1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Sour Fest May 17th, Brouwers Cafe

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by checktherhyme, May 7, 2012.

1. Nice to see everyone. My pallet is officially wrecked.

So many amazing sourzzzzzz
    NWer likes this.
  2. We had a blast. My favorite was the Bottleworks 12, by far. My wife preferred Deviation. Hope everyone had a great time!
  3. Smurf2055

Smurf2055 Savant (485) Washington Nov 12, 2011

Bottleworks 12 was pretty flipping awesome :)
  4. Mages64

Mages64 Savant (370) Washington Sep 7, 2009

Agreed. Best beer I had all night/day!!
  5. Deviation and Bottleworks XII were both awesome.

I also really enjoyed the Allagash Peeterman. That beer would be great to have on hand during the summer.
  6. podunkparte

podunkparte Initiate (0) Washington Nov 14, 2009

I think Fou Foune took it for me. BWXII not far behind. Deviation was great but I put it on a pedestal in my mind and it couldn't live up to my mind-blowing expectations. Oh well. Still happy to have tried it at all
    libbey likes this.
  7. dirtylou

dirtylou Champion (760) Washington May 12, 2005

Bottleworks 12 was actually towards the bottom for me, which on this particular day is nothing to be ashamed of. As far as raspberries goes, the Lost Abbey Framboise took the prize for me. Deviation was killer.

Overall - just a fantastic event. I was pretty blown away by the list they were able to assemble.
  8. waltersrj

waltersrj Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2010

Fou Foune FTW!!! Amazing stuff.
  9. bfg75

bfg75 Aficionado (230) Washington Feb 26, 2011

The Fou Foune and Framboise de la Rosas were my two favorites...I really liked the Bottleworks 12 as well. Oh and I of course loved all the other Cantillons they had on.
  10. jag21

jag21 Savant (265) Washington Apr 21, 2010

Bottleworks XII and Fou Foune for me. The Classic Gueuze was great too.
  11. adkieffer

adkieffer Savant (320) Washington Nov 23, 2010

For me, the 2 I enjoyed most other than those I knew I would (Cantillon) were Firestone Walker's Agrestic and SloAmbic. I think amazing things will come from their sour program.
  12. csano

csano Initiate (0) Washington Sep 21, 2010

The Agrestic was delicious. And I agree re: their sour program. Hopefully they start bottling a few soon.
  13. Smurf2055

Smurf2055 Savant (485) Washington Nov 12, 2011

I love Lost Abby, consistent and quality.
  14. podunkparte

Haha, not sure if serious.

Quality yes. Consistent no. Repeated carbonation issues are a problem to me, especially if they don't own up to them. I also think their prices are much higher than what the product deserves. There's a reason nobody buys red poppy when they can get supplication at 5 dollars less. Just opinion though. The framboise was great and I love deliverance, but I won't spend almost $20 for a 375ml bottle.
    csano likes this.
  15. My exact order as well.:)
  16. NWer

NWer Advocate (635) Washington Mar 10, 2009

I'm impressed with the massive number of drinks enjoyed by so many. You either have deep pockets or good friends. I limited my tastes to three: Fou Foune, Deviation, Lou Pepe 2007 and enjoyed them all - especially the Deviation, a beer I never thought I'd get a chance to enjoy. That plus lunch was big enough bill for me.
  17. Bottle Works XII was a clear winner for me
    csano likes this.
  18. This sounds like it was awesome.
    Back in Black and Sour Fest... what a good time for the wife to be out of town and me at home with the little one. Here's waiting for next year.
  19. suncrust

suncrust Savant (295) Washington Apr 17, 2011

Fou Foune was mindblowingly excellent. Really wish Cuvee De Tomme got more props though, that's a phenomenal beer.
  20. [​IMG]

I was across the street at Add-A-Ball watching the Sour Beer Fest line grow .
  21. podunkparte

This is.... weird.
    Smurf2055 likes this.
  22. ehammond1

ehammond1 Initiate (0) Jul 4, 2008

Is this a real thing?
    Or is it just a typo?
    Seattle must know!
  23. It was real last year.
    Tasted like unicorn tears.
    Are you jelly bro?
    ehammond1 likes this.
  24. ehammond1

ehammond1 Initiate (0) Jul 4, 2008

Jelly to the max
    Bet hey, that's Tomme for you
    He gives me Red Barn
  25. Does anyone have a beer list for this years sour fest???
  26. I'm headed over after work that evening so I'm sure the OMGRAREZ will be gone, but should still be a good time.
  27. Same here.
  28. Perhaps we should move this discussion to a new thread, lest people get confused by last year's date in the title.
  29. jpbebeau

jpbebeau Savant (330) Washington Sep 11, 2011

I get listing the beers alphabetically, but I wish they'd just list them in order of rareness so I know which beer to drink first. How else am I supposed to decide?!

"I'll take the most rarest one please."
    checktherhyme and NWer like this.
  30. Done.
    Prufrockstar likes this.