1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Stone Enjoy By 2/15/13 in DC

Discussion in 'US - Mid-Atlantic' started by InfinityonTrial, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Anyone know when this hits? The recipe for this is kind of insane.
  2. tzolandz

tzolandz Aficionado (195) Virginia Mar 17, 2012

pretty sure it is en route now. wondering what quantities are going to be like as well. i grabbed a couple bottles of 12/21 in Jersey close to the end but that was b/c sandy screwed up shipments.
  3. cmmcdonn

cmmcdonn Savant (350) Virginia Jun 21, 2009

I do not know if DC is the same, but it will be arriving at my Total Wine in VA on 1/16
  4. I hear this should be in stores in eastern PA on Jan 22nd
  5. That'd be incorrect. Everybody's went out the same week.
  6. I talked with an employee at D'Vines in Columbia Heights today. He said they should get it in time for this weekend (Friday I believe). I'd call on Thursday to make sure. Not sure about any of the other stores.
  7. tzolandz

well, its either that or I got lied to. when in to the shop one week and they didn't have it - told me to try again the following week because deliveries got delayed during sandy. went back the week of 12/10 and grabbed two bottles.
  8. cj8311

cj8311 Aficionado (170) Maryland Nov 12, 2008

You both could be right. Everyone's could have gone out the same week, but final delivery to the shops could have been delayed by Sandy, if the roads were closed
  9. Scotty

Scotty Aficionado (210) Maryland Jun 29, 2012

Churchkey just tweeted they are tapping it tonight (01/16)
  10. Evidently it was supposed to hit the NOVA Total Wines today but it wasn't in the shipment.
  11. They are saying next week.
  12. Scotty

the Total Wine beer guy just tweeted this-

"Distributor just started delivering it 2day. McLean should get some tomorrow. Other NoVA stores to follow based on delivery sked."
  13. beast464

beast464 Savant (290) Maryland Apr 6, 2008

Cairo has it in now.
  14. What's Cairo selling it for?
  15. rhefter

rhefter Aficionado (155) Virginia Nov 10, 2009

TW Fairfax just got it in. Looked like they had about 4 cases, 2 bottles per person at $6.99
  16. crow121

crow121 Aficionado (115) Maryland Sep 23, 2010

ditto for TW in McLean. Also has Founders Imperial Stout
  17. Nice. Any Lagunitas Sucks with it?
  18. tzolandz

In stock at TW Manassas - looks like about 4 cases - no advertised limit.
  19. Evilonewhichsobs

Evilonewhichsobs Aspirant (45) Jan 7, 2013

The guy at TW in McLean told me two at a time but if I wanted to keep going out and coming back in that would be cool. I grabbed two for me and two for my boss.
  20. $10.99. They only had one bottle left on the shelf after I bought one. (Was looking for Lagunitas Sucks there too, but nope...)
  21. dhartogs

dhartogs Savant (350) Virginia Apr 29, 2010

Rustico Ballston tapped a keg last night, Alexandria location has one waiting to tap, I'd guess tonight.
  22. Shaaarrrp

Shaaarrrp Disciple (65) Virginia Dec 5, 2012

In stock at Westover Market in Falls Church...3 bottle limit
  23. Scotty

Whole Foods Fairfax - $7.49 - had about 5 cases, no limit
  24. anyone want to help a fellow BA out and pick me up a bottle for trade!!
  25. TW McClean still has some @ $6.99, picked up 2 while visiting a client nearby.
  26. Ha! Called TW Alexandria and the girl who answered the phone and she said they had "Enjoy yourself"
    skinsfan likes this.
  27. Weird. I called and they said they didn't have any.

Not sure if anyone has cracked on yet, but my god is this delicious.
  28. skinsfan

skinsfan Advocate (600) Maryland May 24, 2005

That's hilarious! Total Wine staff is top notch.
  29. skinsfan

skinsfan Advocate (600) Maryland May 24, 2005

Fortunate enough to be up in PA this weekend visiting family and had a couple this afternoon on draft and t is fabulous!
  30. Shaaarrrp

What you got???
  31. Shaaarrrp

FWIW, I stopped by the Total Wine in Alexandria (Little River Turnpike) this morning when the doors opened. The guy working there said that it hadn't arrived and they only get shipments on Wed. That said, who knows if he actually knew bout this special shipment. If what he said was true, it wont be there til next Wed for the stragglers among ya.

I stopped by Westover Market in Falls Church this afternoon and they still had a decent amt with a 3 bottle limit (also had Stone Vertical Epic but not sure that's a rarity
  32. rhefter

rhefter Aficionado (155) Virginia Nov 10, 2009

What was Westover actually selling them for?
  33. Alexandria should have gotten some in and the website is showing inventory.

The TW in Fredericksburg also only gets shipments on Wed and they got the same special shipment for this beer. However, they already sold out.
  34. Rodman's in Friendship Heights had some yesterday, at least per the guy I talked to on the phone.
  35. spitshaded

spitshaded Savant (325) Virginia Nov 12, 2012

I ordered a couple of bottles to be picked up at Total Wine in Fredericksburg right when the inventory was put online, then they called me just a few hours later to tell me that I couldn't have them because they had already been reserved (wasn't really aware that they did that). So, I had to drive to Springfield to get some. Good thing this stuff is delicious.
  36. Stopped by Rodman's yesterday and they were out of it. Any more in the District anywhere?
  37. Shaaarrrp

Might be worth giving Westover market a call although I wouldnt be surprised if theyre sold out by now (they had a decent amount left on Friday).
  38. cmmcdonn

cmmcdonn Savant (350) Virginia Jun 21, 2009

Springfield TW has it. Fiancee bought it so I don't know price. 1 bottle limit.

Too "oniony" for my tastes.
  39. You should probably see a doctor about that.