1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Stone 10th Anniversary Ruination returning in June

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by GodlessWatermelon, Apr 25, 2013.

1. olfolxholme

olfolxholme Savant (285) California Feb 13, 2011

Everybody is jumping down your beer-lovin' throat right now, I know, I know... but I'd like to know how many bottles of this you had BEFORE deciding to cellar two. I don't think you're crazy... Not yet, anyway. ;-)
  2. Whiskeydeez

Whiskeydeez Savant (440) Kansas Jan 23, 2012

Really awesome DIPA
  3. Just had one on Cinco de Mayo...2013! It was fuckin great! You should learn not all IPAs are created equal...and don't believe everything you read!
    jRocco2021 and TMoney2591 like this.
  4. I was lucky enough to get 6. Then I found 3 sitting on the shelf in Spartanburg, SC a couple of months ago. So I didn't cellar any...just got lucky. But I did cellar a 2012 Hopslam sixer and had one last month....still top notch! I do know many IPAs don't keep, but I also know SOME hold up quite well.
    jRocco2021 likes this.
  5. olfolxholme

olfolxholme Savant (285) California Feb 13, 2011

Well, by cellar I meant "still have some" :)

I have had an AMAZING experience with a 2+ year old bottle of Avery Maharaja, so I can totally believe that you had a great experience with 1 year old Ruination Ten. If I can, I will try to pick up enough bottles to try the experiment myself.
  6. steebo777

steebo777 Advocate (535) Michigan Jun 30, 2009

7. JohnnyMc and smithj2154 like this.
  8. JohnnyMc

JohnnyMc Savant (425) Ohio Feb 14, 2012

I know what I'm doing on 06.17.13..........
    DropDead and smithj2154 like this.
  9. McDiddyPop

McDiddyPop Savant (265) Florida Feb 9, 2008

Any CA/SD locals know if stuff like this sits around the brewery for a few days before selling out? My wife and I are honeymooning in Cali and we plan to visit the brewery on the 21st. Hope I get to try it.
  10. Got this on preorder.....and some more Enjoy By.
  11. BrettHead

BrettHead Advocate (525) Nebraska Sep 18, 2010

Believe it or not I was talking to a stone rep and he explained that Stone employees have been "lobbying" for Greg to re-brew "Ten" (as he said it is called in-house) ever since the first release. So maybe it has more to do with them loving it than us :-D
    FarmingtonRiver likes this.
  12. sacrelicio

sacrelicio Initiate (0) Minnesota Feb 15, 2005

Balls, prepare yourselves to be dipped.
  13. They listen and will turn a one and done into a yearly event or every other year. Lucky Bastard and Sublimely Self Righteous to name a few others.
    Eriktheipaman likes this.
  14. bobhits

bobhits Savant (455) Kentucky Oct 31, 2006

Bring back 10th anniversary first!
    Kendo and LeeMarvin like this.
  15. bobhits

bobhits Savant (455) Kentucky Oct 31, 2006

wow...how is the possible? Call me crazy but a year old bottle of that I considered worthy of a 1.0 on BA. It was beyond the worst beer I'd ever had. But maybe it was in a fridge or something? Cause wow that beer makes me want to vomit after 6 months!
  16. KiMiRaiK

KiMiRaiK Initiate (0) Washington Dec 24, 2012

Thank you baby jesus...
    FarmingtonRiver and GetMeAnIPA like this.
  17. I was not around for this release last year but for those that got their bottles (especially in Chi), how was it purchasing this? Was it easy to get like Enjoy By or was it madness and if I go to the store after work on Monday it will be gone type of situation?

18. Nice to see that I'm not the only one who loved that beer. It's still my favorite of the anniversary beers.

But having said that--last year's 10th Ruination was my favorite beer release last year. Not to take anything away from the Enjoy By, because that's another of my favorites, but the 10th Ruination was special (and way better than the 16th). I'm going to get as much of this stuff as I can this time.
  19. Mjmoser

Mjmoser Savant (410) Illinois May 6, 2012

Definitely didn't sit around like Enjoy By. Sold pretty quick. Given how freakin awesome this beer is, I wouldn't doubt it will be gone from stores same day.
  20. alucard6679

alucard6679 Savant (260) Arizona Jul 29, 2012

Maybe he just wants to see how well they hold up. He said two left, so I'm assuming he started out with more.

Either way, I'm sure it'll be an experience : )
  21. Thanks for the heads up, not the answer I was hoping for lol
    Let the chasing begin!
  22. JohnQ

JohnQ Aficionado (125) California Jul 7, 2012

Big fan of Ruination although it's not as good as I used to think.However I never got to try any of the 10th last year.And I also have only had Enjoy By at Boneshakers once.Never have I seen a bottle of either.So while I can hope I don't really expect to be able to get/try any way out here in Podunk Sacramento.

Sad too because Stone was one of the first breweries that helped me "discover" west coast IPA.
  23. CANT WAIT * Bart Scott Voice *
  24. mtskier

mtskier Savant (255) Illinois Feb 23, 2013

Sooo, its June... Anyone have a more specific release date for this? Missed out the first time around, wont make that mistake again.
  25. drbenzo

drbenzo Savant (365) California Jul 13, 2005

June 17
    JohnnyMc likes this.
  26. mtskier

mtskier Savant (255) Illinois Feb 23, 2013

Thanks!
  27. Obsidian

Obsidian Savant (305) California Dec 9, 2012

According to one of the guys at Stone's Company Store in Oceanside, Ruin10 will be an annual release, once every June.
  28. BeerBeast

BeerBeast Savant (440) Florida Oct 9, 2012

Very true! I was over at a friend's place a week ago, and he says, "Hey, I have a bottle of Enjoy By, do you want to drink it?" And I'm like, "WTF dude, hell yeah!" thinking that it's the May version. He proceeds to pull out a bottle of the FEBRUARY release! Whatadick! Regardless, it was still very good!
  29. bud914

bud914 Aficionado (140) New York Dec 6, 2008

Ruination, the beer that really started it all for me. And driving my wife crazy with my beer obsession just makes me love this beer more and more.
    Christopper likes this.
  30. mxchap

mxchap Savant (340) California Aug 30, 2012

I bought several bottles at a Total Wine in Roseville CA this past weekend.
    SO it's out and about some places already.
  31. It's gonna be at least a month until it hits here in MD. It takes forever for Stone special releases to hit here.
  32. I asked at my go-to chain store and he said they are getting it this week but he read me the letter from the distributor asking 100 times to wait until Monday to sell because that's the national date. I can respect that a store is willing to do what Stone asks =/
  33. daepnyc

daepnyc Initiate (20) May 23, 2013

Will be waiting in line for this if need be
  34. sukwonee

sukwonee Advocate (540) Washington Dec 13, 2011

I picked up a bottle at a local whole foods just now :)
  35. Which one? ;)
  36. what about NJ?
  37. sukwonee

sukwonee Advocate (540) Washington Dec 13, 2011

Sorry, I am in Seattle. I found some at Whole Foods Westlake. Also saw some at Total Wine Bellevue.
  38. Oisin

Oisin Aficionado (205) California Oct 14, 2005

Indeed!

Unfortunately, as more people come to love craft beer there is less people clamoring for earlier releases like 10th Anniversary to be re-released. I think if IPA fans could get a taste of the insanity of hops that was 10th Anniversary, then more people would be demanding it.