1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Sour, Saison and Funk Round 4 Hints and Hauls!

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by Kmccabe33, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Zapy

Zapy Aficionado (135) Indiana Feb 8, 2012

I've got everything picked out and assembled, but with fedex deciding that weather was going to delay shipping I'm waiting until Monday set the box on its way. I'll do my best to make it up to my target.
  2. Lordkrystic

Lordkrystic Savant (265) Washington Jul 18, 2012

Team PNW is also shipping Monday. Hate shipping late in the week.
  3. willseph

willseph Initiate (0) Illinois Jan 31, 2011

Ship (P/U) date :
    Mon 2/25/2013
    WEST DUNDEE, IL​
    US​
    [​IMG]
    In transit
    On FedEx vehicle for delivery
    SAN JOSE, CA
    Estimated delivery :
    Fri 3/01/2013
    SAN JOSE, CA​
    US​
    As I was cleaning out the cellar last night, I found two bottles I thought I had included in the box but did not, so my target may get another care package some time next week.
  4. usofar

usofar Initiate (0) California Dec 23, 2010

I live three miles from jp7161 and even I'd be stoked to get a box from him.
  5. usofar

Going to give the mail man one more day to drop of the box from Belgium. Worst case i ship Monday.
  6. jsilva

jsilva Savant (365) Massachusetts Nov 10, 2009

Im in no rush to recieve my box so if my sender is worried id much rather have you take your time then try to rush to put something together.
    To my target im driving to a brewery today where im really hoping to grab a bottle from your wants list but if not they def have another nice sour theyve released recently.
  7. Box is in SoCal with a status of "On FedEx vehicle for delivery"
  8. brewbetter

brewbetter Savant (400) Nauru Jun 2, 2012

I'm also not in any rush if my sender is waiting on something. I'm in the middle of midterms anyway.
  9. cdb636

cdb636 Disciple (70) Illinois Apr 2, 2012

My box shipped out today. Last hint: last minute addition was some local flavor from a brewery listed as one of the ten breweries to watch this year along with a brewery in my target's area.
  10. lymph

lymph Aficionado (180) California May 10, 2010

Just got hammered by willseph. Pics to follow.
  11. usofar

Heading home from work soon. Hoping to find a box waiting!
  12. lymph

lymph Aficionado (180) California May 10, 2010

Awesome box from willseph.
    First the smaller format bottles and 22s -

[​IMG]
    Enigma (great beer from one of my favorite breweries - perma-want)
    Madame Rose 2010 (love the three sisters from Goose Island - perma-want)
    Cantillon Rose 2010 (Cantillon is always a want)
    3F Oude Kriek 2011 (3F is always always a want)
    Juliet 2012 (my favorite of the three sisters - perma-want)

750s and schwag -

[​IMG]
    Saison Brett 2012 (excited to try the 2012)
    Friek (one of my favorite Odell beers)
    Cantillon Lou Pepe Geueze 2008 (awesome and always a want)
    3F Schaerbeekse Kriek 2010 (love this beer and excited to try this vintage)
    Goose Island glass (gorgeous)
    Half Acre snifter (my recent favorite style of glass)

Overall, willseph hit it out of the park with an amazing selection of funky brews. Thank you again!
  13. willseph

willseph Initiate (0) Illinois Jan 31, 2011

Glad everything made it alright and glad you like the box. I wasn't sure what distro of GI is like by you, but I can tell you that the '10 Madame Rose is drinking fantastically right now so hopefully those are ok. Like I said earlier, I have another small box out to you next week. No walez bro, but a couple fun beers that I meant to send initially.

Cheers!
  14. RedBeeron

RedBeeron Savant (250) California Jul 7, 2012

Cant wait to see some of these sexy hauls. Also, next round.
  15. usofar

Holy mother of god, I had to check my drawers after I finished unpacking this box. Thanks so much Mike! I don't even know where to begin. All 12 beers were wants, 10 were huge wants! I don't think you could have sent a better box.

[​IMG]

Cantillon Cuvee Saint-Gilloise - Everyone loves a loon
    Upland Raspberry - Upland sours are my weak spot. Love these beers!
    N.G. Raspberry Tart - I blame JP for my N.G. affinity. I've tasted this before, but this is my first bottle!
    Fantome Magic Ghost - Looking forward to trying this for the first time.
    Cascade Sang Noir and Strawberry - Never had the Strawberry, and Sang Noir is just awesome!

As if it can't get better, BOOM goes the dynamite:

[​IMG]

Goose Island - Juliet my favorite of the sisters!
    Upright Fantasia - Are you shitting me!? Thank you!
    Logsdon Peche and Brett, and Oaked Seizon Bretta - Love Logsdon and never had either of these! I bought Oaked and shipped it in the last BIF not knowing how hard it was to come by. Went back the next day to replace the bottle I shipped off and it was all gone.
    Allagash Resurgam - Never had this and can't wait to try it. It's been a big want for a while!
    Russian River Beat B5 - Love that I'm getting my first Beat from NJ when it's brewed in my state.

Thank you so much Mike! If I ever get you in another BIF it's on like MF donkey Kong.
  16. jp7161

jp7161 Savant (335) California Dec 22, 2011

Do need a referral for a good contractor?

You need to get that porch fixed soon.
  17. jp7161

Damn. Looks like I need to adjust the box I'm sending out on Monday. Can't have some guy from Jersey upstaging the So Cal crew.

