1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

St. Patty's Day Tasting - Durham/Chapel Hill, NC

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by VncentLIFE, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Hey BAs,

Just wanted to throw out an invitation to anyone in the area. Me and Adam (bluecane) are having a tasting on our shared birthday (well its on the 14th, but who wants to have an epic tasting on a Thursday?--so were moving it to Sunday) at my apartment on the Durham/Chapel Hill line on St. Patty's Day (march 17). I know inflames77, RedNeckBeerz, OSUBeerStudent, apaisncsu (probable), flipdog0 (probable), and Bryanole (also a maybe) are coming. Of course, anyone is welcome to come join in the festivities! I have enough snifters and other assorted glassware to serve about 15 or so people.

If you have any questions or anything, just let me know.

Cheers

Bluecane likes this.
  2. I'll be there fo sho, maybe I'll have some Oregon stuff by then to bring along. It'll be a damn good time.

Bluecane likes this.
  3. I'm really going to try and make it guys, but it will be the first weekend in 4 straight weeks my girl and I will actually be home...so it will be hard to leave again.

Brewvival, friend's wedding in Ft Lauderdale the next weekend, Hunahpu Day the next weekend.

#firstworldproblems:)

flipdog0 and Bluecane like this.
  4. Bluecane

Bluecane Initiate (0) New York Dec 30, 2011

Yeah, I'll have some good stuff from my trip (earlier that week) to Vermont, New York, and Massachusetts.

flipdog0 likes this.
  5. Abner

6. im hoping to get a Hunahpu for the tasting.

flipdog0 likes this.
  7. Theres an event on Facebook as well.

8. I'm going to Huna day, I should be able to bring one along with a few other goodies!

9. planning on being there and contributing to make this event more epic than the warm up in January

Bluecane and flipdog0 like this.
  10. Oh shit...is that possible?!

VncentLIFE, Bluecane and flipdog0 like this.
  11. I plan to attend. And come strong.

Bluecane likes this.
  12. Man, you guys are making it tough to not drive over. Sunday is tough though and will make Monday hell.

Bluecane likes this.
  13. im trying to land one for myself, but the more the merrier!

14. guess we'll see who brings their game... gonna be a tough road

15. Maybe I've missed the details, but what are the times for this? I don't think I'm friends with any of you on FB, but find me so I can see the event.

Bryan Leighton

16. I tried hunting you guys down on the FB as well and could not find the page. We def gotta make sure Bryan attends so we can repay him for all of the CCB beers (especially Leon).

bryanole27 and Bluecane like this.
  17. Joined as 'maybe'

18. Me too, as it is the weekend after Huna Day hopefully the wife will let me get out of the house for a bit after being gone 4 days the week before!

bryanole27 likes this.
  19. Tempting this is......

20. Hanuh day for me as well:)

21. Tentatively cleared my schedule for that Sunday/Monday 3rd shift off (if perchance I should have to crash there a bit , I'd prefer not to have an image of you limp dick suns uh bytches floppin ya wieners on my face kapesh?}. Planning on hitting Brewvival in N. Charleston the weekend of Feb. 22 - 23 with a major splashdown @ Westbrook Friday afternoon. Will try to bring back some of Dat shyt for the B'day/St. Patty's throw down. May also be able to trade some fine NC brews for ????. I'll keep ya updated on my plans for Brewvival. Cheers !!

Bluecane and bryanole27 like this.
  22. If anyone on this thread can get me an extra bottle of Hunahpu (Ill gladly pay for it), thatd be great. I wanna have one on my actual birthday

23. If everything goes as planned I might be able to take care of that.

24. Should have some good Portlandia stuff, though I'll let it be a surprise. I'll bring my KH for sure and maybe we'll finally drink that 07 WWS I keep bringing.

flipdog0 and bryanole27 like this.
  25. Bluecane

I may have a Cherry Adam, but I'm not sure.

26. Hmmm....note he said nothing about teabagging.

VncentLIFE, danoeltico and Bluecane like this.
  27. The KH will probably be the beer that gets me there:) Of course I'll have some CCB goodies, as well as a HF and some Lawsons.

flipdog0 likes this.
  28. Bluecane

Don't steal my thunder! Haha. Let me know what you're getting so that I won't duplicate.

bryanole27 likes this.
  29. Thunder is all yours! YOU tell ME, and I won't duplicate.:D

30. Bluecane

I'll only have the stuff that's available 2 days before the party.

31. OK so after talking with Alex, John, and Steve last night, we came to a conclusion. In order to keep this thing within the realm of possibility, were capping it at 3 bombers or 6 12 oz bottles per person. We want to still be able to taste and enjoy every bottle.

The preliminary list so far is:
    King Henry
    RR Damnation Batch 23
    BA Blackout
    Lavery Rye Stout
    Lavery Liopard Oir
    Im almost sure a Hunahpu will pop up with how close it is to the release AND the number of people going
    Some Hill Farmstead DIPA

32. Good call on the cap...I need to make it to work on Monday:)

33. Caps are for pussys .lol

bryanole27 likes this.
  34. Can someone confirm a 2013 Hunahpu? Will we have one for sure?

35. 22 oz 2012 Surly Darkness
    22 oz FFF Moloko
    22 oz 2012 BANE (for comparison to KH of course)
    12 oz 2013 Peruvian Morning (extra)

***extras are encouraged just as in trading, right!?***

Bluecane likes this.
  36. I'll bring some "extras" as well as they are smaller bottles and will give us a choice as to what we want to open.

37. Bluecane

Ha! BANE <3 So excited to get to try that again; it was so good when I got a few drops at ORF.

38. Bluecane

Well, the candidates are you and Daniel (danoeltico), who are going to Huna day, or Tim's friend who is supposed to try and ship him one before Sunday.

39. add Black Note to this list

Bluecane and bryanole27 like this.