1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Stone Dayman Coffee IPA

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by Ant7780, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Brewer at The Bruery said they've got a Green tea beer on the docket for this year
    fmccormi likes this.
  2. Thecherryman

Thecherryman Initiate (0) Arizona Dec 8, 2010

when is this beer supposed to hit arizona shelves? I want this
  3. PHBoiler

PHBoiler Advocate (540) Illinois Jan 14, 2013

I grabbed two bombers at Two Brothers Roundhouse around lunchtime today. Looked like maybe 20 bottles at best when I was there. They didn't have anything posted about a limit. I'm sure I could have bought them all if I was a hoarder. I called before I went over there and the hostess had no idea what the hell I was even asking about. From the positive reviews this may be my Friday night bomber during March Madness since it's uber fresh now.
  4. Sebowski

Sebowski Savant (295) California Jan 11, 2010

Why does everyone keep pouring coffee into their beer?
    ThatOneGuyMoe and chanokokoro like this.

5. Curb Your Enthusiasm >>>> by such a huge margin it is nearly uncalculable.
    hoppymcgee, Piddmeista, MC6 and 3 others like this.
  6. Best part of wakin up, is ipa coffee in your cup
    BlakeSmith, kemoarps, jcb7472 and 4 others like this.
  7. boogiejon

boogiejon Zealot (80) California Jan 17, 2010

Picked up a few at Whole Foods in south OC. I too was skeptical of the pairing. Although its amber in color, by no means is the Dayman a black IPA. The aromatics are very expressive with dark roast coffee and chocolate notes. The flavor is piney crisp and definitely Citra hop dominated but the coffee makes a strong comeback on the long finish. Given my low expectations, I'm shocked how much I love this beer. If you are lucky enough to find it, do yourself a favor and buy some.
  8. Catchy_Name

Catchy_Name Savant (385) California Dec 21, 2011

CYE joins The Office and even further down the shithole Trailer Park Boys as some of the worst televised attempts at comedy ever.

9. Go watch the Beloved Aunt episode now and try to repeat that stupid shit.
    KFBR392 likes this.
  10. Catchy_Name

I'd put money on it right now it wouldn't be difficult. I've given CYE many chances including most recently when an entire room of me and 5 of my friends watched it and not one of us so much as cracked a smirk at it. Just not my type of humor man, it was very bland.
  11. Ak555667

Ak555667 Savant (260) Illinois Mar 15, 2013

I was at Two brothers around 2 o clock sunday. 2 bottle limit and the Ebel Bros And the guys from stone were autographing bottles. This is an awesome ipa.
  12. Nachos4two

Nachos4two Advocate (545) Illinois Nov 26, 2011

Anyone see this in distro since tap house is sold out?
  13. I picked up 4 bottles at the Pasadena company store along with some 4.20. I can't wait to try one since I'm a smug bastard about my coffee.
  14. It came out on the 18th and it takes about a month to get over here to MD. That is ridiculous. I am still waiting on the Oak-Smoked OG.

15. The Wire (comedies aside, no bias seeing as how I only saw it a few months ago and I live right outside Baltimore.)
  16. MoparGrease

MoparGrease Initiate (0) California Jul 26, 2012

[​IMG]
    Really tasty
    BlakeSmith, jcb7472 and JohnnyMc like this.
  17. GameFreac

GameFreac Savant (410) Georgia Apr 8, 2011

Just found out this is not coming to GA or TN. Boooo.
  18. powz87

powz87 Initiate (0) Illinois Jan 18, 2012

I just had a bottle and I must say it has a lot more coffee out of the bottle than when I had it at two brothers on sunday. Anybody else notice that?
  19. I've been told you needed to grow up with a Jewish mother. I didn't, and I share your opinion on the show.

Also, Stone said on Facebook that the name isn't an Always Sunny reference; it's the counterpart to Aleman's Dunkel, Nightman.
    Slatetank and kemoarps like this.
  20. Cenosillicaphobe

Cenosillicaphobe Savant (360) Maine Jul 24, 2011

-1,000,000,000 cool points
    ESeab and KFBR392 like this.
  21. SoCalers, if you are in the LA/Riverside area, Liquorama in Upland has what looks to be most of a case sitting behind the cash register along with a bunch of Knuckle Sandwich, 4 bottles of Sanctification and a bottle of Supplication. Be warned that they are not cold!

http://www.liquorama.net/
  22. I would personally search this beer out, I had it yesterday and it was the best coffee IPA I have have ever had.
  23. Was just 'okay' to me, but glad I tried it.. tasted really smoky to me?!
  24. alanc

alanc Aficionado (105) California Aug 13, 2009

Count me as part of the minority. It was alright, but expected so much more.
  25. alanc

alanc Aficionado (105) California Aug 13, 2009

Grabbed two today. Hope this is like Noble Aleworks Naughty sauce, cause that beer was WOW good. Such a mind screw drinking a yellow hoppy beer with a coffee roast. From the posted pics this one looks more copper in color.
  26. TheMonkfish

TheMonkfish Initiate (0) Chad Jan 8, 2012

Why uncool, and can cool points be purchased? I'd be willing to trade carbon credits for cool points $4$.
  27. Got two today. Opening one up tomorrow. Looking forward to it.
  28. Cenosillicaphobe

Cenosillicaphobe Savant (360) Maine Jul 24, 2011

Uncool because my penis got soft when I heard it wasn't an Always Sunny thing.
    DevilsCups likes this.
  29. Thanks, I picked up the Supplication and 2 bottles of Dayman. Good price on the Knuckle Sandwich, but I had it on tap and I'm not into malty DIPAs.
  30. Wow, good stuff. Hopefully they re distribute during football season.

[​IMG]
    MattOC likes this.
  31. pitweasel

pitweasel Advocate (545) New York Jun 11, 2007

Coffee IPA doesn't sound at all "outside the box" to me. IPAs are part of Stone's flagship, and coffee beers are wildly popular. Seemed pretty logical that they'd be paired up.

That said, I've never had a chance to try it, and I'm not sure how challenging it would be to make it. So perhaps it's quite the feat to actually pull it off from a production standpoint. But the idea itself? Eh, doesn't strike me as anything earth shattering.
  32. 2beerdogs

2beerdogs Champion (765) California Jan 31, 2005

I didn't pull the trigger on this. It just doesn't sound like a good mix. However, I do like hearing the opinions here.
  33. Schmuck82

Schmuck82 Initiate (0) Texas Nov 13, 2008

I get that foolish (but excellent) song stuck in my head every time I see this thread title come up.
  34. Scalzo

Scalzo Savant (375) Illinois Feb 27, 2012

You must be an awesome person to hang out with
  35. Catchy_Name

Damn right I am.
    Scalzo likes this.
  36. I
    I think you missed the general premise of the post bro - but dynamite insight
  37. tstigz

tstigz Savant (315) Illinois Dec 6, 2010

Two Brothers is legit. I'm eagerly awaiting the firkin release party of this here.
    JuniperJesus likes this.
  38. brewtus

brewtus Savant (355) Ohio Dec 29, 2012

Because the only thing better than beer IS coffee
    flayedandskinned likes this.
  39. MVP09

MVP09 Savant (365) Massachusetts Oct 19, 2012

Wow this stuff is good perfect blend of coffee and ipa. The nose is unique and the beer is super fresh. This and Enjoy By remind me how good Stone is at making ipas
    SalukiAlum and KFBR392 like this.
  40. JohnnyMc

JohnnyMc Savant (425) Ohio Feb 14, 2012

Haha that is the best name ever!