1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Stone Dayman Coffee IPA

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by Ant7780, Jan 3, 2013.

1. costcrew04

costcrew04 Disciple (50) California Feb 19, 2013

Yes I just had it yesterday. The place I had it was serving it waaaay to cold so I had to let it sit for a good while with my hands over the glass. It really tested my patience to just sit there talking with my brother and not drink any of it. It is SO GOOD! It throws you off because it's so rich in color but the hop presence is strong. The after taste to me is what gave it a heavy coffee taste. I was quite pleased. I would love to have a case of this. My brother is a rep for Stone and is having a hard time getting his hands on this for his personal use. I am hoping he will work things out :)
    SalukiAlum likes this.
  2. Had it last weekend and it was great. At first i did not know what to expect from the beer but it was a great mix between some coffee and a IPA. It's something different and stone/aleman/two brothers did a great job with the beer.
  3. ewhugh

ewhugh Aficionado (120) Colorado Nov 16, 2012

It was much better than expected. Would defiantly drink again.
  4. AndyP612

AndyP612 Aficionado (205) Illinois Mar 10, 2013

Coffee? Milk and Coffee? Who woulda thought it?
  5. DanK4

DanK4 Aficionado (240) Maine Jan 17, 2012

If you have a problem with Trailer Park Boys, then (in the words of Bubbles) "Go fuck yourself you greasy cocksucker!"
    miketd and Beerandraiderfan like this.
  6. PKPUNCH

PKPUNCH Disciple (55) California Jan 24, 2013

man i so wish i could have this again... totally missed out on buying bottles but it was SOOOOO gOOOOd!
  7. Fixed that for you.
    MisterBisco likes this.
  8. I haven't seen The Wire (except for that scene when the guy says "shit" a million times) but how about Arrested Development >>>>>>> any other comedy?
  9. Easily. And that is no disrespect to any other comedy.
  10. MrDave

MrDave Advocate (540) California Jan 23, 2013

At Ferry Building and Coit Liqour, I was fortunate enough to score 5 bottles. It never made it to east bay though, save for on tap at Beer Rev and such.
  11. Any chance they still have this in the bay area-east bay?
  12. Cubatobaco

Cubatobaco Advocate (595) Virginia Jan 27, 2013

It's here in VA. I picked up a bottle yesterday and will head back for another tomorrow if its still available. Haven't had it yet, bet it sounds delicious.
  13. El_Guapo

El_Guapo Zealot (80) California Feb 19, 2013

I bough four at the Bevmo on North Main, Walnut Creek yesterday (Saturday, April 20) and saw some at Monument Liquors in Concord. Cheaper at Bevmo (5.79). Cheers!

Forgot to mention, the tastes are intriguing in terms of bitterness, strong espresso coffee favors with a bit of steamed milk flavors. I like it, but, it may not be for every body's taste.
  14. lsummers

lsummers Advocate (535) California Jun 21, 2010

I thought it was so so, I really want to try it on tap. Their glassware for the beer is unique, I picked it up today.
    [​IMG]
    Smiles72 and BeastLU like this.
  15. JGam115

JGam115 Aficionado (215) New York Apr 8, 2013

Tasted it out of the bottle at the NYC release last week. Pleasantly surprised, as the coffee went really well with the Citra they used. I was able to snag two bottles the next day.

On a side note, I've been really impressed with Stone's distribution here in NY (maybe the whole NE?). Distributors, bars, and beer stores alike receive new releases a day apart if not on the exact same day. That be some crazy logistics!
  16. I'm in Boston, shit was great!! Can't find anymore. Called back my store and they said they only got 2 cases total out of very few that were shipped to MA. I guess I just went on the right day right hour. Anyone sees anymore in the Boston area please shoot me a BM.
  17. still have not seen this beer on LI NY. has anyone else? i'm super anxious to try this. i love hops and im a coffee fiend!:confused:
    Zeeterman and 1Sundown2C like this.
  18. MrDave

Good news. Bottles hit Concord on Friday, which should mean the same for greater east bay. I believe the distributor for most of east bay is out of Richmond.

I'm equally happy to report that the taste has not fallen off noticeably!
  19. Stinger80OH

Stinger80OH Advocate (640) Ohio Nov 11, 2011

Just bought 2 bottles in suburban CLE....7.99/each
    PKPUNCH likes this.
  20. Stevedore

Stevedore Champion (835) Wisconsin Nov 16, 2012

Didn't read the full thread but anyone know if this is strictly a one-off? Or will this be coming back?
  21. Barely missed this one. Don't think it would taste as good now. Oh well.
  22. nanobrew

nanobrew Initiate (0) California Dec 31, 2008

Thought I would share a sexy photo my neighbor took of this beer with the glasses I picked up at Stone.

[​IMG]
  23. 1Sundown2C

1Sundown2C Savant (380) New York Jan 13, 2012

Nope, still have my eye out for it myself.
  24. 395er

395er Aficionado (180) California Apr 29, 2011

The fact that some love it and some want to drain pour it tells me they're on to something. $5.99 here in SD, and I dig it for being something different.
    MrDave likes this.
  25. BMitch

BMitch Aficionado (235) Virginia Jul 10, 2012

Where at in MD? Got to try it a few weeks ago, thought it was great and would like to try it again but NOVA looks like it's been cleaned out.
  26. Delicious! NJ had it a few weeks ago. Looking for that cappuccino Stone now.
  27. MrDave

$6.99 at Don's Liquor in Concord, $5.49 at BevMo in Walnut Creek.
  28. marshmeli

marshmeli Savant (425) New York Feb 14, 2012

I think this week or next...
  29. Bond111

Bond111 Savant (335) Minnesota Feb 14, 2011

Anyone willing to send a couple to MN??
  30. Petela

Petela Aficionado (165) New Jersey Mar 21, 2013

Had this last night. Was not expecting to like it as much as I did! Wish i bought more!!
  31. Nachos4two

Nachos4two Advocate (545) Illinois Nov 26, 2011

being down the street from two brothers and still cant find any to buy!!!
  32. just received 4 bottles of founders doom first 4 call gets it
  33. Stinger80OH

Stinger80OH Advocate (640) Ohio Nov 11, 2011

34. 8.99 @ Top Hops
  35. Holy shit, this beer is amazing. If you are a fan of coffee, IPAs or both, you must try this beer.
    Hoptimus-Prime likes this.
  36. olfolxholme

olfolxholme Savant (285) California Feb 13, 2011

I saw a few bottles at Mill Valley Market this morning... that place has the best selection in Marin County, IMO...
    SanFranJake likes this.
  37. You either don't like coffee or you don't like IPAs. Am I right or am I right? Seriously, I can't find a thing wrong with this beer.
  38. Send one to me and I'll let you know!
    dar482 likes this.