Staying in/around Poperinge or Vleteren (read on)

Discussion in 'Belgium' started by atomeyes, Apr 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atomeyes

atomeyes Initiate (0) Jul 13, 2011 Canada (ON)

Hey,
    i'm hoping to be in Belgium for June.
    Trying to find good resources for finding a place to stay/rent for all of June. Ideally, it would be somewhere near Poperigne.
    And no, let's not let this get into a discussion of other places to stay in Belgium :slight_smile:

hoping you guys had some help. thanks

2. Heretic42

Heretic42 Initiate (0) Aug 31, 2011 Texas

There are a couple of places on Airbnb and others somewhat nearby. I'm not as familiar with other vacation rental sites, but you'll likely have some more options on those as well.

3. ManforallSaisons

ManforallSaisons Maven (1,480) Mar 20, 2008 Belgium

I know someone who rents out guest houses, little 3-bedroom cottages in the country near Poperinge. Too big for you? I can find out details if it seems relevant. I don't remember offhand exactly where it was because it was more than 10 years ago. But I can find out fairly readily, I just need to ask my friend who's family member has the place

4. Tut

Tut Initiate (0) Sep 23, 2004 New York

No info. for a place to stay, but consider booking a cheap hotel room for a few days and then talking to locals in Poperinge about a longer term rental. I've used this strategy many times in my world travels. I've always found a less expensive option to what's available online. Plan on renting a good bike for the duration. The region is prime biking country and it will be essential to your experience.

5. atomeyes

it may be too big, but i'd be happy to find out more info..

6. atomeyes

that's a thought, but it may be an expensive thing to do if i don't have success

7. HopBelT

HopBelT Grand Pooh-Bah (3,575) Mar 18, 2014 Belgium
    Super Mod Pooh-Bah Society Trader

shnsajax and uturn like this.
  8. Tut

Tut Initiate (0) Sep 23, 2004 New York

There is an element of risk, but I've never had difficulty. Local offices and word of mouth turn up places not advertised out of the area.

Try this link and set for Canadian dollar -https://www.tripping.com/rentals?currency=usd&search-filter-bedrooms-options=0&search-filter-bathrooms-options=0&sort=search-sort-price-asc&search-filter-type-options=Any&search-filter-show-without-price=checked&search-filter-price-range=10%3B100000&search-filter-trip-numguests=1&search-filter-keywords=&search-filter-radius-distance=5&bounds=&search-input=Poperinge%2C+Belgium&rental-type=&lat=50.8549596&long=2.7267929&radius=

#8 Tut, Apr 27, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  9. atomeyes

thanks.
    not a lot there and most is unavailable. plus it ends up being over $2000/month. yikes.

10. atomeyes

11. HopBelT

HopBelT Grand Pooh-Bah (3,575) Mar 18, 2014 Belgium
    Super Mod Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Mail them, and explain you will stay for a month. Then they will surely make some kind of deal with you...

12. trevorjk

trevorjk Initiate (0) Aug 28, 2009 Netherlands

Still looking :stuck_out_tongue:

atomeyes likes this.
  13. atomeyes

hey man,
    a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do in order to do what a man wants to do

14. ManforallSaisons

Finally... With apologies and thinking that you must've already worked this out. Still, fwiw:
    http://www.tenuytkante.be ... in Dutch but you might be able to call in English, or else I can play messenger.

atomeyes likes this.
  15. ManforallSaisons

I'll see my friend (niece of the owner) this week, in case you want to pass along a detailed question or inquiry.

atomeyes likes this.
  16. jesus_man

jesus_man Devotee (349) May 8, 2015 North Dakota

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.