1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Sports Bar in Portland?

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by dksl16, Jun 9, 2012.

1. dksl16

dksl16 Aficionado (245) California Sep 12, 2008

Heading to Portland for the first time tomorrow. Looking for a place to catch the Kings. I'll be staying at the Hotel DeLuxe so ideally someplace close to there. Many thanks.
  2. boMD

boMD Savant (315) Oregon Feb 8, 2009

Can't help you on a bar close to downtown that will have the game. I know Deschutes has a couple of TVs in their bar area. Maybe check there?

But good choice on Hotel Deluxe. I freakin' love that place. We had our wedding reception in their restaurant, Gracie's. And their bar Driftwood Room is a historic Portland bar. A mid century classic.
  3. John_M

John_M Moderator (1,100) California Oct 25, 2003 Staff Member

Shrug. Henry's Tavern is about a quarter mile away, and I'm sure they'll have the game on (it's a multi-TV beer bar, but with something of a sports bar flavor I would argue). My favorite sports bar in town is Claudia's Sports Pub on SE Hawthorne, but that's almost 3 miles from your hotel, so I assume that's probably a bit too far away for you.
  4. dabudah

dabudah Aficionado (155) Oregon Oct 1, 2005

Blitz pearl shouldn't be too far. Also just discovered Upper Deck the other day, plenty of tvs there.
  5. I was thinking Blitz Pearl (NW 10th/Couch), but dabudah beat me to it... I personally don't care for the vibe much at the Pearl one, but I like the one in SE (Ladd's Addition).

A couple other thoughts:
    Mellow Mushroom on NW 14th/Flanders - I have only been a couple times, but I watched some NFL there one Sunday last fall. A few good things among their 40-50 taps, too.

There are several decent/divey bars around Jeld Wen Field (about 3 blocks west of your hotel). If you just want a TV and an OK beer list (i.e. not 'BA worthy') try:
  6. LoPo87

LoPo87 Aficionado (235) Oregon Mar 9, 2012

I go to On Deck in the Pearl to watch any games. They have more than enough tvs and if the weather is nice the deck can be quite enjoyable.