1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Steve Hindy announces sale of his voting shares in Brooklyn Brewery

Discussion in 'Beer News' started by Todd, May 5, 2012.

1. Todd

Todd Founder (1,440) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

We heard this was coming last year, but fellow BeerAdvocate member and BA mag columnist Andy Crouch just confirmed via Twitter from the Craft Brewers Conference in San Diego, CA.

Hindy co-founded Brooklyn Brewery in 1987 and gave the keynote at the CBC on May 3rd where he dished out some jabs at flavored malt beverages, cider and the Brewers Association's definition of a craft brewer.

http://brooklynbrewery.com
  2. billandsuz

billandsuz Savant (390) New York Sep 1, 2004

does this mean Hindy won't be bitching about the difficulties of being a tiny ma and pa brewery in the rough world of the big city? the industry where his biz is a top 20 player? ever since his brewery went hat in hand crying about how expensive it is to operate in Brooklyn... well, cry me a river.

so long as GA stays put everything will be fine. let Hindy take his well earned mountain of cash to a far off island. i imagine he is a good guy and probably just as nice as any other brewer. if Brooklyn Brewery were to recieve government money, would he send me a rebate for a sixer?
    didn't think so.
    Chaz likes this.
  3. sounds like the transfer is as close to staying in the family it can be without literally being family

sons of an original investor, who already own half the founders shares, buying out the other founder, and the new owners are currently the GM and sales manager