1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Stone Enjoy By 04.01.13

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by shamrock071521, Feb 15, 2013.

1. jrbchef

jrbchef Savant (255) Connecticut Feb 24, 2011

[​IMG]
    got mine!
  2. I hate to be that guy, but it wasnt as good as 12/28. 4/1 was mroe bitter where 12/28 was more dank and resinous. I liked it alot more.
  3. Best DIPA at the price point. Period.
    westcoastbeerlvr and jrnyc like this.
  4. willbm3

willbm3 Savant (380) Massachusetts Feb 19, 2010

Charles street. Feel free to share where it was $7
  5. stafford2

stafford2 Aficionado (195) Maryland Nov 13, 2010

Around Baltimore - per Beer Menus, nobody has it. Something wrong with the distribution in all of MD
  6. SenorHops

SenorHops Savant (375) Rhode Island Aug 10, 2010

Yup. This beer might be the most overrated beer I've ever seen and that says a lot.
    BleepBloopBlap and duels like this.
  7. TheMonkfish

TheMonkfish Initiate (0) Chad Jan 8, 2012

It turns out it was a license issue to some extent. I was told that the bureau did not give approvals in time for this round of Enjoy By. I had also heard from others that Stone forgot to renew their license with the state and would be unable to distribute fresh beer to NH until after 3/1 (their re-filing for a license.)

I was actually pretty psyched to see a bottle of Ruination on the shelves recently that had a May best before date - that's pretty good for NH.

Either way, I have heard that enjoy by will be hitting the Granite State at some point.
  8. bmmortale

bmmortale Savant (250) Maryland Apr 6, 2012

Had a few pours (because it was awesome) at Frisco Taphouse in Columbia on Friday. It's still on tap there according to their website (which updates as kegs change). Haven't seen any bottles anywhere, though.
  9. rigo

rigo Aficionado (135) New York Jul 30, 2006

$8.99 in nyc
  10. I guess I could move on and accept this if it was a recent issue, but it isn't. Stone hasn't made any effort when it comes to bringing fresh product into our state since they started distributing here. My local currently has 2 stone items on his shelf because everything else he tries to order is either out of stock or is almost or already expired when it comes in. I love their product and I wish I could support what they are doing, but honestly I'm fed up with them. There's a lot of great beer coming into the state lately and I'm going to choose them instead.
  11. DanE

DanE Savant (400) Connecticut Feb 24, 2012

I bought one in Glastonbury CT on Friday. Good beer but I found the Ruination (BB also 4/1/2013) to be more delicious.
  12. DoctorSuds

DoctorSuds Disciple (60) Maryland Jan 13, 2013

I've been looking too, but with no luck. However, I just saw this on Twitter (posted 3/2):

kyle mastalinski@kylemastalinski
    @danputz I talked to the guys at wine source, the distributor has it but the store won't receive any until tues or thurs.
  13. lic217

lic217 Savant (410) Connecticut Aug 10, 2010

Enjoy by $8.50 in hartford county. i liked it, but had maine brewing company lunch ($7 for 17 oz) next to it and preferred the lunch. I also preferred sucks and Gandhi bot (recnet dipas that I have had) to enjoy by. It was very good, prefer the other beers though for price and taste. In order I would rank them

Gandhi Bot
    Lunch
    Sucks
    Enjoy by

Taking money into it:
    Sucks
    Gandhi Bot
    Lunch
    Enjoy by

However, all 4 are very good.
    I ended up buying 3 enjoy bys. I would of been happy with 2. When I see enjoy by from now on I will just get one. i wish it was $10-12 for a six pack.
    DanE likes this.
  14. When you see out of code beer anywhere please log on to www.stonebrew.com/freshbeer... we (I ) want to know about it please (and Thank you )
    Jeff Nelson
    New England Regional Sales
    Stone Brewing Co.
    Flight0011, Brewso and fearfactory like this.
  15. Sorry you feel this way but we ship beer to NH as fresh as any other state in New England . I have seen beer bottled on the same day it ships and arrive in NH just 5 days later....
    And please see my note about reporting out of code beer.. www.stonebrew.com/Freshbeer . We (I) want to know about it!
    fearfactory likes this.
  16. dar482

dar482 Advocate (645) New York Mar 9, 2007

How does this work? If I see a bad beer, I should buy it and then they'll replace it?

By the way for Long Islanders. Fairway in Douglaston (despite being in Queens) as a bunch of Enjoy By.

