1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Stone Enjoy By 2/15/13 - San Diego

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by besaunders, Jan 15, 2013.

1. So, do any of the San Diego Stone stores (South Park, Oceanside) still have the Enjoy By in stock, or did it fly off the shelves within minutes?
  2. All the company store sites will have a 2 bottle/1 growler limit on it starting tomorrow. 1/16.

So show up then as it'll be in limited supply.
  3. They get it tomorrow. I grabbed some last week in Escondido mid afternoon. There was plenty.
  4. Odd - I thought it was today. I also notice that they open at 4:00 today and tomorrow.

Double never mind!
  5. pinkgrenade

pinkgrenade Savant (260) California Aug 19, 2011

if you pick it up in south park say hi to me! ill be working with redthetrucker
  6. Pasadena location checking in - they had 90 cases. That's 30 more than last batch. And with a limit going from 6 to 2, I expect it to last the rest of the day easily.
  7. dcgunman

dcgunman Savant (360) California Jul 1, 2009

To bad it's 2 bottle limit. But thats okay. More will (should) be able to enjoy this one. Does anybody have price details? $ per bottle and growler fill?
  8. $7 per bottle, $13.76 per 2-lite fill
  9. aztec87

aztec87 Zealot (95) California Aug 30, 2012

what about the liter growler size?
  10. mrkrispy

mrkrispy Savant (410) California Apr 5, 2006

Oh man, I hope this lasts until I get there to buy some, my growler is thirsty.
  11. MacNCheese

MacNCheese Initiate (0) California Dec 10, 2011

My growler is thrist for Societe O'Briens IPA.
  12. mrkrispy

mrkrispy Savant (410) California Apr 5, 2006

I have room for both
  13. tyrsis

tyrsis Savant (360) California Mar 13, 2009

this beer is good as fuck, btw
    drank two last night
  14. I'm headed there before the Aztecs game, hope the South Park location will still have some!
  15. Oceanside got 30 cases. They opened at 2:00 and are down to 5 cases as of 3:30
  16. dcgunman

Last years best new ipa. . . .dipa. It was delicious. Wish I could of stayed for one more. Only if they had a separate line just for glass refills. But got two bottles and growler to enjoy by. . . . .soon. :)

. . . . .hows the weather in kernville?
  17. peteinSD

peteinSD Savant (255) California Apr 25, 2010

for those that want bottles and strike out maybe try bevmo o'side later this week.
  18. Not likely. No one was getting this except the Stone stores.
  19. peteinSD

peteinSD Savant (255) California Apr 25, 2010

i really don't know. just trying to be helpful. i know that last go 'round the stone o'side store sold out very quickly and i nabbed a few bottles at bevmo o'side later that week.
  20. this batch is NorCal and out of state bound. Only SoCal spots getting it are the company stores.
  21. MacNCheese

I'm sure Stone will milk this one for a decade before putting out another great beer. And flood the market with crappy Anni's and Collabs or "Belgo"s in the meantime.
    domtronzero and dcgunman like this.
  22. tyrsis

I think you'll be surprised at what the IRS variant is this year...
  23. MacNCheese

I'll file that somewhere between "Does not care" & "Couldn't give a shit"

Unless it's a Rebel Yell barrel aged version. Right out of the plastic bottle.
  24. tyrsis

Not an IRS fan? I think it might be their best beer.
  25. ImJ2x

ImJ2x Initiate (0) California Jan 3, 2012

Uhhh, I don't wanna look like a nut-hugger, but I gotta defend Stone here, buddy. This beer is DELICIOUS. I'm not sure why that irritates you. And it IS megafresh. For an IPA whore like myself, that's soooooo important. I applaud Stone for emphasizing this to the industry. (How many good brewers STILL don't bottle date? Too many.)
    And I wanna make another point- I'm so tired of buying growlers from awesome (and not-so-awesome) brewers, only to be disappointed by the $20+ cost of a refill. (Isn't the whole idea of buying a growler supposed to be that it will save you money in the long run?) I filled my 66oz growler (2 more ozs than anyone else) for $13.89. With a world-class, SUPERfresh, mega-delish DOUBLE IPA. Thank you, Stone.
    dcgunman and tyrsis like this.
  26. ImJ2x

