1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Stillwater officially brewed in CT?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by chippo33, Jul 11, 2013.

1. chippo33

chippo33 Advocate (580) Vermont Feb 29, 2012

I know Stillwater brews all around the country and the world, but is always labeled from MD. I know his bottles are coming out of CT, but now all of his kegs say brewed and packaged in CT. Has anyone heard if this is new home base?
  2. As long as cellar door still comes in 12oz bottles and is available where I live I am happy. Where its made I do not know.

Enjoy
  3. I think a bunch of the guys that 12% Imports does brews and bottles/can at Two Roads from what I've heard.
  4. I do believe that Two Roads is contract brewing for Stillwater and Evil Twin. Maybe others as well?
    ShogoKawada and Trevdawg like this.
  5. Two roads in Stratford is handling Stillwater and City Steam and many more
  6. alexr379

alexr379 Disciple (50) Connecticut Apr 24, 2013

Two Roads Brewing in Stratford does 4pks for Stillwater and Evil Twin. The bombers are done elsewhere. They also contract City Steam, Fire Island, and more that haven't officially been released yet.
  7. chippo33

chippo33 Advocate (580) Vermont Feb 29, 2012

Two Roads must do all Stillwater kegs as well since all the cellar door, stateside, and existent kegs say brewed and kegged in Stratford, CT. Does this mean that we can add Stillwater to the list of contracted out beers, or does Brian actually brew it at Two Roads?
  8. bstill

bstill Aficionado (160) Maryland Nov 29, 2005

yup.. i have moved majority of my production to Two Roads so I could increase production & decrease the price to the consumer.. brewing on a larger scale allows me to do that.. I'm heading up there next week to brew Classique for canning!!
  9. I have recently purchased four-packs of both Cellar Door and Stateside Saison (both were brewed at Two Roads in CT). Both the Cellar Door and Stateside Saison were very tasty and at 10 bucks a four-pack I very much appreciate the ‘affordability’ of these beers.

Cheers to Brian & Two Roads Brewing!
  10. alexr379

alexr379 Disciple (50) Connecticut Apr 24, 2013

No, the Two Roads brewers make it.

11. You sure about that?