1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Stone 10th Anniversary Ruination returning in June

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by GodlessWatermelon, Apr 25, 2013.

1. DanK4

DanK4 Aficionado (240) Maine Jan 17, 2012

Awwww yeaaaaaaa.
  2. People will complain it isn't as hoppy as the first release.
  3. olfolxholme

olfolxholme Savant (285) California Feb 13, 2011

Is this where we start voting for "Ruination Anniversary IPA" instead of "RuinTen IPA" ?

I loved the crap out of this beer and can't wait to have it again, even if it is a little different... and even if they give it a lame name like "RuinTen" :)
    sbuysse likes this.
  4. JohnnyMc

JohnnyMc Savant (425) Ohio Feb 14, 2012

Just heard the rumor the other night and I'm beyond excited that it's true!!! Ever since the first release (and me drinking 7 bottles) I have been praying, hoping and imagining this would happen!!! Thank you Stone! Thank you beer gods!!! Wooohooooo!!! I'm so pumped!!!
    RichFellows likes this.
  5. Yeah, my Stone rep had said she couldn't confirm or deny it when I asked her a few days ago. Glad to see some official confirmation.
  6. Apom

Apom Disciple (60) South Carolina Mar 30, 2013

Hope to get some of this I just tried my first stone ruination and it was awesome. Heard this one is that much better.
  7. NYRfan4ever

NYRfan4ever Savant (250) New Jersey Oct 30, 2009

Epic Awesomeness!!!
  8. assman79

assman79 Savant (430) Wisconsin May 30, 2009

Very impressive bulge after hearing this.
    RichFellows and mroberts1204 like this.
  9. CMUbrew

CMUbrew Savant (425) Michigan Jan 27, 2012

"We dropped the word “Tenth” but the decidedly indelicate recipe is the same as the one first unleashed in 2012." "Ruination 10th anniversary - recipe change?" - future thread title
    fmccormi and iHEARTbeer247 like this.
  10. BrettHead

BrettHead Advocate (525) Nebraska Sep 18, 2010

Lol, the stone guy I talked to said, "yep, I've heard those rumors too". But wouldn't confirm it officially.

Congratulations on your promotion Jason!
    TheBushman likes this.
  11. BlueRogue

BlueRogue Advocate (615) Maine May 1, 2011

I'm really happy they're making more of this. Now I just hope they'll do the Espresso IRS again. I only got two bottles and just drank my 2nd one this evening. I need more! I think 10th Anni Ruination and Espresso IRS are my two favorite Stone beers.
    FarmingtonRiver likes this.
  12. Jake1605

Jake1605 Initiate (0) Missouri Nov 24, 2009

I wish that they would rebrew the 14th anniversary.....
  13. Yes, looking forward to this. Missed out on it last year, hoping to redeem myself this year!
  14. Mersh

Mersh Advocate (540) Connecticut Mar 10, 2013

Missed this when it originally landed. Anyone have the faintest idea if it will make it's way to CT?
  15. kvgomps

kvgomps Savant (335) Massachusetts Feb 10, 2013

New Mexico, for weeks.
  16. Cvescalante

Cvescalante Savant (400) Texas Dec 24, 2012

This brings a tear of joy to my eye.. Oh happy days..

On top of that, I'm hoping that they do it exactly the same, since they're naming it after last year's anniversary. If so, I'll start celebrating right now!
  17. Sometime Mid to late June if all goes well.

Cheers
    Mersh likes this.
  18. Dan_Bowman

Dan_Bowman Aficionado (245) Ohio Apr 11, 2010

I was a big fan of the 16th Anniversary. 10% Lemon IPA!
    fmccormi, JohnnyMc and mwrecording like this.
  19. Stone, skip the Tenth Anniversary Ruination, and brew the real Tenth Anniversary! Oh, great avatar GodlessWatermelon!
    bobhits likes this.
  20. Rainier

Rainier Savant (270) California Dec 20, 2012

$20 bux this is going to be a less hoppy enjoy by
  21. Looking forward to this since I'll be back in the states for a bit in June/July. What I want to know is; What will the 17th Anniv Ale be?
  22. Wasn't able to get this last year...sighting this one up for this year now!!
    Hotmetal1 likes this.
  23. mrw1zard

mrw1zard Savant (285) Alabama Apr 5, 2013

Really wanted to try the 10th Anniversary. Super excited about this. Can't wait for June!
  24. JohnnyMc

I take it you didn't have any last year? You have nothing to worry about in the hops department.
    skinsfan, fmccormi and SUBER like this.
  25. oldschool9

oldschool9 Aficionado (220) Ohio Dec 20, 2010

Great IPA! So much Citra and bitterness on this one. I seriously thought I was eating a hop pellet when drinking this one, but in a good way. I had a bottle of this about 3 weeks ago, yes I aged one, and it was a alcohol bomb. Going to drink all of this years fresh; was fun to try aged though, even made a video of it lol. Cheers!
    JohnnyMc likes this.
  26. I love that stone likes to listen to us. If people love it, why wouldn't you do it again? Other breweries should take notice.
  27. JohnnyMc

Agreed!!! AND as an added bonus they bottle date! It would be great if everyone did this :) Takes the guessing out of aging and buying fresh.
    FarmingtonRiver likes this.
  28. Rainier

Rainier Savant (270) California Dec 20, 2012

Yes, cuz I was underaged then.
  29. JohnnyMc

Got ya. Well no worries my friend! If you enjoy Enjoy By (yes, I went there) then you will love Ruination Anniversary. Don't get me wrong, they are different but Ruination Anniversary is amazing and I honestly like it more than Enjoy By.
  30. JoEBoBpr

JoEBoBpr Champion (760) Missouri Feb 26, 2004

I love Ruination and I loved this when it was releaed. Cheers to Stone for helping us all out.
    JohnnyMc likes this.
  31. Pahn

Pahn Advocate (695) New York Dec 2, 2009

awesome. stone knows what they're doing with the "one off" (or almost) hoppy beers.

rather see 14th anni done again, or some of the other ones, but honestly i'm not complaining. will grab this on tap and love it.
  32. Bjjhb924

Bjjhb924 Aspirant (45) New York May 8, 2013

I really enjoy the stone ruination IPA, ill be keeping an eye out for this one!
  33. [​IMG]

Still have 2 bottles of these bad boys! Saving for my birthday and...whatever!
  34. jrnyc

jrnyc Advocate (620) New York Mar 21, 2010

This is a crime against humanity!
    MrDave, skinsfan, smithj2154 and 2 others like this.
  35. Its the shit.
  36. Well, OK, I'm in. Let the stalking ritual begin.
  37. Am I the only one who found this beer amazing for the first 6-8oz, only to find it way too sweet and malty for the remainder of the Bomber? Can't beat the pricing, for the record. But I think I'll pay the wee bit extra $$ and buy fresh SIMTRA or Hop Shortage....

Cheers!
  38. dar482

dar482 Advocate (670) New York Mar 9, 2007

You should learn about having your IPAs fresh...
  39. Eduk8traz

Eduk8traz Aficionado (185) Arizona Nov 13, 2010

Oh hell yeah. I love this beer.