1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

St. Patty's Day Tasting - Durham/Chapel Hill, NC

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by VncentLIFE, Feb 3, 2013.

1. OSUBeerStudent

OSUBeerStudent Member

I dunno how many more Chicago goodies we could use, unless you're getting a Rare/Vanilla/Galactic Daisy.
    Bluecane likes this.
  2. VncentLIFE

VncentLIFE Member

Im getting Ninja vs. Unicorn, Daisy Cutter, 3Floyds Black IPA, and NG Apple Ale
  3. OSUBeerStudent

OSUBeerStudent Member

Those are probably acceptable as palate cleansers.
    DiscLizard and Bluecane like this.
  4. apaisncsu

apaisncsu Member

now about a big hugs to go along with the other Half Acres
  5. VncentLIFE

VncentLIFE Member

im trying to keep the trade small with this guy. I dont wanna go overboard, because Im arranging for another trade with a friend in OH for some OH made gueuze.
  6. Heatwave33

Heatwave33 Member

I'LL BE THERE!

In Spirit ;)
  7. VncentLIFE

VncentLIFE Member

Stephen,

You are always welcome in my place, and I demand you bring nothing.
  8. Heatwave33

Heatwave33 Member

That I could never do! I have the FW Anni vert 10-16. All Bourbon County except RARE plus some other gems hidden.
  9. VncentLIFE

VncentLIFE Member

get your scrawny ass up here, sir!
  10. Bluecane

Bluecane Member

That's a dang good beer.
  11. apaisncsu

apaisncsu Member

I meant that I have a Big Hugs
  12. VncentLIFE

VncentLIFE Member

damn lol.
  13. CWinchell

CWinchell Member

Hey Guys,
    Was reading your post and was wondering if there was still room for 1 or 2 more?
    It looks like I met a few of you at the BASC, ORF, and/or the most recent SC release.
    If anyone saw the pic on Foothills twitter page from that morning that was our table.

Anyways, let me know as me and my buddy would definitely like to swing by and say hi for a couple hrs and share some beers.
    I should have a box by then with some west coast goodies and we usually have a fair supply of RR.

Cheers!
    Chris
    Bluecane likes this.
  14. VncentLIFE

VncentLIFE Member

come on by! dm me for the address
  15. CWinchell

CWinchell Member

Sounds good man!
  16. RedneckBeerz

RedneckBeerz Member

OK Birthday Boyz, it's about 11 days before the big bash. Have you guys came up with a time yet?
  17. danoeltico

danoeltico Member

Got 2010 Hunapu lined up, maybe I'll bring BA Yeti too
    Bluecane, apaisncsu and bryanole27 like this.
  18. bryanole27

bryanole27 Member

I saw you post that on FB. That's sick, so now we have a 4-yr vert of Hunah...which is all of them:)
    VncentLIFE likes this.
  19. danoeltico

danoeltico Member

I've got an extra vert at home too ;) and a vert of MZ
    VncentLIFE and bryanole27 like this.
  20. DiscLizard

DiscLizard Member

I'd really like to come up from Charlotte for this. So many things I'm lusting after on this list, and it would be refreshing to surround myself with people who enjoy fine brews as much as I do.
    I took the day off work already with the intent to go to the Duckworth's Cask Festival, but I'd much prefer to attend this event! Unfortunately, most of my cellar beers are more recent acquisitions, I'd say the highlights would be the SN BA Bigfoot (x6 stored), Blend 1 (2011) Jolly Pumpkin La Roja, DFH 120 Minute IPA (bottled in May 2007), & Cigar City Ghost Stories (I am but a Padawan amongst Jedis here). I'm considering a trip up to Hardywood in the next couple days to grab some Bourbon Sidamo as well.
  21. danoeltico

danoeltico Member

I was a Padawan just two years ago
  22. DiscLizard

DiscLizard Member

Well, I've been a beer nerd for a long time, but I stopped drinking entirely for a few years, and just got back into things within the past year. So much has changed!
  23. RedneckBeerz

RedneckBeerz Member

You guys ever heard of some shyt called Surly Pentagram? hmmmmmm (and what fn time is this shindig goin down?) ... (I never did find the facebook link duhhhhh)
  24. Bluecane

Bluecane Member

We made it a private event on FB. It says 1230 on there, and I think that sounds good. Disclizard, message me or OP for more info!
  25. DiscLizard

DiscLizard Member

What would you guys like me to bring out of what I've listed?? I was thinking BA Bigfoot, and CCB Ghost Stories, but the third bomber is a wildcard at this point... I'll defer to you guys as to what you'd like me to bring... The 2007 120 Minute IPA is begging to get opened and is likely as boozy at this point as anything we'd be tasting. If it followed the trend of the 2007 Burton Baton I recently had, then it will be a big Barleywine flavor by now.

