1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

States That Will Be Receiving Goose Island BCBS This Year - List

Discussion in 'Beer Trading General / Help' started by MarkIntihar, Sep 13, 2012.

1. OSUBeerStudent

OSUBeerStudent Member

ISO: someone complaining about the InBev takeover on principle who won't take buy any BCBS in the 31-32 states that will get it. The whitest of whales.
  2. BigTomZ

BigTomZ Member

That doesn't mean we'll be able to actually buy it. I live in NoVA and usually strike out on the limited releases. Even with both VA and DC to work with I've not scored any limited releases in quite a long time. I'll try like always but I'm not getting my hopes up. Maybe if I didn't have to work every day I could score these beers.
  3. Duffman929

Duffman929 Member

I feel like I should put out an ISO for BCBS to be cool. If anyone wants to join, let me know. I'm thinking 10 4-packs for a BlÄbaer or 12 4-packs for Bourbon Vanilla DL. Then, I can be a true Beer Advocate!
  4. UCLABrewN84

UCLABrewN84 Member

Magnificent.
    MarkIntihar likes this.
  5. Agold

Agold Member

I was wondering where all those people went. Presumably in states that never got bcbs before, but now that they do they will just pretend they never disowned GI.
  6. beerhan

beerhan Member

This reminds me of when 120 minute disappeared for a year. Everyone got real excited and then it is once again available year round and the madness ceased (in states without a pointless abv cap at least). Hopefully I'm right and when there is enough to go around it will be the almost year round beer it was.
  7. xnicknj

xnicknj Member

i wonder what the odds are of finding a case. probably slim, but i feel like anything short of that won't be enough. ;)
    apocalypsezombie likes this.
  8. ChadQuest

ChadQuest Member

See this is why you and i are different, i would have made a list of all the states that wont get to enjoy any BCS.
    abecall98, black13, yamar68 and 2 others like this.
  9. cmhs4au

cmhs4au Member

Apparently these areas of VA will not be getting BCS unless the distributor has not been informed of the fact that they are getting an extremely desired beer in their area. Its possible I could be wrong but i talked to some people this morning who are fairly well informed with the distribution system and this is what i have heard. Crossing my fingers that I am wrong.
    ALL GLOUCESTER (CO)
    ALL HAMPTON (IC)
    ALL JAMES CITY (CO)
    ALL MATHEWS (CO)
    ALL NEWPORT NEWS (IC)
    ALL POQUOSON (IC)
    ALL WILLIAMSBURG (IC) GWYNNS ISLAND AND THE MILITARY INSTALLATIONS LOCATED WITHIN THESE AREAS
    ALL YORK (CO)
  10. TheBishopco

TheBishopco Member

Tennessee?!? Really? Not to hate on this, but why are Arkansas and Missouri not getting any when they have had GI disrtibution longer. Why would they send it to a new account and not to an already established market?
  11. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Member

Clearly you need some economics learnin'. Same reason they distributed no KH to Indiana and instead sent all ours to NY. Flood the new market with awesome and gain customer base. Simple.
  12. TheBishopco

TheBishopco Member

See, I'm in Econ 101 this semester and we haven't covered that yet. ;-)

I guess it makes sense. But I guess I'm a bit more old school in my thoughts about rewarding loyal/long term customers first. Oh well. I have family in TN. I should still be able to get some.
  13. Hanzo

Hanzo Member

So......just those cities aren't getting it? That works for me.
  14. richardflyr

richardflyr Member

Where is my dislike button?!
  15. Hanzo

Hanzo Member

Am I misunderstanding what he is saying? I assume since Va Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake etc aren't listed that we'll still be able to get it in our general area right?
  16. jlflorance

jlflorance Member

Oh, how I enjoy your comments sir!!
  17. richardflyr

richardflyr Member

Haha, I am just giving you crap, since my area seems to always get the short end of the beer distro...
    Hanzo likes this.
  18. ncaudle

ncaudle Member

but you're in that sweet spot of 30ish minutes away from both the Richmond and Tidewater dist regions
    Hanzo likes this.
  19. richardflyr

richardflyr Member

Fair point!