Port and Little Neck Bev plan getting it on Monday/Tuesday. Garden City and Flushing Bev ran out.
  17. jchoffman

jchoffman Aficionado (185) Georgia Jan 28, 2012

I paid $7.99 at my favorite bottle shop for one, and got lucky and got 2 more at another bottle shop close by.. the second one ended up calling the distributor and ended up getting a special delivery (due to my asking) and for my good advice, sold me 2 bottles..(one at first, another the 2nd day) so I'm a happy camper.. they were $7.49 per bomber.
  18. JohnDMartin

JohnDMartin Initiate (0) Kentucky Jan 13, 2013

Enjoyed... Twice...
    jrnyc likes this.
  19. This one just didn't do much for me, which is how I felt about the ruination anniversary. It was good no doubt, but this weekend I had Enjoy By, Lunch, Founders all day and Hoponius Union. All super-duper fresh.

For me, Hoponius was the best hoppy beer of the weekend (while also being a $3 bottle).
  20. Picked up mine in the Boston area for $8.50. This was a much better price than I had feared and doesn't seem that bad compared to others. Damn good beer too.
  21. loafinaround

loafinaround Savant (370) New York Jul 16, 2011

It's here guys! Let's go get it!!!
    dar482 likes this.
  22. Kalev13

Kalev13 Aficionado (140) Delaware Feb 14, 2013

I just had my first "Enjoy By IPA" this weekend. I thought it was delicious, the citrus and floral flavors took the edge off of what could have been overwhelming bitterness for an enjoyable DIPA.

I found it locally for $6.50--and it was worth it. I don't think it is over-hyped, it is just well-marketed.
  23. MrDave

MrDave Advocate (540) California Jan 23, 2013

Goddamn they hid that high abv well!
  24. where???
  25. stafford2

stafford2 Aficionado (195) Maryland Nov 13, 2010

Only in MD would the distribution of a beer with a 1 month shelf life be delayed a week.
    lackenhauser and bmmortale like this.
  26. drgarage

drgarage Initiate (0) California Aug 19, 2008

This batch isn't quite as good as the previous rounds -- I get a lot less tropical fruit and more straight up lemon and citrus. Either they used a slightly different hop profile (more Calypso?) or the tropical side is the very first to go.
    Crookdrain likes this.
  27. Hop Stoopid is cheaper. and similar quality to this Enjoy By.
  28. ChrisMon02

ChrisMon02 Savant (425) Ohio May 2, 2010

Just
    Just picked up a few in Cleveland for $7.69 per. Had 1 last night and even with a bit of onion taste it was Delish. So worth the money. There are so many shit beers out there in bombers that cost more...
    MrDave likes this.
  29. Japple

Japple Aficionado (180) New York Jan 1, 2011

it's honestly amazing. I've been to three distributors and none have a clue.
  30. reyolb

reyolb Aficionado (240) Minnesota Feb 23, 2005

Got three bombers at Whole Foods-Mason last Friday - $6.99 each. A nice catch!
  31. all i can say is... Hoorah! for O-H-I-O!!!!!
  32. atomic

atomic Savant (415) Illinois Sep 22, 2009

When you start getting Deschutes in Florida, Hop Henge might have a thing or two to say about that...
  33. Oops... I forgot to change my location when I moved back to NC, but your point still remains given that I can't get Deschutes here either... Looks like I will have to get my hands on some... When I was in Portland I was too busy drinking Black Butte XXIV, The Abyss, and goodies form other breweries that I neglected the Hop Henge.
  34. MrDave

MrDave Advocate (540) California Jan 23, 2013

I'd say "best north-of-9% IIPA for the price." There's plenty of amazing beers in that 7.5-8.5% range that are much better priced. Sucks, PtE, & Citra come to mind, but the list goes on and on...
    KhakCane likes this.
  35. Valid...very valid. I would agree with your analysis 100%.
    MrDave likes this.
  36. barfdiggs

barfdiggs Savant (420) California Mar 22, 2011

The first and second batches were excellent. I woke up on Monday morning from a nightmare where this beer tasted watery, had weak bitterness and very little hop flavor. Drank one of my 4.01.13s last night... nope, still excellent.
    westcoastbeerlvr and KhakCane like this.
  37. Mag00n

Mag00n Savant (345) New York Nov 21, 2008

Its here in UPSTATE NY
    water1112 likes this.
  38. water1112

water1112 Zealot (85) New York Nov 2, 2011

picked mine up tonight in saratoga springs ny