Edit to add bottles: 2013 Sexual Chocolate, 2013 La Folie, 2010 Burton Baton, 2012 Bigfoot, Great Lakes BA Siren Noire, & Mikkeller Beer Geek Breakfast. Additionally, I can get growlers of NoDa, Triple C, or Birdsong beers as requested. Unfortunately I don't think BA Up All Night has been released yet.
    None of my bottles are off limits, let me know what you guys would prefer.
  26. RedneckBeerz

RedneckBeerz Member

Bring a hooker, 2 midgets, and a donkey ..... and the shyt will be on .lol
    brother_kenneth and flipdog0 like this.
  27. DiscLizard

DiscLizard Member

Got the donkey and midgets covered, but I need more than a weeks time to std screen potential hookers.
  28. VncentLIFE

VncentLIFE Member

who said anything about STD screens?
    brother_kenneth likes this.
  29. Tiger33

Tiger33 Member

Okay gentleman after a good night drinking over the weekend and some careful persuasion from myself and apaisncsu I think we finally convinced my girl that there could be absolutely nothing more important than going to a Sunday bottle share/birthday celebration. That is assuming there is still room? If so hit me up with the list so I can see what I should bring.

30. bryanole27

bryanole27 Member

My girlfriend will be excited to know she isn't the only one there:)
  31. RedneckBeerz

RedneckBeerz Member

Do I have to continue to post ... Bring a Hooker, Two Midgets, and a Donkey (you young suns uh beaches just DON'T LISTEN)
  32. Tiger33

Tiger33 Member

For you my friend I'll bring two donkeys and maybe a Thai hooker but that's it.
  33. RedneckBeerz

RedneckBeerz Member

Thai hookers ??? Crinkling up nose ...... only if they can cook really good HOT Thai foodz.
  34. danoeltico

danoeltico Member

Had to hand growler my other CCB beer I'm bringing as they wouldn't fill it for me, no guarantee on the quality from the hand growlering but boy was it amazing!
  35. DiscLizard

DiscLizard Member

Very excited for this. My birthday was yesterday, but I'm extending my birthday week through Sunday for this occasion.
  36. VncentLIFE

VncentLIFE Member

OK I think Im capping the event at the current set of people. Its getting almost too big, but you can never have too many walez right?

A couple things to think about as were inching closer:

1) I have alot of glassware to use, but I wouldnt mind if you brought your own.
    2) There are too many people for every person to have every beer on the list. I know Im passing on things like Black Note and BB4D so that people who havent had it can enjoy it. I know everyone will want pours of things like the Huna vertical and KH, so well just kind of see how that goes when the time comes.
    3) If you bring a bottle, theres a really good chance its getting drank.

And lastly, I know Adam (bluecane) will bring Wheat Thins for himself, but I dont have a ton of food. Last time we had to order pizza, so well have to arrange some kind of food!

I set the time for 1230 so everyone has a slightly higher chance of making it to work Monday morning!

Let me know if you need help getting directions to my place. The address is on the facebook event, but if you havent added in to that yet its 5639 Old Chapel Hill Rd Apt 408 Durham, NC 27707.

Also my phone number is 419 561 0692, just call or text if you need help.

Cant wait to see yall sunday! Cheers, mates.
  37. OSUBeerStudent

OSUBeerStudent Member

Anyone have a spare pitcher for water? Might be a good idea to have one...or two, rather than having everyone try to cross to the sink/bring water bottles.
  38. VncentLIFE

VncentLIFE Member

Ive got two in my fridge now.
  39. bryanole27

bryanole27 Member

Paige and I will be bringing snacks as well as bottles of water for us and our own glasses. We'll also bring some nametags;)
    Bluecane likes this.
  40. bryanole27

bryanole27 Member

Oh, and an extra fold out chair.
    Bluecane likes this.