1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Stone Enjoy By 04.01.13

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by shamrock071521, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Japple

Japple Aficionado (180) New York Jan 1, 2011

not gonna be cheap here either. New York and it's damn beer taxes

2. Japple

Japple Aficionado (180) New York Jan 1, 2011

my guy in seaford seems to think it won't be here for a few weeks. usually he knows his shit, but he must be mistaken on this one

3. willbm3

willbm3 Savant (380) Massachusetts Feb 19, 2010

I paid $11.25 in Boston. That's close to twice as much as some people have paid. I understand a couple dollars but damn

4. jrnyc

jrnyc Advocate (630) New York Mar 21, 2010

A few weeks? It is already upstate and in the city. The distributors who deliver to Long Island must have it already. I have been asking around a lot and gotten no solid answers.

5. jrnyc

jrnyc Advocate (630) New York Mar 21, 2010

That is ridiculous, you are being gouged. it was 9 bucks in NYC.

6. Lol exactly my point. they are all clueless! I'm on the look out and post anything I find out

7. reizorc

reizorc Savant (285) Pennsylvania Oct 1, 2008

You are from VERMONT!!!! HELLO HEADY TOPPER!!!!!

8. TomTwanks

TomTwanks Initiate (0) Ohio Apr 5, 2011

Guessing you don't understand sarcasm!

9. reizorc

reizorc Savant (285) Pennsylvania Oct 1, 2008

Just Jealous!! Will be in Killington in a few weeks, but doubt I'll find any there, I'm afraid I'll be too south..

10. Holsie

Holsie Initiate (0) South Carolina Jun 27, 2012

In NC and righteous.

11. Tasting great in NC now!

wolfeman007 likes this.
  12. willbm3

willbm3 Savant (380) Massachusetts Feb 19, 2010

Until I saw all the prices on this post I thought it was a pretty good deal. Most bombers are in the 7-10 dollar range (with exceptions of course) so I figured $11 for a special release DIPA isn't too bad. Turns out it sells as low as $6 some places. Just another 'benefit' of living downtown.

FWIW, they had cases upon cases of Voodoo Doughnut Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana selling for $14/bottle. Pretty sure no one is buying that

13. FEUO

FEUO Initiate (0) Ontario (Canada) Jul 24, 2012

Am I the only one picking up the funk on this? Damn. Its good, but it is some funky fresh sh*t.

Lipsntoes likes this.
  14. Premo88

Premo88 Advocate (500) Texas Jun 6, 2010

bought three bottles tonight in College Station, TX ... VERY much looking forward to seeing if the beer can match the hype

oh ... $7.49 a bottle for those wondering

15. colbyguy

colbyguy Aficionado (120) Maine Jan 15, 2012

Arrived in Southern Maine today. $7.99

16. craigo19

craigo19 Savant (260) Michigan Oct 12, 2009

I picked up 2 bottles in SE Michigan today for $6.99 each. It was going quick. Needless to say I will be sharing one with a few friends in my home brew club and the other by myself.

17. They didn't show much love to northeastern NC...one store in naggs head got some...sold it in 2 hours :/ didn't even have time to get off work to go get it. Considering taking the 4 hour ride to Raleigh lol

18. cincysig

cincysig Savant (340) Massachusetts Sep 15, 2010

$7.49 on the North Shore (of Boston). Grabbed a few.

19. $6.49 in tax free Delaware.

20. liane

liane Aspirant (45) Minnesota Jan 2, 2013

Hey Stone-What's with MN and WI getting the shaft?? It don't seem right to deny 2 great beer drinking states!!!

21. headbucket

headbucket Savant (265) Ohio Oct 30, 2007

Had 2 pints on tap tonight and it was rather enjoyable. I hope they continue doing this in the future and can hit a bunch of markets from time to time with a very nice and fresh IPA every time you find it. Could barely taste the alcohol at first but as it warmed you could tell its strength a bit more.

22. LOLzerbeams

23. JISurfer

JISurfer Champion (950) Hawaii Dec 10, 2002

Got mine in Charleston, Sc, 30 minutes after it was put out. Enjoying it now.

24. amp138

amp138 Savant (295) Rhode Island Dec 21, 2011

Had some on draft at the Farm House in Burlington - honestly, I liked it but it tasted strange, unlike any other IPA I've ever had

25. FEUO

FEUO Initiate (0) Ontario (Canada) Jul 24, 2012

Agreed. Took me a few sips to get into this. Not what I was expecting when I opened it.

26. MA!!! Stoked!

27. BlindSalimander

BlindSalimander Savant (250) Texas Aug 16, 2010

$7 at store here in DFW. $14 at Flying Saucer last night.

28. Benny3000

Benny3000 Savant (375) Michigan Apr 4, 2012

My wife and I split two bombers of this last night. Not only was the beer was great, but my wife got plastered and ended up getting quite frisky. Thanks Stone! I definitely look forward to obtaining more of this mojo liquid very soon!

BostonHops, ressling, ColdOne and 3 others like this.
  29. I'm surprised Mayor Bloomberg lets you guys buy bombers ;).

szmnnl99, codasnap52, miketd and 2 others like this.
  30. alex021224

alex021224 Savant (305) Michigan Nov 3, 2012

Just finished my first bottle and I must say that this a very zlegit beer. This is something I will be purchasing everytime it is released throughout the year. Haven't had Reunition, but if it is even close I really have to grab a that as well.

Hoptimus-Prime likes this.
  31. Ruination is not even close imo, but worth a try non the less.

32. The Beer Shop in East Longmeadow, MA still had a few as of 2:00 pm today. 1 bottle limit, 8.99 each. Mine is chilling in the fridge now.

I should have brought my Groucho glasses with me.

TheBeerShop likes this.
  33. stafford2

stafford2 Aficionado (220) Maryland Nov 13, 2010

Was supposed to be in MD on the 27th - still can't find any today. Has anyone seen this in MD?

34. mrelizabeth

mrelizabeth Initiate (0) California Jan 22, 2012

Not huge hop-head states, though. At least, not yet.

Wisconsin is the best old-world beer state in the country, IMO. It's only a matter of time before some West Coast brewer opens up shop in WI/MN and starts churning out hop bombs.

35. FlockOfMoose

FlockOfMoose Initiate (0) Maryland Feb 10, 2013

What part of MD? I run the beer division for a number of stores in southern DE - If you're anywhere near the shore (OC) I can hook you up!

With that said, my bartender buddy in OC said they were having some issues with their distributor and it can't be found anywhere in OC, not sure about the rest of MD. Plenty of it up here in DE though.

36. I don't know any Georgia's that drink these kinds of beers. How is it possible they out voted Florida?

kpanter likes this.
  37. rob2indy

rob2indy Aspirant (35) Ohio Feb 24, 2013

Going to be in Charleston in a couple weeks. Any suggestions for good brew there?

38. Ruination is amazing. But it's not even close to Enjoy By.

westcoastbeerlvr and jrnyc like this.
  39. Who is charging $11? I paid 7

40. NooseJustice

NooseJustice Savant (465) Indiana Aug 4, 2010

$9 at Kahns on Keystone near Broad Ripple in Indianapolis. figures. oh well. it's in the fridge now and i'm getting rock hard with excitement