1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Stone BW XIII

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by waltersrj, Nov 1, 2012.

1. waltersrj

waltersrj Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2010

This beer is really getting better! The hops are dying out and the malt has become nicely complex with a great coffee taste that lingers at the finish. Now I'm kind of sad I only have one left. I was opening one every few months to see if it had transformed. Guess I did it too often lol. Really tasting great now.

Cheers,
    Ryan
    NWer and Enish266 like this.
  2. draheim

draheim Poobah (1,015) Washington Sep 18, 2010

Welcome news. After that other thread about ropy goo I was a little worried.
    I think I have five more in the cellar, I'm going to take my sweet time getting to them.
    Cheers!
  3. Refresh my memory. What's the style/ingredients? All of the BW beers get confusing.
  4. NWer

NWer Advocate (635) Washington Mar 10, 2009

I was hoping that would be the case. I've liked it all along and have eight left after giving up a couple as extras in IP trades. I'll hold onto the rest for a while.
  5. draheim

draheim Poobah (1,015) Washington Sep 18, 2010

Style is American Strong Ale. Ingredients are 13 malts and 13 hops.
  6. Oh, right. I didn't buy any of these cuz Hebrew already made the Bar Mitzvah and I wasn't a fan.
  7. kevwcamp

kevwcamp Savant (310) Washington May 13, 2010

Drinking one right now. I'm still not a fan of the smell but it's not as one-dimensional as I remember and the taste is coming together a little more. They should have left out the peated malt, assuming that's the dominant smell/taste I'm still getting. I am going to wait 6 -12 months before I open another.

Fortunately it's not overly sweet, which is a problem I usually have with the Hebrew Jewbelation beers (vertical Jewbelation was the welcome exception).