1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Southampton brews popping up in PDX

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by muchloveforhops3, Jun 27, 2012.

1. I'm excited to see that a couple offerings from Southampton Publick House have hit Portland. We obviously have a plethora of great local breweries, but it always nice to see new things (or what I'm pretty sure are new things) from other states reaching our distribution area as well! Picked up a bottle of Southampton Keller Pils- I look forward to trying it...
  2. djbreezy

djbreezy Advocate (510) Washington Dec 16, 2008

Hell yeah.
  3. Sarlacc83

Sarlacc83 Advocate (615) Oregon Mar 2, 2008

Looking forward to picking up bottles of the Abbot 12. One of my favorite quads in a blind taste test.
  4. boMD

boMD Savant (315) Oregon Feb 8, 2009

We have 12oz offerings now, but I heard the 750s won't be arriving until late July. Not too bad of a wait though.
  5. 750s in July? I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for those..
  6. The Abbot 12 sounds legit- I'll have to pick it up if/when I see it. I hope some of their Imperial Russian Stout eventually makes it out this way as well!
  7. goodbyeohio

goodbyeohio Advocate (680) Oregon Jul 13, 2004

The Burton IPA and Keller Pils bottles are currently all that's available. The 750/22 series beers are going to be pouring at the PIB, so the speculation is that on the load delivering those beers, we may also get some to sell in a retail setting. We will see though, this has not yet been confirmed.
  8. Soonami

Soonami Savant (455) Pennsylvania Jul 16, 2008

the IRS is brewpub only, released in the middle of winter. This year, there were only 650 750ml bottles sold.

I think a lot of their wider releases (especially 12 oz) are contract brewed at Lion Brewery (Wilkes-Barre) or Sly Fox (Royersford). Look at the label and see where they are brewed. I think most of the 750 ml are also brewed at Sly Fox, since the brewpub is so small, but some of the brewpub stuff is bottled and distributed
    boMD likes this.
  9. boMD

boMD Savant (315) Oregon Feb 8, 2009

this is pretty accurate.
  10. I know that the IRS is a limited release, but didn't know it was brewpub only. Thanks for the info!
  11. RedMedicine

RedMedicine Savant (340) Oregon Jun 3, 2005

Have plenty of beers to choose from in PDX. Don't really care for the Southampton beers I've had. Interesting voice to enter this market. Nonetheless, wish them good luck.