1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Splitting Central Waters Peruvian Morning and/or Bourbon Stout

Discussion in 'US - Mid-Atlantic' started by Brehnert, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Brehnert

Brehnert Savant (250) Pennsylvania Mar 17, 2011

There's still a few cases of these floating around, wanted to see if anyone in the Philly area wanted to split 1 of each with me. I'm up for splitting them with up to 4 people, so let me know.
    dborginis likes this.
  2. What's the cost of the Bourbon Barrel Stout case? Had that beer for the first time the other night and was really impressed.
  3. dnb128

dnb128 Savant (300) Pennsylvania Jan 9, 2012

I'd get in on this for a sixer of the BB stout if others were interested.
  4. What he said..or where are these cases floating around?
  5. Brehnert

They're each $85 at the store I found but if anyone can find it cheaper let me know. I'm open to splitting both but it sounds like more people are interested in the bourbon stout than the Peruvian Morning...
  6. Brehnert

Really just trying to avoid paying $5.50/bottle at one of the bottle stores...this way we save $2/bottle, basically get 2 free bottles in every sixer
  7. If its the 2013 PM let me know, BBS would be cool also.
  8. Brehnert

Yeah it's 2013. I'm going tomorrow after work, so I should have a case of each by 6:00pm
  9. Naterobsnyk4

Naterobsnyk4 Savant (330) New York Jan 25, 2012

In New York but wouldn't see a problem with coming down to philly one weekend soon and thus involving myself in this.
  10. Brehnert

I'm also open to starting an email list amongst local people that want to start splitting up cases. That way, we all benefit when someone finds something rare and we don't have to rely on just our local store.
  11. I support this cool, co-op way of dealing with PA's arcane distribution laws. I did this recently with a case of this year's Insanity and am tempted to do the same with a case of Central Waters BB Barleywine on hold for me at the distributor.
  12. Brehnert

I'm definitely interested in the BB barleywine. That's actually the CW beer that I originally wanted but couldn't find any. I'll swap you a sixer of the bb stout or peruvian morning for a sixer of the bb barleywine
  13. Brehnert

I rarely need a whole case of a particular beer, but sometimes it's the only way to avoid getting ripped off by the bottle shops. I understand that they need to make money and that its really PA's laws that are screwing us, but I can't justify paying some of these prices. Anyone in the area who wants to join up, BM me with your email and we'll start a list. The more money we save on each bottle, the more money we have to buy other beers!!
  14. Definitely a great idea. Also good for me for the beers that don't get distributed to NY, but do to PA.
  15. Also, I'd like to be in on splitting those 2 cases as well.
  16. This is the kind of thing you need to keep hush about. Its been brought up many times over the years but what you speak of is illegal. people have been busted before.
    ThoreauLikeAGirl likes this.
  17. I
    Four people show up at a distributor and split a case: OK

One person buys hundreds of cases and resells singles and mixed cases (at cost) to others: Not OK

It's really a shame what happened. You'll have to find a balance somewhere between the two to make it work.
  18. Its a shame really because once you say hey lets meet up at "X" location to split(purchase) the cases chances are that someone would go out and scoop them up from right under your nose.
  19. Brehnert

Yeah there's really no good way around it. I can't see someone getting in trouble over 1 or 2 cases but I see what you're saying.
  20. Stevedore

Stevedore Champion (835) Wisconsin Nov 16, 2012

They come in 4-packs.
  21. Does that mean the case splitting is not happening?