then you have all the Apricot goodness that a person needs

24. Box has landed on a porch a day early in PA.

25. My lady texted me an hour ago saying I got a box!! I'm on a brewery tour today for work, will be home around 10 tonight and will post the haul then.

26. Damn, a brewery tour all day and a box of sour goodness waiting for you when you get home. I'm jealous.

27. jwjon1

Sounds like a Fou Foune w/ Beat blend is in order!

28. huadog

huadog Savant (350) California May 13, 2009

I FINALLY got home today to tear into mikereaser's box. After cutting the tape the box revealed its 6 bottle styro shipper so I knew I was in trouble! On to the haul:
    • Captain Lawrence Rosso E Marrone (Batch 2)
    • Crooked Stave Blackberry Petite Sour
    • Crooked Stave Persica (HUGE WANT!)
    [​IMG]
    Homebrews:
    • Grandview Sour Cherry Tripel w/ Brett
    • Grandview Kumquat Berliner Weisse
    • Grandview Kiwi Lambic
    [​IMG]
    Damn Mike, you killed it - I'm so excited to try all of these new-to-me beers especially your sours. Thank you so much for your generosity. Full haul:
    [​IMG]

29. iadler

iadler Savant (415) Illinois Aug 12, 2009

Kicking myself over and over....and over for not joining this BIF after seeing endless hauls like this.

30. Ok boys, I'm headed out of town for the weekend, leaving tomorrow. My box also ships tomorrow to an east coaster, I threw in some home brewed sour goodness and three cool American sours. I've only had 1 of the commercial beers I'm shipping, but I'm sure they are all delicious.

To my shipper- the box will probably show up after I leave, so the good people will have to Wait until Sunday to see the devastation I'm sure your laying on my doorstep :) I have two competent folks staying at my house though, so the box will be taken care of.

If there are any issues in my absence, relax, I'll be back in cell range soon.

31. Wow, amazing box mikereaser!!

ISO: Grandview Sours

32. Yeah, those labels are tits. I feel a little sleepy with my hand written Avery mailing labels now.

33. Daaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyum.

34. HomeBrewed

HomeBrewed Savant (400) Minnesota Dec 10, 2006

Schwing!!!!!!!!!

35. Glad you liked the box and thanks for all the comments on the labels. Hopefully you'll like the brews just as much. That Persica by the way is fantastic. It was a tough one to let go of for sure. Enjoy and let me know what you think of the homebrews.

36. Came home late last night to a box from sdhomebrewer

Heres the Haul:
    Alpine Ned
    Captain Lawrence Cuvée de castleton b5
    Russian River Framboise for a Cure

And a glassware want of mine, Bruery tulip

Thanks much man.

My photobucket isn't working and I don't know how to use Flickr but here's a link to the pic.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/92945423@N07/8450825146/in/photostream/

37. Whoops, forgot to post my notes:

CDC (perma want, love this beer!)
    Ffac (surprisingly never had this, thanks!)
    Alpine Ned (completely off my radar)

Thanks for the delicious brews!

38. jwjon1

There's a box waiting for me safely inside the homefront courtesy of bauermj (Matt). Won't be able to post details for a week and a half, but given that Matt traded Loons to acquire some wants, and then posted some freaky ass picture of a passed out clown in reference, I'm psyched (and scared all at once!) to find out what's in store! Sorry for the delay in posting!

Updated: and I gotta mention that I was hoping Matt was my sender after reading about the wine barrel trifecta. Sounds like he went out of his way to hit my sweet spot, which I have to admit is hard to do.

39. My box landed today in Minnesota. My target posted that he will be out of town so i sure hope that one of his roommates brought it in from the cold!

40. Duffman929

Very rarely am I jelly. This haul is clearly bootylicious.