1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

States getting Goose Island Courbon County Cherry/Coffee

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by Zach136, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Zach136

Zach136 Advocate (560) Georgia Jun 17, 2012

2. just saw this. I'm glad I didn't go nuts and trade away naming rights to my first born top get this in the first round

chrisp450 likes this.
  3. Fantastic. My wallet already hates me, but I'm glad I haven't dug into the cellar to chase Cherry!

bradfordjohnson likes this.
  4. Any news on when this will start hitting these out-of-state markets?

5. fvernon

fvernon Savant (370) Wisconsin Mar 1, 2010

glad to see GI has forgiving the state of indiana

6. Preluderl

Preluderl Savant (350) Pennsylvania Sep 27, 2012

I'd be interested to know WHERE in Pennsylvania you can get this because I've certainly never seen it in the western part of the state.

7. beerborn

beerborn Savant (345) Georgia Jan 22, 2012

I've seen posting with the price ranging between $13-$22/4pk... So living in Pittsburgh that means I should plan on $35+/4pk... if they don't break them down to $10/bottle which would be no surprise.

ISO: either one? FT: Mad Elf/Brooklyn BCS? my hopes

8. Axic10

Axic10 Savant (425) New Jersey Mar 15, 2008

It's never been released to PA before this year.

9. Preluderl

Preluderl Savant (350) Pennsylvania Sep 27, 2012

Well then I wait in anticipation. :D

10. joshrosborne

joshrosborne Savant (290) Michigan Jun 14, 2010

If I get Cherry, I'll be happy. I've managed to find Coffee the past couple years, so I'll let someone else have a go at it this year.

deadonhisfeet likes this.
  11. iwantmorehops

iwantmorehops Savant (335) Vermont Sep 25, 2010

Still no sight of regular bcbs in vt, I'll believe it when I see it....

SupremePie, franklinn and chippo33 like this.
  12. Are you referring to regular BCBS? Bourbon County Coffee and Cherry Rye only come in 22oz bombers FYI...

13. fvernon

*forgiven

14. krl2112

krl2112 Advocate (575) Illinois Nov 10, 2012

Neither comes in 4pks. These are only in 22 oz bombers usually for $20-$24 each.

15. beerborn

Yes the regular BCBS...its the first time (that I am aware) it has come to my aware. As for the Cherry it will be the first time as well, the price for those I dare not even try to guess. I can only imagine what it'll be. If KBS rides in at $19/bottle Cherry Rye can only be.... $ hell $.

16. beerborn

Re-reading I see that it was Cherry/Coffee...not regular BCBS

17. Axic10

Axic10 Savant (425) New Jersey Mar 15, 2008

KBS at $19/bottle? I'd find a new bottle shop.

18. Just to help set expectations, the liquor store that moves the most amount of Goose Island beer in the world got 1 cast of Cherry Rye. 12 bottles. Total (a couple people got in line: http://beerpulse.com/2012/11/line-f...ffee-stout-release-wraps-around-liquor-store/). Over in the Great Lakes forum, people have been estimating that Chicagoland got 100 cases total. Other states will, presumably, be getting much less. Happy hunting!

19. printer1

printer1 Aficionado (235) Iowa Aug 29, 2005

Iowa is supposed to get 4 cases the end of December. Will be a tough find.

20. dvelcich

dvelcich Savant (340) Illinois Feb 6, 2008

Glad to see 20 other states will be disappointed to not find any Cherry.

seplo, PDZ, profbobo and 1 other person like this.
  21. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poobah (1,135) Wyoming Sep 14, 2002

I'll be happy to get any of the Goose Island beers here..in March. I've already tried a lot of the big boys...:rolleyes:

22. Ri0

Ri0 Champion (945) Wisconsin Jul 1, 2012

WHAR Cherry in WI, WHAR?

23. Sad that FL isn't on the list but, when I visit my hometown in Delaware in February, hopefully I'll be able to find some.

MagillaGriller likes this.
  24. Ditto! I think House of 1000 Beers in Pittsburgh had regular BCBS for a case, which sold out in 3 hours or so. Everyone else I ask about it all up the western side of PA says they've been denied distribution thus far ("Not for this market yet").

25. Umm, seeing as how the NH state liquor commission pulled the plug on BCBS, I wouldn't count on the state getting any Coffee either. Sorry Beer Pulse.

26. fredmugs

fredmugs Champion (845) Indiana Aug 11, 2012

Clue me in. What did our bass ackwards state do?

27. jRocco2021

jRocco2021 Savant (395) Wisconsin Mar 13, 2010

Can anyone confirm if DE got any Regular BCBS? I have a trading partner their who cant seem to find it he said a distributor told him they weren't getting any. and if that's true why put DE on this list as well?

28. fvernon

well, just rumors, but last year indiana was looked over for basically all major GI releases (coffee, bramble, and kh) - the thought being that we were denied distribution as punishment for rejecting GI's applications to have vendor tents set up at both the super bowl and indy 500 last year (those tents were given to local indiana breweries like sunking and upland instead)

fredmugs likes this.
  29. pwoody11

pwoody11 Savant (480) Delaware Nov 23, 2009

I was told it was coming to DE, but have not seen any and have not heard of any being around. I may have just missed the boat somehow though.

30. I want you to know how much I appreciate this kind of thinking. I also occasionally pass on a hard-to-find beer that I've had numerous times so that someone else can get an opportunity to try it. Now I don't have a problem with hoarding (if you don't buy what you can when you can, you may miss out), but I believe the Beer Gods smile on this kind of generosity. Here's hoping some good karma comes your way...

31. :( what about washington

32. jRocco2021

jRocco2021 Savant (395) Wisconsin Mar 13, 2010

It just seems weird to me they would keep saying their going to distribute it their but then not. Maybe GI just likes to tease DE.

33. MagillaGriller

MagillaGriller Savant (315) Aug 20, 2012

Flo...fl...f,f...fuck. Send Arkansas beer to Florida please.

34. rodlavers

rodlavers Savant (435) Pennsylvania Jun 20, 2012

it would be amazing if any bcbs came to DE.

35. Shit pisses me off. Couldnt find a single bottle of cherry rye here in chicagoland :(

oh well, At least someone will get to enjoy it!

36. brian44556

brian44556 Savant (275) Kentucky Aug 29, 2009

LB Springhurst recieved a case of the Coffee last week. Still looking for the Cherry.

37. BeastLU

BeastLU Advocate (530) Virginia Dec 20, 2012

Got the coffee in VA, no sign of the cherry yet. Hope it does end up here.

38. DanielNicholson

DanielNicholson Disciple (60) Texas Aug 17, 2012

We've been getting some Goose down in TX, wish they would send down some BCBS Variations