1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Stone Dayman coffee IPA in co

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by heyduke, Mar 23, 2013.

1. heyduke

heyduke Aficionado (170) Colorado Jan 14, 2011

Anyone seen this in Colorado yet?
  2. I inquired about this today at a descent store in Denver and was told that "if it's coming it should be next week." Seems as though there's not much of it by the looks of the Pacific forums on here. Hope to at least try it myself.
  3. Anyone have any updates on this?
  4. We'll see it next week.
    nolimitnsb likes this.
  5. ArrogantB

ArrogantB Advocate (700) Colorado Jun 9, 2006

Drinking one now, it's great!
    SalukiAlum and ssteigerwald like this.
  6. Doesn't seem like this hit the south side of Denver yet? I haven't seen it at Davidson's, Lukas, Cornerstar, Parker Payless, Grapevine or Chambers yet. Anyone?
  7. I heard it hits tomorrow down south.
    ssteigerwald likes this.
  8. Grapevine's got it now.
  9. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Advocate (595) Colorado Jan 20, 2012

Parker payless has it.
    ssteigerwald likes this.
  10. heyduke

heyduke Aficionado (170) Colorado Jan 14, 2011

Drinking one right now it's pretty tasty!
  11. MarkyMOD

MarkyMOD Advocate (660) Colorado Apr 5, 2012

Came into Boulder today, at least at Boulder Wine.
  12. Kuester

Kuester Aficionado (165) Colorado May 14, 2012

Anyone still seeing any around?
  13. poonamibaxter

poonamibaxter Savant (315) Colorado Jun 26, 2007

Bought one at Lukas yesterday. It wasn't bad or anything but it wasn't real good either. I wouldn't drive across town to buy one.
  14. ArrogantB

ArrogantB Advocate (700) Colorado Jun 9, 2006

Joy has it
  15. Price point?
  16. poonamibaxter

poonamibaxter Savant (315) Colorado Jun 26, 2007

I think $8. I bought a few other things with it.
    arminjewell likes this.
  17. Drinking one right now and really enjoying it. Coffee is balanced and plays well with the hops. Awesome nose on this guy too. I'm surprised by how much I like it, but I am a coffee beer homer.
    SalukiAlum likes this.
  18. SalukiAlum

SalukiAlum Advocate (505) Colorado Dec 19, 2010

I agree, thought combining coffee and hops/IPA was a gamble and wasn't sure what to expect. Once again Stone didn't let me down. Amazing how they pulled the balance off! Not something I would drink often but glad I purchased and drank a few bottles! I'm a coffee beer and Stone homer though too. Now Stone Espresso RIS, take it easy!!! The price point is amazing too, $8!
  19. any idea where I can find this in Parker? Parker Payless sold out in one day.
  20. SalukiAlum

Yeah, they ran out pretty quick here in Ft. Collins luckily I got my 2 bottles. My wife said that a girl at Wilbur's told her another batch was coming in this week. Not sure myself if she swhat she was talking about, but keep an eye out.
  21. FarmerTed

FarmerTed Savant (285) Colorado May 31, 2011

Stone IRS and Espresso IRS are out. I just had some of the espresso one; it was good, but not Big Bad Baptist good.
  22. narayan

narayan Aficionado (170) Georgia Jun 28, 2007

Did Dayman make it up to Ft Collins and already gone? Espresso IRS seems to be everywhere.
  23. SalukiAlum

Yes, I believe Dayman has come and went!
  24. narayan

narayan Aficionado (170) Georgia Jun 28, 2007

Oh well, missed out. How did you like it Steve?
  25. SalukiAlum

I did like it, was a bit surprised. Didn't know what to expect and it was well balanced! Very unique beer like nothing before. I had 2 bottles.
    narayan likes this.
  26. i had to resort to much harder means to get a bottle!!! i found someone on instagram that had posted a photo of it and sorted out a trade of a six pack of my beer!!! i think i finally have a bottle coming my way!
  27. MarkyMOD

MarkyMOD Advocate (660) Colorado Apr 5, 2012

Had this on Sunday, by far the best Stone beer I've had, likely the best coffee beer I've had. I feel like most coffee beers I have (namely stouts and porters) have way too much coffee in them or don't balance well, it's like blam there it is and it probably tastes great, but it's basically the only flavor you're tasting. This beer started off with a medium, delicious, coffee flavor with just a hint of hops and smoothly glided into a citrusplosion of near perfectness with almost no bitterness. Top 50, probably top 25 beers I've ever had. Hope they make this in gigantic batches or they start marketing this as Stone Coffee Enjoy By or maybe Stone Enjoys Coffee.
    Really hope this style starts to take off.
    P.S. With medium notes of whiskey, that blended as well as the hops and coffee did, this may have been the end all beer as far as I'm concerned and whiskey aging is probably my least favorite barrel to put a beer in, for my tastes this would've been heavenly though.