Oh yeah, and "crappy Anni's?" Ruination 10th "anni" is simply my fav beer ever.
    dcgunman likes this.
  27. Had a few "Drink Bys" in Pasadena yesterday and they were just as good as the previous release. IMO, there is no doubt that Stone is earning a place at the Big Boy Brewer's IPA table, matching up with beers like Zombie Dust, Citra, Heady and Nelson.
    jrnyc likes this.
  28. dcgunman

Enjoy By is by far the best "new" IPA/DIPA's from last year. The 8 oz pour at the comp store was super fresh. And for a growler fill for only around 14 is dirt cheap for a DIPA. Even if it's Stone. I think Stone, Alpine and a few others growler fill prices are decent. I can spend around $7-8 for gas round trip to Oceanside and buy 2 bottles and a growler fill (or more) it's worth it. But to run around OC from store to store looking to buy one bottle at a time and not really knowing how much your gonna pay for a bottle is insane to me. I used to run around looking for bottles here and there. Now I'll just drive to Alpine, Kern, etc to buy my beers in bulk and head back home and relax with a fridge of some awesome beers. You've got place like Port, the Bruery, Beachwood, etc. that will charge alot more for their growler fills. I'm not knocking them as they all have some awesome beers in their line-up. You pay $7 for a bomber of Enjoy By versus $14 for a growler fill of 64oz. That's like paying less than $5 for 22ozs. Deal. A great deal from Stone. IMO.
  29. dcgunman

This one (10th Anny Ruin) should be another one that Stone should make available a couple times a year. A big delicious beer. I did not care for their 16th Anny. But the tenth and enjoy by is spot on.
    ImJ2x likes this.
  30. dcgunman

How was the turn out at the Pasadena store? There was about 35+ in line at opening at the Oceanside store.
  31. About 50. Line was down to a dozen by the time we left. Got there an hour early and there were about a half dozen of Pasadena's finest standing in the small plaza where Stone is located with a sniffy dog. They left without incident or explanation. I'm guessing it was all that extra Lupulin.
  32. ImJ2x

Give em 6 pints and a doggy bowl of Enjoyby, and I bet they'll stop "sniffin"...
  33. ImJ2x

Drinking my growler now, and VERY impressed. This is a wonderful, complex, strong, FRESH beer. And, at $13.89/66 oz growler, maybe the best value ever. I work damn hard for my money. So thank you, Stone.
  34. MacNCheese

It's one of their better beers, it's also a Lee Chase creation which is tits. What's this year's variant? I don't support Stone much so it's not on my 'must buy' annually. I'd rather have a Speedway.
  35. MacNCheese

I never said it was a bad beer. In fact it's the Best beer they've made in a very long time. Given their track record of winners to losers, it'll be another decade before they make something as equally awesome.
  36. My experience at Stone Co. Store Pasadena: I called before we headed over to verify if they at least had bottles available. Arrived ~8:15PM and as we purchased our share of bombers, 8oz pours, and 2L growler fill, I was warned the keg is 1/5 full and the keg may be "kicked" during my fill. As we enjoyed our beer, the keg "kicked" at about 3/4ths of our growler fill and we had 2 options. Dump or keep the contents of the growler for free...They still had bottles left last night.
  37. I think there was only one option all along, and I'm sure you chose wisely.
    stillmatic and djaeon like this.
  38. tyrsis

Funny that you should prefer Speedway. This years odd IRS will be similar.
  39. MacNCheese

Speedway is on the shelf here year-round. No special need to hunt it or whatever. I'm sure the comparisons will be had at some point.
  40. Xul

Xul Advocate (525) California May 18, 2008

You have me intrigued. Stone IRS has always been one of my go-to beers to stock up on, perhaps no longer a favorite, but at ~$6/bottle, nice to put a stash away in the cellar. The smoked Old Guardian sounds interesting and can't be any worse than the Belgo variant, so I'm cautiously optimistic about that as well.