1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Southern Tier To Triple Capacity

Discussion in 'Beer News' started by Todd, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Todd

Todd Founder (1,440) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

(Lakewood, New York - April 24, 2012) Southern Tier Brewing Company of Lakewood, New York will soon break ground on a 110-barrel brewhouse which will increase capacity threefold. In anticipation, the brewery has added a second conditioning room, making this the third expansion since moving to its current location just two and a half years ago. With the addition of six 660-barrel fermenters, the cellar will more than double in volume with the ultimate goal of producing 150,000 barrels per year. It is expected that the new brewhouse will be fully operational by Thanksgiving, 2012.

While the brewery intends to open a few small markets in 2013, the focus is to continue to service their existing distribution network. Southern Tier also expects to add new brands to their already robust lineup, including a new variety pack and a 750mL Belgian series among other plans.

http://www.southerntierbrewing.com

###

2. awesome news!!

Blueribbon666 likes this.
  3. "six 660-barrel fermenters" :D

Hope to see some more fun stuff from them.

4. FATC1TY

FATC1TY Moderator (640) Georgia Feb 12, 2012 Staff Member

Amen.

Choklat, Mokha, and some Pumking please.

5. Can't wait for more Pumking, Choklat, Unearthly, Javha, Mokha!

6. Great news indeed. I enjoy their stouts greatly.

7. DavoleBomb

DavoleBomb Advocate (600) Ohio Mar 29, 2008

I'm gonna take a guess, but I'd assume that the executives at Bud bought some ST beers for their board meetings since their own beer sucks.

8. JediMatt

JediMatt Aficionado (210) Iowa Jun 18, 2010

I really hope this means they'll come to Iowa. They are all around us already (Illinois, Minnesota, Missouri)!

9. mocktm

mocktm Savant (365) Virginia Jan 3, 2011

Can't wait for some more Pumking, still have a couple from last year too I think

10. Catchy_Name

Catchy_Name Savant (385) California Dec 21, 2011

Hopefully this is gonna mean expanded distribution eventually.

11. tyrsis

tyrsis Savant (365) California Mar 13, 2009

Good, now make it to CA please...

Halcyondays likes this.
  12. Pumking has been on tap in Pawtucket, RI all year... Maybe this expansion can kick it off! PLEASE!

13. GREATNESS!!!

14. ChadQuest

ChadQuest Initiate (0) Illinois Mar 4, 2009

Checked my calender. not April 1st. Dang it.

Maybe i'll get lucky and they will do all new recipes.

15. Ditto. I went in on a case with some friends and have been enjoying them every couple months since release. Been fun to watch the spices kind of shift balance with each other each time. Good on these guys though, I like a good amount of their stuff, particularly the yearly release stuff.

16. Blueribbon666

Blueribbon666 Advocate (500) Ohio Jul 4, 2008

Great news indeed, haven't had a bad one yet by Southern Tier, in fact I need to buy more sixers and samplers. They do seem to mix up their samplers very well, variety wise.