1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

SP Origin

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by Duffmanohyeah02, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Has anyone opened one recently? Just wondering how it is holding up. I opened one in November and didn't detect any infection, as some of the reviews suggest, but still have another that needs to be drank or traded. Thanks for any input!

Cheers
    Tom

2. It tastes fine

redblacks75 likes this.
  3. Abbbp

Abbbp Savant (465) Texas Mar 9, 2013

ISO

4. evilcatfish

evilcatfish Advocate (515) Missouri May 11, 2012

I try not to pay attention to the infection bandwagon

5. Yeah me either. Like I said, had one in november for my GF finishing her masters. Was just curious if anyone had opened one recently and what it was like

6. evilcatfish

If you have another one I'll come over and we can both give it a full evaluation

Duffmanohyeah02 likes this.
  7. Lukahn

Lukahn Aficionado (155) Missouri Apr 13, 2012

Cory had that beer thoroughly inspected in a lab and it was confirmed there is NO INFECTION. Period. End of story. To the asshats that even put this rumor into the mill, seriously fuck you. Infection is a term that should not even be thrown around lightly as it can totally damage a beer and or a brewers rep. And when you claim this with no data to back it up other than "I drink beer all the time and my cellar is deep bro", its just pathetic. They are clearly a bunch of know nothing clowns that think they know everything there is about beer but clearly have no clue. It's sad that this beer which is awesome and totally unique is getting pegged because of 5 dip shits in California who more than likely sucked each other off before even trying the beer.

Either way the last time I had The Origin it was still really amazing and has grown even more unique

8. evilcatfish

Like x100

Duffmanohyeah02 likes this.
  9. You mad bro?

redblacks75 and Duffmanohyeah02 like this.