1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Stone Enjoy By 04.01.13

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by shamrock071521, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Mag00n

Mag00n Savant (390) New York Nov 21, 2008

Yes I would be surprised as well, although things have been slowly getting better around here. Ill be sure to let you know if I here anything.

fmccormi likes this.
  2. fmccormi

fmccormi Champion (770) Florida Oct 24, 2010

Gnarly. I've always got my ear to the ground around here, as best I can anyway, but there are always surprises.

3. beerindaglass

beerindaglass Savant (300) Florida Feb 20, 2013

Uh Yes. Especially for those of us in Florida.

4. ha my bad, I copied the article from the website like ten minutes after it was posted, they might have added it afterwards. I nearly gave up when for whatever reason they put everything in alphabetical order then just added Michigan there at the end.

Unfortunately the store I work at won't be getting any (we don't sell too much Stone), I was told the distributor only got ~20 cases of 22oz for SE Michigan.

5. No lines or anything at the Pasadena store. It's amazing how much better things are when they aren't hyped up for no reason.

6. Had this on tap at Stone over the weekend. Would drink again... and again.... and again.

.... And again.

jchoffman likes this.
  7. Brani

Brani Zealot (75) Illinois Jan 13, 2008

no illinois???? =\

8. Its should be available starting today (2/27/13). I haven't seen or heard a word yet in social media or on any websites. Anybody got some breaking news...? (Especially in NC). Thanks.

9. MattOC

MattOC Savant (295) Massachusetts Jan 13, 2013

Via Twitter a few minutes ago: "Today's the day! @StoneBrewingCo #EnjoyBy 04-01-13 lands in #CT #ME #RI #VT and makes its triumphant return to #MA Seek and you shall find!"
    I'm pumped for this. Enjoy By 12.21.12 was one of my favorite beers from last year. Hopefully I can get my hands on this latest release.

FarmingtonRiver likes this.
  10. Rosty

Rosty Aficionado (190) New York Nov 29, 2006

Any hits in NYC yet?

11. I had the 12/21 from Ma last time, cant wait to get some from CT now! Working on NH till Friday so will have to look on the way home

12. fuzzbalz

fuzzbalz Savant (390) Georgia Apr 13, 2002

Just got an email back from a distributor here in Ga, said the usual.... " We were allocated a very small number of cases, so they’re not going to be spread out very far. Your best bet would be in the city of Atlanta at either Hop City on Marietta St. or Green’s on Ponce de Leon." ...... Same old story, thought this one might be one I could get but it doesn't look good, I'm a bit south of the atl.

13. dar482

dar482 Advocate (690) New York Mar 9, 2007

14. Rosty

Rosty Aficionado (190) New York Nov 29, 2006

dar482 likes this.
  15. Dan_Bowman

Dan_Bowman Savant (270) Ohio Apr 11, 2010

Picked up a few bottles on Ohio today

16. drgarage

drgarage Initiate (0) California Aug 19, 2008

Is the Bay Area only getting draft this time around? That's all the map is showing.

17. jchoffman

jchoffman Aficionado (185) Georgia Jan 28, 2012

Not good.. I was really wanting to get ahold of some of this.. been waiting for far too long....

18. No1Smitty

No1Smitty Savant (395) California Nov 7, 2011

A couple of the dots on Stones map say bottles. Pretty sad when it looks like I am going to have to trade for this from an east coast partner for a west coast beer. If you look at the map New York is getting absolutely slammed with Enjoy by. It looks like EVERY Liquor store is getting it. Enjoy East coast. Next time we need to start a voting campaign. I'm looking at you NorCal.

19. Rion

Rion Savant (265) North Carolina Jan 30, 2013

Yeah it was suppose to be in NC today but in Charlotte the distribution company we have did not have it on the truck?? So I get to wait until next week... so slack. They also did this with the release of Hop slam to me its a little odd but oh well.

20. drgarage

drgarage Initiate (0) California Aug 19, 2008

Any in San Francisco? I'm only seeing bottles in the North Bay and down in Santa Cruz...

21. sendbeer

sendbeer Savant (485) Georgia Apr 8, 2010

I was thinking the same thing about Atlanta and the rest of GA.

