Dismiss Notice
Subscribe to BeerAdvocate magazine and get 12 issues / year of fresh beer content delivered to your door each month.

Already subscribe? to manage your subscription.

Sour Fest May 17th, Brouwers Cafe

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by checktherhyme, May 7, 2012.

1. Who is going!? 50 sours on tap I guess, and the bartender told me that they would have some Cantillons!

2. waltersrj

waltersrj Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2010

I'll be there around 4 pm.

3. csano

csano Initiate (0) Washington Sep 21, 2010

I'm going to be there all day!

4. csano

They had a couple at the Big Wood fest back in December. Lou Pepe Framboise was one of them, I believe. Hopefully they'll have Fou' Foune this time!

5. waltersrj

waltersrj Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2010

They had Fou Foune last year but that keg blew pretty quick :(

6. I'll be there. Sourfest? Fuck yes.

optophobia likes this.
  7. wsucoug96

wsucoug96 Savant (290) Washington May 18, 2010 Verified

My wife and I plan to get there when it opens. She's turned into quite the sour-head over the past six months or so. Can't wait! Anyone up for any IP trades? I know we all probably have a lot of the same stuff, but I've got some HOTD if anyone is interested. (I have no idea what I'd want, and I know this isn't the trading forum, just thought I'd throw it out there for the hell of it.)

8. bfg75

bfg75 Savant (280) Washington Feb 26, 2011 Verified

Damn, I was there at 11am and I don't remember seeing that. Ah well.

I'll be there around 3:30. Wish I could be there earlier. Really hope they release the tap list early so I can figure out if there is something I should stop by on lunch for just to make sure I can try it.

9. I am actually in the same boat. My wife loves them too, and we are driving from Spokane to get there at opening time! See ya there!

10. NWer

NWer Advocate (720) Washington Mar 10, 2009 Verified

Sours you say?
    Looks like I'll have something else to do besides Norwegian Constitution Day.

checktherhyme likes this.
  11. guajolote

guajolote Savant (445) Oregon Sep 12, 2008

50 sours on tap? Damn. Don't forget to pack a bunch of your antacid of choice.

12. Haha, yep! I come over to ballard that day to march with my brother in the parade every year. I'll see you at both places I guess!

NWer likes this.
  13. bfg75

I did a shot of Pepto at the start of last year's, worked like a charm. 13 sours and no crippling stomach pain ;)

14. Smurf2055

Smurf2055 Savant (495) Washington Nov 12, 2011

I'll be there at 11.

15. bifrost17

bifrost17 Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2011

I'll be at sourfest, I'm also going to back in black on Friday, I've got the day off so I'll be getting there early, stouts for breakfast!!! Who else is going to that?

16. Speaking of sour - Is anyone going to the Sour Symposium at the Stumbling Monk ? http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/245730

The afternoon session is sold out, and it looks like there are only 14 spaces for the 1st session left

17. I'll be there. Blend your own sour? Fuck yes.

optophobia likes this.
  18. csano

I went last year. It was a lot of fun. Ended up bringing home a growler blend of La Folie and Love which was amazing.

19. drgonzo3705

drgonzo3705 Savant (250) Ohio May 30, 2008

I will be there around noon give or take. I have some room in my luggage to bring some beer from out east if anyone wants an IP trade while we're there. Hoppin Frog is my most local and easy to get brewery but I have access to plenty of east coast/great lakes beer. Cellar link is in my profile too if you have some rarer stuff to trade.

20. podunkparte

podunkparte Initiate (0) Washington Nov 14, 2009

Got the day covered from work so I'll be there for sure at 11AM once again. Gonna see a lot of familiar faces (if I can remember them from Back in Black).

What do you guys do for parking at Brouwers if you're planning on staying a while? I moved my car once for BiB but ended up forgetting to move it again and it cost me $44. Is there a paid parking lot right there across the street or am I imagining things?

Smurf2055 likes this.
  21. honkduh

honkduh Savant (325) Oregon Jun 2, 2011

I park across the street up in the neighborhoods where there's no 2 hr parking.

22. bifrost17

bifrost17 Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2011

Yeah there's a paid lot right across the street, or like honkduh mentioned the neighborhoods up the street are good. I'm glad I'm lucky enough to live walking distance. :)

23. Smurf2055

Smurf2055 Savant (495) Washington Nov 12, 2011

There's a big parking lot just North of it, is that the two hour parking? Is that not for Brouwers? I've never had a problem parking there.

I'm turning in a project at 8:30am and will be done with my second round of midterms, so I'll be in the line for it to open. Maybe they'll put the Hellshire II keg back on ;)

24. bfg75

I'll be there round 11 or 12 for lunch, then back again round 3.

25. NWer

I'm in! About time I got serious about SBW.

26. dirtylou

dirtylou Champion (870) Washington May 12, 2005

I'll be there solo at 11 for lunch and a few, and then likely back +1 around 5-530

27. adkieffer

adkieffer Savant (410) Washington Nov 23, 2010

Be there between 11 and noon. I'll be by myself so if you see me ask me to join you, if you want of course. Wearing a Fighting Irish hat. So stoked for this event!

NWer likes this.
  28. wsucoug96

The Fighting Irish hat makes the "ask me to join you" part a tough sell. :)

29. NWer

Go Irish! Will definitely say hello.

30. I'll be there around opening. Are the solo folk gathering together somewhere like at Back in Black?

31. bfg75

Yeah, would be good to meet up with a few folks again.

32. wsucoug96

I'll be there with my Expos visor on (and with my wife in tow -- or maybe I'll be the one in tow, since she's the sourhead of the family). Was great to see/meet people at Back in Black; looking forward to more fun tomorrow!

Not that it matters, but has anyone seen a tap list yet?

33. Look forward to putting some actual faces to some names tomorrow.

I'll be the overweight white guy with a beard and flip flops. :)

34. podunkparte

This doesn't help identify you ;)

35. podunkparte

Yeah depending on where I'm at in line, I'll try to snag the corner table by the stage again and anyone is welcome to join.

36. wsucoug96

The flip-flops might. The rest, not so much.

37. NWer

It matters. I'm sure it will be awesome - but I was wondering the same thing so I could give it some thought before I get there.

38. tomholland

tomholland Aficionado (235) Washington Sep 29, 2009 Verified

NWer likes this.
  39. NWer

40. dirtylou

dirtylou Champion (870) Washington May 12, 2005

session 1 over for me.

Russian River Deviation
    Cantillon Fou Foune
    Bruery Bottleworks 12
    Cantillon Iris