1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

St Louis trip (Perennial)

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by Stevedore, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Stevedore

Stevedore Champion (855) Wisconsin Nov 16, 2012

The long and short of it is: I will be in St Louis starting late tomorrow night, and leaving Sunday afternoon. My wife is running the St Louis Marathon this Sunday and I will be cheering her on, and only that as my marathon running days are long gone.

Of course, I had to do a search to see what's there to do and I've learned about places such as Three Kings, Bridge, Bailey's.

Right now, the only beer-related thing I have in mind to do is to go visit Perennial on Saturday for lunch though I have absolutely no idea what they have available on tap as their website has only been updated on March 1st. Will they have BA 17 on tap still? Are there any bottles to go at the brewery aside from the BA 17? I'm aware that you can only pick some up through the early reservation or the lottery.

If you could only shop at 1 or 2 bottleshops/stores in St. Louis, which ones would they be? I didn't see much in way of bottleshop suggestions in my search, to be honest.

Thanks again guys.
    Sean9689 likes this.
  2. Jlu73183

Jlu73183 Aficionado (220) Illinois Mar 16, 2012

Hey!
    I'm not in St. Louis, but my husband (also a BA but currently fast asleep) just spent the past few weeks in St. Louis for work. I had the time to do some quick research for him and relay recommendations. Off hand, I know he was able to hit up Perennial, Schlafly, and Four Hands (enjoyed the food and beer at Perennial the most); for stores, he went to Luka's liquors, Randall's on Jefferson, & possibly The Wine & Cheese Place. What I know for sure is that he came home with some Crooked Stave beers, Jester King shelf beers, a Sump & regular 17, and even got lucky coming across a couple bottles of Cantillon. He's back home in Chicago now, but thought I'd pass the info along! Have a great time and best of luck to your wife with the marathon!:)
  3. weaksauce

weaksauce Savant (325) Ohio Sep 2, 2010

they tapped BA 17 last night and it kicked in about an hour and a half. 17 and aria bottles were available. Randall had a good selction of local stuff for sale. 4 hands is worth a stop also.
  4. Stevedore

Stevedore Champion (855) Wisconsin Nov 16, 2012

Thanks both of you! Will stop by Perennial for lunch and then Bridge for dinner, tomorrow. Maybe check out a bottleshop quickly on Sunday, whichever one is close by our hotel (Pear Tree Inn on Market St).

Be nice if I found some Cantillon! Looking for some Sump but doubt that's around now. CS beers are always welcome finds though...
    Crentakey likes this.
  5. geneseohawk

geneseohawk Savant (370) Illinois Nov 4, 2008

I'm headed there as well- wife is running too! I was planning to hit up Perennial, 4 hands, and urban chestnut? I have my 3 boys with me- so I am hoping we can eat and drink at them?
  6. drmcleod10

drmcleod10 Savant (485) Missouri Oct 14, 2013

Stop by 33 wine they will have some sump... and maybe some blueprint LSD shhhh
    They know they're wine, but if James the owner is there he will take you into his beer cellar and let you pick. I know he has some Loons sitting around back there too.
    They let me pick 3 bottles to go last time I was there.
    Volume 1, FW 17, and Blueprint LSD (Best coffee stout I've had)
  7. drmcleod10

For bottle shops.. if you are still looking. The Wine and Cheese Place is awesome, Randall's, and Lukas Liquor
  8. evilcatfish

evilcatfish Advocate (505) Missouri May 11, 2012

Go to Itap in Soulard while your wife runs the Marathon. Its close to downtown!
  9. drmcleod10

Urban Chestnut has a nice outdoor area.
    4 Hands has some good apps
    Hit up Bailey's Range for good beer and amazing burgers.
    Last time they had a couple kegs of Abraxas. This was 2 weeks ago