Mike is the man. Well done.
  18. Glad everything made it to you and you liked the box!! Lots of my favorites in there so hope you really enjoy them. I live in the town next to Belmar so if you ever have an itch to revisit and party like its 1999 let me know (Yes that was corny but it worked). I probably haven't gone to Bar A since then either LOL

Now that would be bad! :p
  19. NJOssie

NJOssie Savant (265) New Jersey Feb 28, 2012

Mike is the shit! You stay killing it brother
  20. DaBubs

DaBubs Aficionado (185) Illinois Mar 2, 2011

Tha fuck?! You guys are out of control with these boxes. Wow. I'm so out of my league.
  21. Ok, I'm almost afraid to send this box(s)....I may never live up to it on future rounds. 2 bottles are brewery only, 1 per person releases :cool:. One bottle is a 400 bottle, brewery only release, boo ya! Two are not fitting in the style, but they are very limited in distro. One has a Wants/Gots of 141 / 7. The other is 2,654 wants / 372 gots.
    Boxes are heading to what may be considered the video gaming capitol of the US?
  22. usofar

Still smiling from this crazy box! Bar A and DJais... I forget the rest and that's probably for the best. Thanks again for a killer box. At least a couple more people will owe you thanks because jp and I both talked about upgrading our boxes for this BIF that go out Monday.
  23. jp7161

I sure hope this box isn't coming to me. I only enjoy Midwest Shelf Whales with bottle counts of 10,000 or more.
  24. Thorpe429

Thorpe429 Champion (895) Illinois Aug 18, 2008

Wow, this is fantastic! I love watching this thread after running the first two rounds. Hopefully I will be able to re-up for the next round! Cheers everyone.
  25. Box hit the road this morning and it's going east (unless it's going to Cali, it's always going somewhat east from here), and I've got a fully loaded 12 bottle shipper full with 750s. There are several wants, several style and I think almost every one (if not all 12 bottles) above the 4.0 rating. This is a good box, one of the best I've put together, and I hope my target finds it legendary. With any luck, this box should arrive by Friday.

Last hint. The city my box is headed to has a band that hails from said town, who are signed to a label that is headquartered in my city. This band was recently rated one of the 30 bands to see at the SXSW Music Festival this year by a music tv network. Also, this bands name reminds me of Bourbon Street in New Orleans, LA because it's something I've seen multiple times when on Bourbon Street, and could occur from drinking too many of these wonderful beers in one setting.

Cheers!
    Jeff
  26. Hmmmm, good clues.
  27. A little Google, a little, Wikipedia, a little Fuse.com, a little more Google....pretty sure I've deciphered this clue.
  28. usofar

My target and jp7161's target have traded before. This clue is probably useless because i think they both have already figured out who is sending to them.
  29. Totally missed this hint until....wait for it....just now.
  30. Kmccabe33

Kmccabe33 Savant (405) Georgia Nov 4, 2011

Box is on its way somewhere out west. Lives in a state that Mary J is a lot more acceptable than out this way.
  31. Soonami

Soonami Savant (455) Pennsylvania Jul 16, 2008

Got a box today from Chris, didn't get to open it yet though, posting the haul tonight!

My recipient, who has already shipped will be getting some fresh Tired Hands!
  32. And here I thought I was so clever slipping that one past you. I'd say it was legend.........wait for it.....DARY! Just like this BIF.

Cheers!
    Jeff
  33. Kmccabe33

Kmccabe33 Savant (405) Georgia Nov 4, 2011

Haul Time! Can't wait to see some more pics.
  34. stevec32

stevec32 Savant (355) New York Mar 26, 2012

I'm getting excited because I think all boxes should be in this week but I have only narrowed my sender down to 4 or 5.
  35. usofar

Someone's going to have even more meaning to TGIF this week.
  36. Gonzoillini

Gonzoillini Advocate (655) Illinois Oct 15, 2008

About the best Delivery Exception you can get (from my sender I assume in this BIF?)

Travel History Help Hide
    Date/TimeActivityLocation
    - 3/05/2013 - Tuesday
    8:52 pm
    In FedEx possession
    LANCASTER, PA
    Package received after final location pickup has occurred. Scheduled for pickup next business day
  37. DaBubs

DaBubs Aficionado (185) Illinois Mar 2, 2011

Hint: If you haven't received a box yet, you might be my target.

Waiting for just one more want to round out the box and planning to have it to FedEx on Thursday if all goes according to schedule. Sorry for delay.

One more hint: Oddly enough, my target and I do not appear to have had any common trading partners.
  38. Zapy

Zapy Aficionado (135) Indiana Feb 8, 2012

To my target, I'm still waiting for a bottle to show up. The nasty weather we have been getting has caused more than a few delays with the trusty carriers. I'm planning on dropping the box off next Monday at the latest. If that last bottle doesn't show up the shipment may have to be split out in two and get something there at least.
  39. Gonzoillini

Gonzoillini Advocate (655) Illinois Oct 15, 2008

Check your porches on the east coast as 38# of sour saisony anf funky goodness just got delivered.

Cheers!
  40. NJOssie

NJOssie Savant (265) New Jersey Feb 28, 2012

ermagherd! just realized I had a delivery email... thanks Tony! Can't wait to get out of work