1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Sporting Events w/ Craft Beer

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by mvdillman, Feb 18, 2013.

1. mvdillman

mvdillman Member

So, I went to the Hockey City Classic at Soldier Field in Chicago yesterday. Instead of buying a pint of Miller products for $8.50, I bought a 12 oz Goose Island Honkers Ale for $9. Everyone knows they mark up liquor prices like crazy, so I'm just wondering, what other craft beers has anyone bought at an event and for how much? I'm just curious to other stories out there.

Thanks
  2. DarkDragon999

DarkDragon999 Member

To be honest, I dont "need" craft beer at a sporting event and if a Honkers Ale was really 9 bucks for a 12 oz bottle I hate to say it but I might just choose the pint of Miller over it. If you add up the ticket price, parking, food, and souverniers, then Im not going to be anxious to pay 9 bucks for an averge craft beer and would like to save a little money and get some more value.
  3. booyahachieved3

booyahachieved3 Member

Sporting KC matches seem to have a greater number of craft brews available, I think I paid 7-8 for at the US-Guatemalavmatch at the same park. Boulevard just became the official sponsor of the members club so I'm hoping to see even more at the next match I attend.
  4. Handle

Handle Member

Bank of America Stadium here in Charlotte has brought in more craft beer over the last couple of years. You can get Charlotte locals from The Olde Mecklenburg Brewery and NoDa Brewing, as well as other beers from around the state.
  5. atoulouk

atoulouk Member

Great American ballpark in Cincinnati had some craft bottles that were reasonably priced when I was there this past summer. I had a good Black IPA on tap at Lucas Oil stadium in Indy and think it was $8 for a 16oz draft
  6. kdb150

kdb150 Member

Citizens Bank Park in Philly has a solid lineup of (mainly local) craft beer options. Thanks to the exhausative efforts of others, here is the full list:

Allagash White
    Anchor Steam
    Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA
    Flying Fish Abbey Dubbel
    Flying Fish Extra Pale Ale
    Flying Fish Summer Ale
    Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald Porter
    Lagunitas IPA
    Oskar Blues Dale's Pale Ale
    Oskar Blues Mama's Little Yella Pils
    Philadelphia Brewing Company Kenzinger
    Philadelphia Brewing Company Walt Wit
    Samuel Adams Boston Lager
    Samuel Adams Octoberfest
    Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
    Sly Fox Pikeland Pils
    Sly Fox Royal Weiss
    Troegs DreamWeaver
    Victory Headwaters Pale Ale
    Victory Hop Devil
    Victory Prima Pils
    Victory Summer Love
    Yards Brawler
    Yards Pale Ale

There may be more, I seem to recall seeing more Victory options throughout the ballpark, but nevertheless. Victory Prima Pils and a baseball game is one of life's transcendant pleasures. Having not known before that Edmund Fitzgerald is available there, I will also seek that out on cooler game nights. If I recall correctly, a bottle or pint of BMC usually runs $7.25, while the craft options are typically a buck more, and you get a full pint of craft if the beer is on tap. Totally worth it since, if I've already shelled out $80 or $100 (or more) for tickets, parking, pregame drinks at Victory Beer Hall across the street (amazing venue. Would I like a brat and a Baltic Thunder before the game? I don't think I've ever been asked a dumber question!) and food, an extra $3-$4 on top of that to drink good beer instead of Miller Lite is a no brainer.
  7. Providence

Providence Member

Last time I visited a buddy of mine in Brooklyn we took in a Mets game. They had all sorts of craft taps. I think I grabbed an Allagash White, can't remember. The price was surely my left testicle, but BMC wasn't much cheaper. The food choices at that game were also awesome.