1. The BeerAdvocate Store is back! Pre-order your stuff now. Items begin shipping Dec 15. Christmas deadline = Dec 18 @ 5pm EST.
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Stillwater Artisanal Ales

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by SeaOfShells, Jan 31, 2013.

1. For the price point I have had too many misses to try more.

2. jimmy666

jimmy666 Aficionado (230) Maryland Jun 20, 2010

[quote="johnmichaelsen,

There may be plenty of good reasons why Stillwater beers are so expensive (I haven't heard them yet, at least not to my satisfaction), but that doesn't make my wallet feel any better when I'm forced to plunk down $11 or $12 for a 11.2 ounce stubbie of the Now and Then project.[/quote] For some reason I pictured 2 hipsters in skinny jeans pulling up in a car blaring techno music swinging limp wristed at you until you bought some stillwater :)

bstill likes this.
  3. I thought that the PVW Ba Folklore was one of the beers I had all of last year. Great Chocolate malt character with a bourbon vanilla undertone in the finish. The of love and regret is my favorite sasion out there. It has a great floral notes and a easy food friendly taste.

4. Wow I'm surprised at those prices. At my store Cellar Door, As Follows and Stateside are $9.99/750ml and Table Beer and Premium are 9.49/750ml. I thought the last two, both Brett beers, were fantastic.

5. I have wanted to try Table Beer, but I haven't seen it around Annapolis. I think Premium is very good, but it's $12.99 'round my parts. Not a regular staple in my fridge.

6. Carrman

Carrman Disciple (60) Maryland Dec 20, 2012

If you poke around on the "ofloveandregret" website, it looks like they are going to start selling 4 packs of their beer.

bstill likes this.
  7. Hopefully we will see Evil Twin and Stillwater prices dropping now that they are doing some contract brewing at the new brewery in Stratford, CT (Two Roads Brewing) I believe they will be releases four packs through the US now of their main beers (not sure which).

but on that note. I don't like any Stillwater beer besides Cellar Door.

8. I had a bottle of Existent early on in my beer awakening and it remains one of my favorites of the Farmhouse style. Don't recall what I paid then (it couldn't have been that bad if I bought it at the time) though its price locally has kept me away.