1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Spring(ish) South Sound Sour Soiree

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by youradhere, Feb 24, 2012.

?

Will you be there?

1. Hell yes!

69.2%
  2. No, I suck.

30.8%
  1. youradhere

youradhere Savant (460) Arkansas Feb 29, 2008

This is the official re-posting of the South Sound Sour tasting, unfortunately due to forces out of our control the tasting has moved from March 24th to March 17th. We are sorry if this inconveniences any of you who were planning on attending on the 24th, but there is really nothing we can do. We hope to still see as many people as possible, and please, please, RSVP on the link below so we can have some sort of a head count for logistics purposes. Thanks, and hope to see you all there!

http://beeradvocate.com/events/info/49600
  2. :(:(:(:(

Sad face for me.....

Stupid wedding.
  3. booooooooo
  4. I'll pour out some 3F Lente for my hommies....
    Smurf2055 and barleywinefiend like this.
  5. BillHilly

BillHilly Savant (390) Washington Oct 17, 2010

If it's going to be Sunday, we need to start early if at all possible. Yes, I'm old, and my liver looks like cauliflower!
    barleywinefiend likes this.
  6. podunkparte

podunkparte Initiate (0) Washington Nov 14, 2009

Nope, March 17 is still a Saturday. I open the bar Sunday morning though so these Saturday tastings have been interesting. Can't wait
  7. BillHilly

think they are pondering Sunday....Josh or Jim, confirm?
  8. Saturday, March 17th 1863
  9. beertunes

beertunes Poobah (1,035) Washington Sep 24, 2007

I'd love to come, but I'm volunteering with B'hams St. Idiots Day Parade and then have to work that night (bouncing on Amateur Nights is either highly entertaining or a real shit-show, I'm hoping for lots of shirts coming off, not lots of puke coming out). I'll certainly try to make another one.
  10. BillHilly

Judging by our avatars, we must be related!
    Smurf2055 likes this.
  11. beertunes

I figured, new forums it's time for a new avatar. This must be the grumpiest squirrel ever, he's pissed enough to bazooka somebody's ass! He probably didn't get any PtY.
    BillHilly likes this.
  12. BillHilly

I didn't get any PtY either...must admit, didn't really pursue it either! Not an IPA chaser.
  13. beertunes

My buddy Kevin Davie just left Chuckanut to take a job with Firestone Walker. A road trip to Paso Robles next year would also give me a chance to tick PtY. Also I could visit former Snipes brewer Chris Miller at his new Berryessa Brewing En Route.
  14. Sorry guys I have plans...
    [​IMG]
  15. Spring break with the family?

16. Hey guys. A few beers on the spreadsheet are not of the Wild/Sour Ale, Gueze, Kriek or Lambic style/influenced. We really need to stick to theme. Brett Saisons are good because they are still rather funky and sour.If you do not have any of these stashed away the E9 will have a nice Sour themed bottle list for us so you can choose a beer there.
    youradhere likes this.
  17. youradhere

Is that you and your sister? Dude she's hot!
  18. youradhere

Really? Damn, if they have anything good, think they will sell it to go? :)

19. No beer to go :(
  20. podunkparte

Can't wait. Definitely stocking up on the Tums for this too
  21. BillHilly

I was trying to remember what the saying was on that waitresses shirt last time we were there...
  22. Breasts of Fire ?
  23. podunkparte

Pretty sure it was "I look like I'm 14. Why are all these creepy old men staring at me like that?"

(Not saying I wasn't staring too, but at least I'm not old)
  24. BillHilly

I'm vintage, not old! ^ ^
  25. youradhere

Alriiiight, who's ready for the pucker-fest Saturday? I can't wait to taste all the sour goodness out there. Remember to bring only sours to this tasting- they need not be rare or super fancy, just sour. For those of you new to the game that are worried that this will be a "locker room d*** measuring session" of everyone's cellar, fear not, there are plenty of readily available sours that I personally haven't tried, and this gathering is the perfect time and venue to try them! Can't wait to see you all there, and don't forget to tip your waitress, and tip big! (so they will continue to like us.)

Jim
  26. youradhere

Oh ya, please bring your wives/girlfriends/life mates, my wife is worried that this will just be a bunch of sweaty nerds looking at beer and being antisocial, so if the significant others are sufficiently distracted with each other some of us can cut loose and really nerd-out.
  27. podunkparte

Wait, so we can't have a d*** measuring session? :(
  28. youradhere

You misunderstood, d*** measuring contests won't be in the locker room as usual and have been moved to a more leisurely locale- at the table while you are eating :)
  29. So, I can't be sweaty, discuss the hop bill for Heady Topper with my hand down my pants?
    youradhere likes this.
  30. BillHilly

I just thought Brian was disappointed 'cause he can't judge the event.
    youradhere and barleywinefiend like this.
  31. I stopped by thye E9 today to make sure all was well. We have lots of tables, plenty of seating upstairs with a dedicated server. Don't for get we need about $15 to cover corkage and costs. The E-9 provided a sour themed bottle list for us. Nothing fancy but solid and if we run out we're set! The vent ends at 10PM and all traffic will need to go downstairs after 10PM. We have two spare bedrooms if anyone needs to crash and I even provide breakfast....so the Sanderson B n B is open for business. See ya at 5PM tomorrow.
  32. BillHilly

I might need to take you up on that offer Josh...wife and I were just discussing the logistics - with the late start and mileage she'd have to drive with the kids (dropping me off and picking me up), staying down there would be a better idea.
  33. Cleaning up the bedrooms now...more than welcome. Beer all night, free room, breakfast and a taxi service back to your ride...dude..can't go wrong with that. I feel partially responsible since we're coaxing you guys to drive down here. I would feel awful if anytihg ever happened...but don't be expecting some Eggs Benedict in the morning haha
  34. youradhere

Josh raised a good point earlier- I had originally put down 1600 for the start time and the correct time is 1700. That is 5pm instead of 4pm for those of you who can't tell mil time.
  35. harrymel

harrymel Initiate (0) Washington Dec 15, 2010

Awwwww Jeeeahhh! My plans for this weekend have changed drastically, and I, my wife, and my buddy will be there. We will be bringing some Sanctification B005, sorry I don't have anything more fancy to bring, but I didn't realize I would be able to make it. Look forward to meeting some folks!

PS: we will be staying at the Best Western @ the Tacoma Dome, so if anybody has room, we would totally love a ride.... 2611 E E St, Tacoma
  36. youradhere

Good to hear, and can't wait to meet some east side BAs!
  37. youradhere

Also- can't wait to see everyone at 5!
  38. Oh yeah!!!!