1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Stone Enjoy By 2/15/13 - coming back to TX

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by frogfan, Jan 4, 2013.

1. frogfan

frogfan Savant (370) Texas Sep 4, 2009

2. Chuk_Hell

Chuk_Hell Aficionado (245) Texas Apr 12, 2012

Well that's some damn fine breaking news.

3. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Initiate (0) Texas Apr 11, 2012

Hope I can actually get some this time. I haven't been able to enjoy since September!

4. omnigrits

omnigrits Savant (345) Texas Jun 1, 2006

I only had the 12.21.12 on draft (Red's Porch), and damn good it was. Looking forward to another hit and maybe a bottle or two this time.

Edit: I wonder if there are some other markets wondering why Texas is getting a second bite of the cherry so soon when they're still waiting for their first?

5. frogfan

They pick the markets based on social media interaction. TX and MO both got 12/21/12, and are getting the next round again due too due to overwhelming response on twitter etc per the article.

6. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

Anyone else notice pwsoldier's name in the article? :)

Glad to see Texas can actually win something beer related and we'll have more of this in like 1-2 weeks!

Texasfan549, Ford and pwsoldier like this.
  7. PhatAtUT

PhatAtUT Advocate (545) Texas Jul 31, 2009

i had a couple pints at petrol but never saw a bottle. did anyone buy this anywhere in houston besides smith st or d&q?

8. omnigrits

omnigrits Savant (345) Texas Jun 1, 2006

Ah, thanks. I didn't have time to read the piece earlier. I voted for it first time round :)

9. DanzBorin

D&Q didnt get it... :(

10. jrnyc

jrnyc Advocate (640) New York Mar 21, 2010

I was wondering if any BA's were in that list of prolific tweeters :)!

I have had all 3 of the batches, love the stuff. Need to get my hands on the next batch. Also, starting a bottle collection of these, my wife loves it o_O!

11. bentwookie

bentwookie Initiate (0) Texas Jan 13, 2008

The email I just got from Stone doesn't list Texas.

12. jrnyc

jrnyc Advocate (640) New York Mar 21, 2010

These active, vocal craft beer enthusiasts are opening a dialog, helping each other and, in the process, spreading the edict to DRINK FRESH AND NOW! We couldn’t have hoped for anything more when conceiving Stone Enjoy By IPA and thank you all, especially those who really took things to the next level by speaking loud, proud and often. The following are five fans who showed up on our radar the most during the Stone Enjoy By 12.21.12 IPA wave: MegJumpTweets (680 posts, Dallas-Fort Worth, TX), scottallan1963 (562 posts, Worcester County, MA), elareau11 (124 posts, undisclosed location, MA), pwsoldier (108 posts, San Antonio, TX), shannon_j (105 posts, Dallas, TX).
    [​IMG]
    Thanks in large part to the aforementioned evangelists, three regions rose to the top of the list. In fact, the top market yielded the highest number of emails and mentions for a single market since we started the Stone Enjoy By IPA program. That sum—3,626—was turned in by the Lone Star State. Turns out, everything is bigger in Texas, including, apparently, a thirst for hops.

13. bentwookie

14. rainerschuhsler

rainerschuhsler Savant (360) Texas May 17, 2012

Now that I think about it, I don't think I've seen anything Stone at D&Q.

15. icetrauma

icetrauma Savant (495) Texas Sep 7, 2004

Great another Stone IPA.

16. pwsoldier

pwsoldier Advocate (550) Texas Apr 26, 2007

True. I think they want all markets to have a chance to weigh in before resending to states/cities that have already had it. As it stands now, I think there's an excellent chance that TX will see Enjoy By again in the future, but not this month.

17. pwsoldier

pwsoldier Advocate (550) Texas Apr 26, 2007

Yep. I fucking love that beer. Reminds me of Lagunitas Sucks (which I'm currently drinking) and Alpine IPAs.

18. bentwookie

19. frogfan

Looks like mybeerbuzz was incorrect it seems the other markets listed in the article are getting the next wave - my apologies for sharing the bad info.

20. Chuk_Hell

Chuk_Hell Aficionado (245) Texas Apr 12, 2012

Our local Stone rep didn't think this next batch was headed to Texas either .. just talked to him 2 days ago. He does plan to request larger quanities for the next batch that does come here.. probably in late Feb/ early March.

Oh well. In the meantime, we can drown our sorrows in Sculpin. :)

21. reifsnid

reifsnid Aficionado (155) Texas Jun 1, 2006

I was mislead at first too. When I finally realized that TX isn't getting the 2.15.13 batch I was very sad to say the least.

22. TapThat

TapThat Aficionado (180) Oregon Nov 8, 2012

Bummer if this isn't making it to Texas this go around, really enjoyed the last release

23. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

Well that sucks!

Jez, with all the *mwa mwa mwa* butt-kissing on that press release and the fact that we COMPLETELY OBLITERATED all other states in social mentions AND had the "HOPPIEST BAR" in the US last year (Hay Market) this should now be a Texas year round! Send it all here, buds!

Drink by 1.31.13
    Drink by 2.28.13
    Drink by 3.31.13
    etc...

:)

24. icetrauma

Is the hop flavor more citrus or pine?

25. DanzBorin

Petrol Station won "Most Bitter Bar" in the nation. Hay Merchant won "Most Arrogant Bar" in the state.

26. Ford

Ford Savant (490) Texas Sep 8, 2012

Since I don't drink IPA's much... I guess I'll get over this disappointment.

27. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Savant (425) Texas Mar 12, 2012

It was worth trying. And I suspect this beer will continue to make its way around the US for years to come so you'll have a chance. As a point of reference it was similar hop profile to Southern Stars Pro-Am. I might have given the nod to the Pro-Am heads up and for sure felt Endeavour was better.

Ford likes this.
  28. DanzBorin

So why did they have this contest if they weren't going to actually make good on it?

29. canadianghetto

canadianghetto Savant (495) Texas Oct 15, 2011

I don't know why everyone expected TX would get the very next batch. They never said that if you won the "social game" that they would send it back right away. Once they have gotten it out to more markets I could see us getting it again when they are deciding who to ship again. Some people need to act less entitled.

30. ThirdEyePA

ThirdEyePA Savant (380) Texas Nov 7, 2011

Big time citrus. Reminds me of Alpine Pure Hoppiness. Big citrus notes, some piney flavors as well with a sticky/resinous mouthfeel like a fresh hop ale. Stones best IPA in my opinion. Definitely has the edge over Ruination.

31. icetrauma

Sorry I missed this on last year. Maybe next go round.

ThirdEyePA likes this.
  32. ThirdEyePA

ThirdEyePA Savant (380) Texas Nov 7, 2011

It should be back at some point this year since Texas won that social media contest associated with it. Just not sure when it will be. But it's really a stellar beer.

33. boogercrack

boogercrack Savant (340) Texas May 24, 2012

i picked up bottles at the bay area blvd specs, when i had zero intentions of finding them. was perusing around looking for something else and saw about half a case in the cooler, on the bottom shelf.

34. DanzBorin

A few smaller Specs got it, but it was at most a case from what I've heard.