22. ^I second this^ up there with the elite Double IPA's, very nice

jrnyc likes this.
  23. nuckbuc

nuckbuc Savant (265) New York Dec 28, 2010

It's in Rochester NY as of today

frankthetank86 and MarkJBurch like this.
  24. I was just at my local store in MA. I was disappointed when my beer guy said "next week". He said he was told this today from the distributor. This doesn't seem right to me. Time to call another store...

25. Landed in SE Michigan today. $5.99 a bottle, one bottle limit. I am pretty excited to open this this weekend.

26. Dan_Bowman

Dan_Bowman Savant (270) Ohio Apr 11, 2010

I paid $6.99 a bottle. That is so cheap!

27. FATC1TY

FATC1TY Moderator (655) Georgia Feb 12, 2012 Staff Member

It'll be in town Friday I hear.

I doubt I'll be able to get a bottle, so I'm not gonna freak out over it. I'm a bit south of the city now myself, so..

Hop City would be a pass. They get most of everything in the state, but they sell it out so fast, and hold it for their buds, so the chance of getting any if you aren't there when they unpack it.. are next to nil in most cases.

28. slim2043

slim2043 Savant (395) Connecticut Jul 23, 2012

No joy in CT yet... Any other Connectians.? Seen it?

29. Just hit distributor today... should be almost everywhere by weekend.

woosterbill likes this.
  30. mrelizabeth

mrelizabeth Initiate (0) California Jan 22, 2012

Wherever you are, drink it as fresh as possible!

31. Just like the rest of the Stone lineup (the half that we get) if they did bring it here I'll bet we wouldn't see it in stores until 3/28/13

32. FEUO

FEUO Initiate (0) Ontario (Canada) Jul 24, 2012

Picked up 2 today. There was a 6 bottle limit. Kicking myself now.
    Store typically advertises new releases via FB and of course they did that after I showed up. Now sold out.
    Ah well. My 2 will taste great this weekend.
    They also had a couple cases o' Sucks. Thought that was gone. Glad its back. Fresh?

33. MisterBisco

MisterBisco Advocate (520) New York Feb 18, 2009

I saw Sucks again in NYC today after not having seen it for a few weeks. This fits in with the rumors that it's going to be year-round. Didn't check the bottle dates, but guessing fresh - the place I saw it has pretty fast turnover and hasn't had it shelved for a few weeks.

FEUO likes this.
  34. FEUO

FEUO Initiate (0) Ontario (Canada) Jul 24, 2012

This store I go to typically puts the new fresh stuff right up in front of the regular shelves. This, Enjoy Boy, some new Short's, etc were all just hanging out there.
    I should have grabbed a case.

35. lic217

lic217 Savant (460) Connecticut Aug 10, 2010

I just saw Sucks in my packy for the first time in weeks. I checked the bottle and if I am reading it right it is less then 2 weeks old.

36. I am having an Enjoy By right now. This is perhaps the best smelling DIPA I have ever had! This has been a good week for hoppy beers, so far. PtY, PtE, and Row 2 Hill 56 yesterday. Enjoy By right now. I have a Knuckle Sandwich in the fridge for tomorrow and another Enjoy By for this weekend. Prior to yesterday, a lot of Sucks. I will have to move onto another style for upcoming weeks (unless I am willing to be disappointed), as there is almost no way to match this week. I guess, it is a good problem to have. :)

p.s. This is the 4th batch of Enjoy By that I have had and IMO there is very little variation between the batches, in terms of bottles. I have however noticed a little difference between the bottled and draft versions. Bottles have always been better.

fmccormi and FarmingtonRiver like this.
  37. BOTW in Rochester is advertising they'll have it so not just NYC.

libbey and Rempo like this.
  38. mmtmatrix

mmtmatrix Zealot (80) Colorado Aug 8, 2007

Not a fan of hype, but this is a darn good beer to drink fresh.

39. rigo

rigo Aficionado (160) New York Jul 30, 2006

were in rochester

40. rigo

rigo Aficionado (160) New York Jul 30, 2006

any in yonkers ny