1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Speedway in MA...

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by Cenosillicaphobe, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Cenosillicaphobe

Cenosillicaphobe Savant (360) Maine Jul 24, 2011

I could have sworn I saw some Speedway at the Kappy's on Route 1 in Malden in the past, but didn't have the money. I don't find myself down that way very often, but I'll be passing through next Thursday on my way to Logan. Anyone know if they have it now? Also anything else interesting I can hope to find there?

2. ColdPoncho

ColdPoncho Savant (455) Ohio Jan 9, 2009

Not sure about the spot your asking about, but they've got some in stock at red stone liquors on rte 28 in syoneham, if you don't mind going a bit out of your way

hoppusmaxximus and Ganglani like this.
  3. Every 3 months or so it seems a shipment hits the Boston area. Doesn't get to every store for every shipment, but it hits enough that you can usually find it if you look hard enough. Can't speak for the Kappy's in Malden, though.

4. Cenosillicaphobe

I do have a bit of time to kill that evening, and their website just gave me a chub. Thanks for the tip, good sir.

Ganglani likes this.
  5. Cenosillicaphobe

Oh man...Ten Fidy too? DEFINITELY going there.

Ganglani likes this.
  6. JrGtr

JrGtr Savant (365) Massachusetts Apr 13, 2006

I've been seeing Speedway all over all year. Julios, Gordons, Martys, they all seem to have it pretty regularly lately.

7. AdamP

AdamP Savant (405) Pennsylvania Mar 26, 2012

Craft Beer Cellar definitely always has it in stock. Really enjoyed Wormtown's Sweet Tat's last week too...

8. Cenosillicaphobe

What are y'all seeing for prices on the Speedway and Ten Fidy, roughly?

9. AdamP

AdamP Savant (405) Pennsylvania Mar 26, 2012

I don't remember Speedway exactly ($14 or so), but Ten Fidy was $17 for a four-pack. Tasty, but definitely a bit strong on the licorice for me.

10. xanok

xanok Savant (405) Connecticut Aug 13, 2009

It shows up every now and then. A few months ago, there was a dozen or so bottles on the shelf at Table and Vine.

11. Kappy's at Wellington Circle Medford has it for $15

12. I have been seeing Speedway all over the place lately compared to like 3 or 4 years ago. But, the last time I tried it it was a shadow of its former self.

13. I see it just about everywhere in the Cambridge/Somerville area. Downtown, Liquor World, Ball Square, etc.

14. Boston wine exchange has it on the shelf

15. Fifth Ave in Millis has it.

16. Yeah, the newness has worn off in the area and now it tends to linger with the other near-$20 bottles that everybody has already tried.

I think it's still delicious, but freshness will have a big impact on flavor given the coffee in the beer.

17. There is a new batch that came to mass this past week. New label and foil color. Plenty at Julios.

18. Cenosillicaphobe

This timing excites me...same day I'm set to receive my first trade box...rollin' up into Red Stone Liquors with like $60...great haul day...if I had a working camera I'd post a pic in that thread.

Ganglani likes this.
  19. Cenosillicaphobe

This place is fantastic...can't wait to go back...thanks so much for the tip!

ColdPoncho, tehzachatak and Ganglani like this.
  20. Hears Yankee Spirits in N. Attleboro had plenty in stock...

21. I love Redstone, the beer and the customer service are really top notch...

Ganglani likes this.
  22. jamvt

jamvt Savant (490) Massachusetts Aug 5, 2005

Redstone for the win.

Ganglani likes this.
  23. Cenosillicaphobe

If I have any cash left, I will certainly be back there on Tuesday...wait...any of y'all know if they're open that day?

Ganglani likes this.
  24. They are, until at least 7 according to their Twitter feed...

Ganglani likes this.