1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Stone Enjoy By 04.01.13

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by shamrock071521, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Another one that I wish I could get in Tennessee!! Guess I'm gonna have to beg some friends out of state to get me some!!
  2. Where did you grab it in MA? My local shops were sold out.
  3. We got it here in NC. Really good, I'm glad more DIPA's are being brewed in this direction instead of the sugar and alcohol bombs of late.
  4. i just had the 4-1-13 and was let down after remembering the 12-21-12 batch. The 4-1-13 seemed way to Piney with not nearly as much nose as I remember from the 12-21-12. Anyone else feel this way?
  5. imduffman

imduffman Aficionado (170) Ohio Oct 22, 2012

Still have some available in Oxford, OH
  6. El_Guapo

El_Guapo Zealot (80) California Feb 19, 2013

If you are still looking for it in the Danville/San Ramon part of the San Francisco East Bay, the Danville BevMo has about 3 cases stacked up near the first cash register. I now have enough to last me to 4/1/13. Cheers!
    PerdidoKeyBum likes this.
  7. 12.99 in Moyock NC, they are fucking rheeming people lol
  8. Dag87

Dag87 Disciple (55) California Dec 18, 2012

Got to get me some of these....
  9. TychoNDC

TychoNDC Savant (360) New York Jan 7, 2013

Found this today out on LI (Suffolk County out on the North Shore). Very excited to give it a try as I was not expecting it to be available.
    Hoptimus-Prime likes this.
  10. Obsidian

Obsidian Savant (295) California Dec 9, 2012

All Stone stores in California are doing growler fills of 04.20.13 on Monday.
  11. 19etz55

19etz55 Savant (335) New Jersey Aug 12, 2007

What about Jersey (NJ)? We love our beer here! That's no 4.01 joke!
  12. Fahz

Fahz Savant (345) New York May 31, 2012

Picked up two bottles yesterday had one tonight - I am happy I found it and had a chance to enjoy one, thought it was very good!
  13. Thads324

Thads324 Savant (390) Connecticut Jan 21, 2010

Am I the only one who was underwhelmed by this beer?
    fmccormi likes this.
  14. Trilogy31

Trilogy31 Savant (300) California Jan 13, 2011

Yes
    Yes
    Hoptimus-Prime likes this.
  15. Had this the other night, followed by a Sucks. While the Enjoy By was delicious, I think it spoiled my taste buds. Afterwards, the Sucks seemed to lack the juicy fruitiness that I had come to expect from it; instead, it seemed much more grainy. In any case, that doesn't take anything away from Enjoy By—tasty beer.
  16. OTB

OTB Savant (345) California Sep 2, 2011

WOW, I just LOVE it when I see Saratoga Springs pop up on this board. Though my family moved to So Cal in 1963 everyone on both sides our family are from Saratoga. Very cool.

Cheers......
  17. RyFikes

RyFikes Savant (280) New York Jan 3, 2013

Consumer Beverage has it too!
  18. Zurich

Zurich Disciple (70) New York Sep 4, 2012

just discovered a bunch of this at Khim's on Myrtle in Brooklyn. There were at least 4-5 bottles, not sure on the price. Khim's tends to be expensive in general, but in case anyone was looking, thought I'd mention it. Last day to grab it before it goes bad! ;)
  19. APB

APB Savant (415) Nebraska Dec 15, 2012

[​IMG]
    Enjoy 4/20 fresh growler sent from fellow BA VegasHopHead. First glass ever and after just taking a sip I plan to try to always have this in my fridge, definitely in my top 3
  20. I just picked up a 4/1 and it was damn damn good!
  21. nc41

nc41 Advocate (600) North Carolina Sep 25, 2008

Nice twist on an IPA, loved it.
  22. fmccormi

fmccormi Champion (750) New York Oct 24, 2010

Nope. I thought it was pretty solid (really good, actually) but it just didn't have the chutzpah I was expecting it to. All these hyped-up (D)IPAs anymore have all flavoring / aroma hops and such low bitterness. Fresh Finestkind is 5x as bitter as Enjoy By.
  23. I loved it but find it puzzling how everyone complains about Lag Sucks moving to 32oz bottles and what it will do to the price, yet everyone is happy to be paying the equivalent of $20 or more for what would be a 6 pack of Enjoy By.
    Let's start the movement to get this in 12oz bottles. I am not greedy, 4 or 6 packs will do.
    UncleJimbo likes this.
  24. Thads324

Thads324 Savant (390) Connecticut Jan 21, 2010

Agreed! Fresh finest kind is one of the most underrated beers around. I just got a lot of muddled hops and oniony grass from enjoy by, both times i had it, both on tap and out of the bottle.
    I'll take ghandi-bot any day
    fmccormi likes this.
  25. fmccormi

fmccormi Champion (750) New York Oct 24, 2010

Mm. Fresh Gandhi-Bot really is something special. Although, it drops off more quickly than a lot of others, I've found. And even it isn't that bitter, compared to some others. But, much more bitter than Enjoy By.